It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rite of an Exorcist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

One thing you need to be aware of is that many exorcist are not of a particular religion...Catholic, Jewish, Mormon..etc. Do they attend church services sometimes, but they aren't a regular. Some often go to different services like this weekend Catholic the next Jewish. On the other hand, most exorcists are what you call "Devout" in there religion.

Now in regards to deciding IF a person needs to be exorcised. First an exorcist wont see the person until a psychologist (That has experience in telling the difference between mental illness and something thats just not right) has seen them. Usually it is more than 1 that goes to see them. Then they collaborate afterwards to decide on a course of action. Then a priest or bishop or the possessed faith will come to the possessed and decide if they need to be exorcised. If it is decided an exorcism is to be done then one is contacted.

Usually from the point of realizing something is wrong with the person to the time the Exorcist steps in the room it can be 2-3 days. It is never rushed into, it isn't like you see in movies where the family calls their bishop and he calls the 1-800- exorcist hotline and he shows up an hours later...
edit on 5-11-2010 by bosito because: added more

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am in no way a "religious" person, but I personally experienced an event one night that I have no "rational" explanation for. I was good friends with a kid that lived across the street from me, we'll call "R". Now, R had a bit of a "rough" childhood- He lived with his mother, sister, grandmother, and his mother's boyfriend. "R"'s family life was definitely not the "norm". His mother, and grandmother were both very, very interested in the "occult", the grandmother and mother both claimed to be clairvoyant, with the ability to communicate with the "spirits" that seemed to be "drawn" to them. I never believed any of this, and just thought the family was just a bit... strange. Well, one of the things we did quite often was play with an old, homemade ouija board. Soon, "R" and I would always seem to "contact" the same spirit, who called themselves "Fred".

At first, it was all cheery fun. We'd ask "Fred" mundane life questions ("Will Julie ever like me?" Will I be rich?" ETC). Very quickly, the daily "harmless" fun we were having turned very disturbing. Every time we would "contact" Freddy through the Ouija board, he seemed to change from mindless fun ,to disturbingly violent. The goofy answers we used to receive turned to threats of violence, harm, and demonic possession. Around this time, "R"'s personality changed drastically. He painted his room black, painted crucifixes red and hung them upside down in his room. He said he had decided (with Fred's influence) to worship the "Devil".

I dismissed this as young teenage rebellion (we were right around the ages of 12-13, his sister a little younger then us), also, "R"s home-life was very turbulent around this time. He just found out, who he thought was his Father, was in fact, not his father. His sister wasn't actually his sister, but his half-sister. He didn't seem outwardly affected by this news, as I was sitting right next to him when his mother decided to inform him about it in a half-drunken stupor. Anyway, to get to the actual paranormal experience, I had been invited to a sleepover at his house right around the time all this chaos was going on in his life.

Everything was normal, until that night, when we went to bed in his bedroom. Now, his room was kind of creepy now, but even at this young age, I was very skeptical. I didn't believe in "ghosts" or hunting's. Hell, I discovered on my own, around the age of 9, that Santa clause was in fact, my father (the tags on the presents from Santa had the same distinct handwriting as my father, not to mention I was a snoop, and had found a few presents that came from "Santa" well before Christmas). But a few things happened that night, that I KNOW happened, I saw them, but have no explanation for. At first, while laying on his floor, next to his bed, I heard faint footsteps, and a scratching noise. I asked "R" about these noises, and he very calmly explained that it was Fred. Soon, the footsteps would get louder - the turned from faint sounds, into floor vibrating thumps.

The first thing that really scared me, though, was a collection of Tiger handheld games he had sitting on his dresser. All of them had the batteries removed, but the toys would suddenly begin to operate on their own. The display would flash, almost like some unseen hand was pushing on the display (similar to what you see if you press your hand/fingers on an LCD screen) and the toys in question would "chirp" this horrible electronic sound. One of the handheld toys actually played it's correct intro music, as the numbers in the "score" area changed rapidly. I had stood up at this point, trying to see if I could turn the toys "off", but it was no use. All the batteries were removed, and pushing the power button did nothing to stop these things from doing anything. "R" said this happened often, and was nothing to worry about.

