It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military building a bomb proof tunnel for Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Our Military is building a kilometer long bomb proof tunnel for Obama in India?

The source:

www.dnaindia.com...

The article about the tunnel:

www.dnaindia.com...

Something is going on folks. This is not what it appears and I can't even say WHAT IT APPEARS! Do we have a civil war going on that we don't know about? Can someone explain? Is this why it has been reported that we are spending 200 million a day?

Anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If they are, then they better get cracking. Obama will be there in 2 days.

I'm beginning to question the reliability of this source. All of their claims are outlandish. And nobody else is reporting the same.
edit on 4-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The tunnel would be a kilometre long and measure 12ft by 12ft — enough to let Obama’s cavalcade pass through. The tunnel would be centrally air-conditioned, fitted with close-circuit television cameras, and will be heavily guarded at every point, including, of course, its entry and exit.

What in the hell is going on?!!
This is .... I'm having trouble finding the correct reaction for this.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm going to side with Aggie Man on this.
This just seems to outlandish to believe

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Building a kilometer long tunnel in two days is impossible.
..unless of course the out source the project to the Chinese.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
From the OP source:

A bomb-proof over-ground tunnel — to be installed by US military engineers in just an hour.

Serious BS in my opinion. This is the same source claiming that Obama is spending $200-million a day on this trip. And the same source that said 34 warships left the US specifically for this event.

TOTAL BS!

What is this news source? Is this India's version of the National Inquirer?
edit on 4-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There needs to be more research done!!!!. its strange that he has such a huge logistic effort to go to India
But for this to pop us is very ODD...I smell G.L.P.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, you can't say that Obama isn't creating jobs.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
From reading the article via your link I actually think it is kind of cool that we have a tunnel that you can construct in
one hour"! Anyone else think this is ODD????? I really do not see how we could do this even with the 3000 people coming with the President all digging at once!

If we do have a way to make a 12 x 12 tunnel that fast, cheers to our engineers!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Since it is difficult to monitor such a congested area, they came up with a quick solution which left the Indians accompanying them amazed: A bomb-proof over-ground tunnel — to be installed by US military engineers in just an hour.

Its a sophisticated barricade...Nothing to see here

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MimiG

Yep, one hour is super fast.

Maybe this is a dry run for something bigger in the horizon??

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have a hard time understanding why this is so necessary? How threatened is his life now that he leaves the country with tons of people, needs 34 warships, bombproof tunnels and the Executive Order Obama released today

Fishy fishy fishy

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Look at the source. I am not familiar with the source. It does not look like an Indian version of "the onion".

This is linked by Drudge Report, also, as was the 200 million per day article. The sources, however ARE different for the two stories.

The MSM does NOT control India news, keep that in mind.

Something is going on. I don't get paranoid unless someone blows a particular smoke in my face, but this is simply over the top, WAY over the top.

We have a situation developing.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
here's the "about" page for the source:

about

Diligent Media Corporation

Diligent Media Corporation, which owns DNA (Daily News & Analysis), is a joint venture between two industry majors – the Dainik Bhaskar Group and Zee Group. With a reach of more than 120 countries and access to more than 250 million viewers globally, Zee TV has created a strong brand equity and is the largest media franchise serving the South Asian diaspora with presence in major global markets, including Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, the UK, the US, Canada, the Caribbean and Africa. The Group has transformed itself into an integrated media conglomerate with operations spanning the entire media spectrum.

^^more at the link..

In regards to the article, a possible threat (skyscraper, along with big population), is being handled via a temporary over the ground tunnel.. which will be removed as soon as the President departs the area..

Doesn't seem so far fetched, overkill maybe, and possibly insulting to the local population, but it seems to be a reasonable security assessment/solution?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The idea of a Bombproof tunnel is surely possible. I think that has to do with Urban-Warfare Tactics. Still the "Overground-Tunnel" reminded me an article that i was read in 2010 which is called " Walking Through Walls With the Israeli Army" which was based on an Essay written back in 2006 by Eyal Weizman.

Source

The maneuver conducted by units of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) in Nablus in April 2002 was described by its commander, Brigadier General Aviv Kokhavi, as inverse geometry, the reorganization of the urban syntax by means of a series of microtactical actions. During the battle, soldiers moved within the city across hundred-meter-long “overground-tunnels” carved through a dense and contiguous urban fabric.

In the age of global terrorism I think every informed citizen should have a rudimentary knowledgeable of security related topics.

So yeah i Assume that is Possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I work on a base and nothing is out the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This whole trip stinks to high heaven.
edit on 4-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Interesting, thank you. The source looks solid.
I think this is simply insane. Are we supposed to believe that Obama's life is in that much danger? 34 warships, bomb proof tunnel...why make the trip if it is that dangerous. This is simply absurd.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A "bomb-proof" (or at least, 'bomb-resistant") tunnel could be quickly erected using internal air-beams as a rib structure over which a heavy, "blast-proof" ballistic fabric would be draped.

MY question: Why on Earth would anyone ever agree to go anywhere such a contingency would be required?!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
this is so over the top that it has to be true. wtf is up with a 3,000 person entourage?

top topics

join