It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Was A Rigged Election - Harry Reid Is A Cheating Scumbag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

I got news for ya. It was the big corporations and unions here in Nevada that kept Reid in office this time around.

Angle, for all intents and purposes, did not represent my beliefs in whole. Nevada is a VERY libertarian state, and Angle came off as just another right wing zealot. I don't think she approached the race with the intent of being inclusive of all people in the state.

Nevada is a very Republican state. No one wants to pay any taxes. The attitude I see is let the visitors pay for everything. That is why we have a huge state deficit - not as many visitors.

I recall seeing Las Vegas with three neighborhoods in the top 10 most dangerous neighborhoods in the US. This is no surprise.

Reid won by 5 points by getting the population center votes, Washoe and Clark counties. Nevada results

Washoe county is Angle's home. This is a good indication of why she lost.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Feltrick

Polls are not meaningless.

You make a really great case here. Let me highlight what really sells it for me.

They are the only check we have against vote fraud by electronic tampering.

Proof they cannot and are not tampered with, rigged, or manipulated is -

---

Moving on then.

They are almost never off by more than 5%.

Those sources RARELY stray outside of 5% accuracy, most are within 3.
that is almost unheard of.

edit on 3-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

That seems pretty conclusive so you sold me. So, now that you believe there was fraud and you got me convinced there was fraud. Let's stop whining about it on the internet and get something done about it. What do you say? I honestly think harping about it on ATS instead of taking action almost amounts to downright treason, I mean if you are right in what you think. I for one would much rather read a thread that discusses how you have exposed this fraud. You got my help. Where do we start?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Of course you would think this.

Nothing you posted is proof...all speculation...come back with proof.

Kind of like Exactly like your "Whitehouse Insider" thread, which, incidentally, I happened to like.

Proof is what follows speculation. Speculation prompts the seeking of evidence, not the other way around. But, considering your desire to delve further and author the previously mentioned thread, you already know that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The Help America Vote can now be renamed the "Help Harry Reid get Reelected Act" (or HuRRa).
Strings are being pulled. I agree the polls could not have possibly been that far off.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Nevada has been a scene of treachery for a long time! As a former resident of the silver state, I can assure you that questionable actions has occurred. For example, during the general election, the ACORN chapter in Las Vegas was found guilty of election fraud. This chapter shut down for a brief time under the premise of " management changes". The SEIU, was also found performing questionable actions.
But many of you argue otherwise, then why did Harry Reid in FACT solicit to hand out free food in favor of a vote?

source: www.lasvegassun.com...

It was news all over the local listings that shown him personally handing out food. But here's the kicker!

According to Nevada Law: Nevada law (NRS 293.700) provides that, “A person who bribes, offers to bribe, or use and other corrupt means, directly or indirectly, to influence any elector in giving his or her vote or to deter the elector from giving it is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.”

Any more questions?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

As a Nevada resident I am gonna disagree with you. A freshman senator is not what this state needs or wants, they would be ignored and our state would get nothing. Reid has fought the Yucca Mtn Project for 20 years and got Obama to cancel it outright. He has a lot of friends here. All the money that angle got was pouring in from out of state because they want a new leader in the senate... sure the economy is down... because this economy is based on tourism and gambling -- something that will obviously be hurting in depressed times. I am not saying Reid is above reproach but he was the best choice for Nevada in terms of national representation... Angle would have been a nobody and would have been ignored by the other senators. She also went with a series of tv ads that literally portrayed latinos as a raging mob... this really ticked off the latino community and they came out in droves to vote for Reid. The voter turnout was higher than expected which played into his favor. No one in Las Vegas is surprised that he won.

Again, Yucca Mtn was huge. I doubt you even know about it... but that has been one of the biggest fears of Nevada residents for the past 20 years and Reid/Obama got it canceled. So we have our reasons for keeping him around. But thanks for your concern.

edit on 4-11-2010 by abradley123 because: typo and added a paragraph

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Some false information being thrown around here:

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
For example, during the general election, the ACORN chapter in Las Vegas was found guilty of election fraud.

An ACORN field director pled guilty to "conspiracy to commit the crime of compensation for registration of voters" and is serving probation, two others have yet to be convicted, the organization itself hasn't been convicted either.
Source....is legally disputed by ATS?