At this time, I was getting very, very scared. I heard walking outside of the room, and the distinctive creak of a door opening and/or closing. I saw from under the door that the hallway light had turned on, so of course, I investigate. When I walked out into the hall, I saw nothing, but what looked like someone sitting at the dining room table in the dark dining room at the end of this hall. I flipped the light switch on, and saw who was sitting in the dining room.. it was... "R"s grandmother.. whew.. She seemed... out of it. She said she couldn't sleep, because "someone" was messing about. This someone, was apparently Fred. The grandmother stated that she has SEEN Fred, numerous times, but he was mainly harmless, although mischievous. She calmed me down a bit, but something in her face made me believe she was in fact worried about something.

Now, at this point, I decided to use the bathroom, and go back to bed, I was going to try my hardest to take every one's advice to just ignore the sounds, as I was told "Fred" couldn't really do anything "harmful". Well, as I was standing in the bathroom peeing, the bathroom door flew wide open, as if someone had kicked the door open from in the room with me. I ran out of the bathroom, expecting "R" to be standing in the hallway, laughing at the prank he had pulled on me, but no one was there. The grandmother wasn't in the dining room now, either. I was freaked. I ran back into "R"s room, and pulled my blanket completely around me. This is when I noticed it was FREEZING in "R's" room. This took place in late august, right before school had started. Most of the houses windows were open, but it was still 70f-80f outside.

"R" sat up in his bed, and looked over at me, calmly stating the "Fred was here" in the room with us. The next thing that happened is still a little fuzzy in my mind, as I was freaking out a bit. I remember the bedroom door flying open, and then the distinct sound of glass shattering, The bedroom window was shattered. It looked like someone punched the window with their fist, or threw a baseball into it, only from the inside of the room. I distinctly remember a feeling of oppression, almost like claustrophobia. I grabbed my blanket, and flew out of that house as fast as I could. I ran across the street to my home, and started pounding on my locked front door.

Eventually, my father came to the door, wondering what the hell I was doing out there. I tried to relay the story, but my father dismissed it all on an over-active imagination of a 12 year old. That was also the last time I ever slept over "R's" house. Soon after this, I moved away and lost contact with "R" over the years. Eventually, we both ran into each other as adults. We both spoke about this night, and he had an incredible "story" as to why this "spirit" haunted his family. He seems to believe it was the "psychic" energy created by himself, and his sister, that manifested itself into a "spirit".

He thought that it was the result of a very harsh childhood. He later told me that his mother's 18yr old boyfriend was a very, very, very evil abuser. Ho told me that the "spirit" got more aggressive, and they were forced to move from their apartment. He said the spirit "followed" them wherever he and his sister were. The spirit only manifested itself when him and his sister were both present in a house, and seemed to happen more often when there were "family conflicts". He said things started to get better after they moved yet again, and his mother escaped her abusive boyfriend. Everything completely stopped when he went off to College, and was separated from his sister for the first time.

That was the one and only time I ever had a "run-in" with a "spirit". I've since read other numerous theories that Poltergeist are "manifested" by prepubescent youths (usually female) that are in "abusive" households. I have come to believe, that in certain individuals, negative energy in a home or family can manifest itself into what we call "Poltergeist". I believe that those who cause it, do so unconsciously, and it is a simple reaction to all of the bad stuff that is happening in the child's life. They are swimming in "negative" energy, and they have the ability to feed off of this energy, to focus it into a "poltergeist" where this energy takes a life of its own, often taking cues from the victim's subconscious.

I believe the mind is an incredibly powerful thing, and there are functions of the mind that we have no scientific knowledge of. Reality starts in the mind's eye, it's how we perceive existence. Who's to say, that in certain situations, our minds can't have a physical effect on reality? There are other details I have left out, that I believe, helped point out that the cause of this spirit was "R" and his sister, but this post has already gotten much larger then I anticipated.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Syyth007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bosito

Thanks for your input, it sounds pretty much inline with what ive read, but it still does'nt answer my question.

What specific qualifications has an exorcist got?

Or to put it another way, whats to stop me claiming im a exorcist?

edit on 5/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

Wow what a cool, yet somehow tragic story. I too, believe the mind is far more powerful than we currently know and ive also looked at cases where they believe poltergeist activity is created by the person at the heart of the activity. There was a very famous case here in the UK in the 70's i believe it was, but the details escape me. I thought this was just a scientific cop out, to deny the presence of spirits, but theres definate correlations in certain cases.

If only we knew how to tap in to this power. We could probably do a lot of good with it. So from what you've said. Do you believe that possesions could be the result of the person creating this kind of energy and channeling it through themselves? Sounds like a good theory and it would better fit what ive seen and read about possesions so far.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

There is no qualification for an exorcist,

Theres no Exam you have to pass before you are allowed to try.

Imagine stepping into a cage with a violent dog. You better have the knowledge, authority and power to over come it and establish who is the Alpha. Now imagine stepping into someones home and attempting to interact with an entity of demonic nature, do you have the knowledge, the authority and the 'power' to overcome the will of a multidimensional sentient being?

There are those who attempt exorcisms with no real effect, Sort of like yelling at a skunk who's ripping up your lawn at night...he just ignores you, irritate him though and you might just get sprayed - So when you step into the river, are you sure you have the knowledge, the wisdom, the Will and the Quintessence that is essential to the task?

There are entities that dont like visible light, does that mean if you turn on the lights and make them leave, are you an exorcist? Probably not.

Are you a person who can enter a strangers home, with a complete knowledge of human histories and have memorized the aspects all major and minor faiths, having an acute knowledge of psychological diagnosis and the confidence that no matter what awaits them inside the home whether it be a leeching entity, a mentally ill human being, a demon of the ancient or mordern world or lucifer himself, they will deal with it.

The brilliance of humanity is a rich food source to various entities and if I were to ever call someone a true exorcist he would exude that brilliance to his core like a raging bonfire, by knowing his foes he cannot be deceived and nothing can compare to his authority. This is 'our' world after all, an exorcist knows how to read the riot act and enforce it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

Dont forget to consider that it is not him and his sister. It can be the accumulation of THOUSANDS of like-relationships that have chosen to manifest through them into their home. Energy once created cannot be destroyed, like attracts like and in the shamanic universe these lost pieces will wander, callude and spill over into the same situation that created them.

Freddy could easily have been a man made creation that was the energy of thousands of human beings.

This is why a good thought or action can transform the world. This is why negative one can destroy the world. Everything we do, EVERYTHING is snowballing on a global scale through the interactions of people with eachother.

The sooner we heal our own wounds, the avalanch lessens, and if we can remind others that everything is okay regardless of circumstance, the avalanch will lessen more...continue this on a global scale and you will find Utopia. But lets be honest, there are circumstances that are not okay, there are some people that will never transmute their negative energies and retract their claws.

This is an entirely separate catagory of demon, the man made creation, in my experience - the most common.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Ah, right.

So your saying a vast knowlege of what you could face, as a form of preperation for any possible entity that you may face.

I guess that makes sense. The fact that someone would go to such lengths to help a person tells me that their must definatley be something, other than the person in question, there present to be removed. So i have no choice but to accept the possabilty that possesions actually take place and most likely are'nt the result of the person involved thinking or even creating these events.

What can i say?

Its been an education, thanks for your replys. This actualy go's to reinforce my beliefs in the after life, and i wont be so quick to mess about with things like this.