But many of you argue otherwise, then why did Harry Reid in FACT solicit to hand out free food in favor of a vote?

It was news all over the local listings that shown him personally handing out food.

Did you bother to read the first line of that blog entry?

So says Cleta Mitchell, the same woman who tried to get Scott Ashjian, the Tea Party of Nevada candidate out of the race, in an astonishing fundraising letter:

Or are we to believe everything that fundraising letters tell us?

The Las Vegas Sun is kind enough, and fair enough, to offer a letter from the Nevada secretary of state calling the fundraising letter "conjecture and rumor."

Letter: media.lasvegassun.com...

But here's the kicker!

According to Nevada Law: Nevada law (NRS 293.700) provides that, “A person who bribes, offers to bribe, or use and other corrupt means, directly or indirectly, to influence any elector in giving his or her vote or to deter the elector from giving it is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.”

Any more questions?

This is addressed in Secretary Miller's letter, I won't bother repeating it.
edit on 4-11-2010 by links234 because: Legal dispute?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
deleted by WTFover
edit on 4-11-2010 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by zenjewel
I would like to know how harry got reelected but we got a Republican Governor. If that many people were into Reid, then why didn't his son with the state?

That's exactly right.

We are expected to believe that a huge number of voters voted for a republican Governor while at the same time voting for a democratic Senator.

This is not typical behavior.

Not necessarily true.

Here in Tennessee we have had Republican Senators, yet the past two terms were held by a Democratic Governor. Of course all of that changed this week with the election of Haslam (R) as Governor. But the Democratic candidate was not a very strong one (McWherter, never held a public office). Even my sister would not vote for him and she typically votes Democrat.

~~A personal note, Haslam's family owns Pilot Travel Centers. Talk about big business meets politics! Something that is very disturbing to me.

As for the Reid re-election, I would not be surprised if it was rigged by the unions.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Because Rory Reid is a virtual nobody with not enough experience. His biggest claim to fame is that he is a son of Senator Reid. Sandoval was a pretty strong opponent. Again, I am telling you Senator Reid won a lot of support over the yrs by fighting Yucca Mtn. I know you out-of-staters don't think its a big deal...I know its not a news story outside Nevada I never heard of it till I moved here back in 02 ... but trust me the residents here are very grateful Yucca Mtn was canceled and Reid gets the credit for that (not his son). Angle was ridiculous. Reid's commercial basically showed her talking about scrapping medicare and social security and her commercials addressed illegal immigration in such a tasteless way it offended all the Latino voters.

Again, no one around here is questioning the results that I know of. The comments at the review journal are typical and everyone complaining is out of towners who are telling us we are idiots for re-electing him (overlooking just how important seniority is, especially for a state like ours with very low population so we don't have much in the way of congressmen.)

To me there is nothing at all about the election results. Angle was a joke. The polling was obviously flawed and they didn't expect the high latino turnout/backlash.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but if one is going to argue that the voting was rigged, they should also be arguing that it is possible that the pre vote polls were rigged too.

Yes, the pre vote polls are "usually" "almost always" "almost never have a deficit that bad" but all those words do not indicate inconclusive results.

Let's be honest, there is no proof. If there is proof, then lets get it out.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the vote to be rigged, I'd rather deal with hanging chads then a machine. Hell, I think we should have to physically write the name of the candidate. But implying that the pre vote polls can't be wrong is just as ignorant as saying the votes could not have been rigged.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thank god reid won. what politican refuses to answer questions. She did b/c she didnt want to admit she was calling for civil war based on democratically elected officials and decisions. She can go to hell.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Nevada has been a scene of treachery for a long time! As a former resident of the silver state, I can assure you that questionable actions has occurred. For example, during the general election, the ACORN chapter in Las Vegas was found guilty of election fraud. This chapter shut down for a brief time under the premise of " management changes". The SEIU, was also found performing questionable actions.

It was news all over the local listings that shown him personally handing out food. But here's the kicker!

Any more questions?

You said it: Reid is a real piece of work.

He's so crooked that when he dies they'll have to screw him into the ground.

While I am positive there were shanigans and fraud to his benefit, I think if he'd faced any other opponent he would have gone down in flames.