Is their any ways to avoid demonic entitys entering your space, apart from just not calling on any spirits? Id like to continue my research and attempts to get proof, but only if its safe.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Is their any ways to avoid demonic entitys entering your space, apart from just not calling on any spirits? Id like to continue my research and attempts to get proof, but only if its safe.

Practice personal development and heal you wounds, a demon or spirit needs a way in through a conscious or unconscious call. You cannot pour new water into a glass that is already full, it just wont enter. In my experience a demon or spirit can only enter someone who has emptied themselves, the degree to which they are empty could very well be the degree to which the possession is noticeable.

Do not be surprised if much of humanity is somewhat possessed, we are crawling with unseen forces trying to worm their way in.

So my best advice, what works for me, be glass that is full, happy, and whole.

For example, if a man is a powerful spiritual practitioner but he still hates his father for leaving him, chances are its going to destroy him in the arena. He has a big hole in his circle that says "Stab. Right. Here"

Human beings were not created defenceless, but we must remember to create the energies inside of us that are perpetually expansive, these are the virtues.

Its important to remember that spirits and entities are everywhere, all the time but we cannot perceive them. I have spoken with a few men who say that this is because your 'spiritual power' or frequency is in a different range. All possibilites exist, all frequencies stretching infinitly upwards and downwards - everything you see in this world is within the visible frequency of our being.

When we talk about a true demon man made or otherwise we are dealing with a sentient being, something that has the knowledge of manifesting onto the physical plane in varying potencies. I have always been warned by my teachers - "Are you sure you want this? Once it starts, there is no going back, if you can see them, they can see you" -

So when they know you are out to get them the gloves are coming off so to speak, and theres no referee when you're dealing with a being who is interacting primarily with your energy body. So feel free to research, but dont be surprised if by meddling in the affairs of dragons that you start experiencing the other side in ways most would care not to.

I would implore that you find a teacher and engage in apprenticeship if you truly seek interactions of this nature.

Edit: A side note in regards to the "Hole in your circle" I have experienced beings that can use your wounds to squeeze you, and life force will flow out freely. I want you to imagine the majority of them as small insects or monkeys pawing at something to eat, but rarely you may encounter a large beast who will grab hold and squeeze nearly all of your Quintessence out of your physical body, consume it and enter.

This is what I believe to be a full possession.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thanks, i probably do have a few holes that need plugged so to speak. Im already working on this through meditaion and contemplation practices. So i can get to the route causes of what makes me suffer and overcome them, things of that nature. So im going to put off any attempts to make contact or get proof untill i progress a bit more. I like to think i already have a healthy respect for these energys or entity's, but as you say. Theres no guarentee that they'll have respect for me.

Sound advice.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bosito, thankyou for the thread. I would like to pick your brain for awhile if you don't mind....not in contrary way. On the contrary, I have studied possession for a couple of years now not only because I have an interest in the subject, but I believe that God may be calling me to do something in this area....not sure what yet. My studies have been limited to a few malachi martin books and some audio recordings of him, and whatever else I can find. Please tell me more about the pre-CHRIST entities and why are they not subject to HIM. I would assume that all the fallen angels are pre-Christ's time here on earth.
Also, are you a Catholic/priest

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

All beings must answer to source. It is likely in my views that what an exorcist is doing is connecting the possessive entity directly to god. This can be done through all faiths and even ceremonies of your own creation.

But it is the authentic knowing of the faith in what it is you are doing that must create the bridge.

So I often wonder, why don't all rites work, perhaps because the demon does not understand it. Christian Demons understand Christian exorcisms, Muslin en Muslim, Tibetan en Tibetan, Ancient en Ancient.

Making them remember the infinite abundance of source is what I believe an exorcist is doing.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

To someone who actually knows a lot about demon possession, you would not be able to fool them at all by pretending, no matter if you were the best actor on the planet...

They would know to do certain things that would expose the hoax quite quickly actually
nice try though...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Read the rest of the thread, all this has been dealt with

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yeah, Iv'e been reading, a lot to read through

A lot of really awesome posts....

Ill toss in one of my experiences that took me years to recover from... seeing those things...

Do not be surprised if much of humanity is somewhat possessed, we are crawling with unseen forces trying to worm their way in.

That one gave me chills , because there was a time that I could see those things, it lasted for 1 hour in a movie theater... call it a waking dream of sorts, but right there in this theater I could see hundreds of sparkly amber-liquid glass looking humanoids and the one that was directing them looked very big, 3 times the size of the human looking ones, and he looked like a frog faced cartoonish villian thing... It waved it's arms and hands like a symphony director would, and I knew that it was trying to induce emotions into the actual real people watching the movie... It paid no attention to me, but some of the other ones did and they were waving and cursing and trying to get me to react so I would cause a scene in the theater
Both my 2 sons were there but they could not see or hear any of this and so I never did a thing to show that something was happening.. This is one of the very few times I have told this story...

Sometimes the twilight zone can right up and become your best friend for a time period..... You just never know!

Maybe I was the unknowing recipient of CIA meds, I'm not sure.. It was the real twilight zone..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
yeah, Iv'e been reading, a lot to read through

A lot of really awesome posts....

Ill toss in one of my experiences that took me years to recover from... seeing those things...

That one gave me chills , because there was a time that I could see those things, it lasted for 1 hour in a movie theater... call it a waking dream of sorts, but right there in this theater I could see hundreds of sparkly amber-liquid glass looking humanoids and the one that was directing them looked very big, 3 times the size of the human looking ones, and he looked like a frog faced cartoonish villian thing... It waved it's arms and hands like a symphony director would, and I knew that it was trying to induce emotions into the actual real people watching the movie... It paid no attention to me, but some of the other ones did and they were waving and cursing and trying to get me to react so I would cause a scene in the theater
Both my 2 sons were there but they could not see or hear any of this and so I never did a thing to show that something was happening.. This is one of the very few times I have told this story...

Sometimes the twilight zone can right up and become your best friend for a time period..... You just never know!

Maybe I was the unknowing recipient of CIA meds, I'm not sure.. It was the real twilight zone..

What movie was it that u were watching with your sons?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in "demons". Demons have a purely Christian connotation. I do believe that what are called demons are actually very, very, very old entities that were never human. I choose to call them Ancient Ones. The are malevolent entities, and humans are simply ants to them.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutella

Where to start - I'll use the words of Phage "No...Just... No"

All possibilities exist, ancient ones, christianic, muslin, jewish, ect ect.

Every group has named the old ones differently, or created their own, or attracted new ones to them.

Its not cut and dried as "The old ones' but many will say that they are the most dangerous.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Very true. It's interesting that you call them the "Old Ones". That's another name I use for them. They are definitely nasty, by any name.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutella

Very true. It's interesting that you call them the "Old Ones". That's another name I use for them. They are definitely nasty, by any name.

Where there is darkness, there is also light. The nastier a monster can be, the more radiant its opposite.

If we create demons as a collective human race, then I would venture that other beings could do the same, older and more powerful beings of a more primal nature could be the origins of the Dragon mythos and Chaos beings, as well as the personifications of Angels and light beings which leave us in awe.

Imagine another reality, which is the receiver for all of our emotional and mental energy, which forms together into sentient beings of an entirely different nature. Would we be their gods? Would we be their source?

Are we responsible for the horrible creatures they face as well as their most wonderful protectors?

So with this frame of thinking, who is creating this world, and all beings in and around it.

Infinite universe, think about it for a moment. The truth of such could drive you mad

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I've thought of such things, believe me.

Considering "Angels", I've always wondered why people think they are so "nice". If we're talking of Angels from the Christian bible, Angels are definitely not "nice". They're warriors, killers with wings dipped in blood. An affinity for man, yes, but killers nonetheless.

So, yeah. Maybe humans create their own reality, a reality that isn't reality at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join