I don't think Reid won so much as Angle and the republicans blew it. The republicans didn't support her as much as they could have, and Angle strayed too far to the right on social issues and some crazy crap - she scared off the disaffected moderates who were looking to vote against Reid.
edit on 4-11-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Nevada voters are just gluttons for punishment.

They deserve Harry Reid and their rotten economy.

Democrats just love being miserable too much, and won't be happy until everyone is equally miserable.

Pure stupid hate - I can see. And 5 Stars.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Harry Reid is a Scumbag. In other news water is wet, fire burns.

Seriously not surprised here. While Ms. Angle is definitely bat-quano crazy, Harry Reid is a special kind of crazy that defies all logic. Here he is trying to convince us that we want to pay taxes, because good little fascists help the government fight the good fight. Never mind that we were volunteered to pay:

/TOA
edit on 4-11-2010 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

She refers to Reid's machine... and yes it is true, he has quite a powerful machine because he has been senator a long time and has had time to get that engine running at maximum efficiency. He has a lot of volunteers and a lot of friends he has made over the years. Angle was not the right opponent for the republicans to win. I am not even sure she is a republican -- everything she said sounded very libertarian to me but by saying social security and medicare should be scrapped she scared a lot of people then she pissed off the latinos with her commercials and I could swear she even said something demeaning to Asians just a couple of weeks before the election... she went up against a pro who knows how to win and she was beaten. I don't think it was a conspiracy. They tried to pin the bad economy on Reid and it worked to a degree but the Yucca Mountain thing buys him some credibility that he is looking out for Nevada.

I am not sure what more to say on this... I think he handed out food at his events but those were rallies in which his followers were invited to attend I think... that kind of thing happens all the time -- it wasn't a blatant bribe in exhcange for a vote. as for the gift cards, that article says it was members of a teachers union who did that.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I thought he was pretty slick in handling a loaded question. Of course he is a bullsh*t artist, he is a seasoned pro in the game of politics... but he handled that well. Angle would have talked about abolishing taxes and abolishing all the programs that people have come to rely on and she would have floundered to explain how that would be executed.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I think you need to re-read the OP thread. The topic at hand is Harry Reid's questionable win over Angle, not some fundraiser letter you wish to promote? I've seen you many times before, and you tend to troll quite often. Stay on topic, view your points.

Reid won the election, yes. But there were many residents who personally witnessed their voting machines after picking Angle, kept highlighting Reid.

Fact of the matter is, there were shenanigans to say the least.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by abradley123

Please reference the following law= According to Nevada Law: Nevada law (NRS 293.700) provides that, “A person who bribes, offers to bribe, or use and other corrupt means, directly or indirectly, to influence any elector in giving his or her vote or to deter the elector from giving it is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.”

Notice the second line, " directly or indirectly influence ", being the key point. Influence defined: in·flu·ence (nfl-ns)
n.
1. A power affecting a person, thing, or course of events, especially one that operates without any direct or apparent effort: relaxed under the influence of the music; the influence of television on modern life.
2. Power to sway or affect based on prestige, wealth, ability, or position: used her parent's influence to get the job.
a. A person who exerts influence: My parents considered my friend to be a bad influence on me.
b. An effect or change produced by influence.
a. A determining factor believed by some to affect individual tendencies and characteristics understood to be caused by the positions of the stars and planets at the time of one's birth.
b. Factors believed to be caused by the changing positions of the stars and planets in relation to their positions at the time of one's birth.
tr.v. in·flu·enced, in·flu·enc·ing, in·flu·enc·es
1. To produce an effect on by imperceptible or intangible means; sway.
2. To affect the nature, development, or condition of; modify. See Synonyms at affect1.
Idiom:

source: www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is Harry Reid a giant piece of crap? yes

Were the voting irregularities the week before the election? yes

Does the union who publicly supported Reid hold the contract to service the voting machines? Yes (SEIU)

Was Reid one of the most unpopular politicians in the country? Yes

Is Reids son Rory a county commissioner in Clark County? Yes

Was Reid down in every poll only a few days before the election? Yes

Did Reid steal this election? Yes

Should Harry Reid be checked for age related dementia? HELL YES.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join