It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
edited

[edit on 27-7-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
THe answer is simple. I said the same thing before in a different thread.

Aliens never promised you anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
edit

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
UFO does not = aliens.

Unless they actually saw aliens in person and are absolutely positive that they are not a yet unidentified earthly species they are assuming there are aliens. That craft could have been an earlthy top secret military vehicle.

Dont get me wrong - I'm not saying there are no aliens, I'm just saying seeing a vehicle that you can't identify is not the same as seeing an alien.

As far as faith - we've discussed this over and over in many threads and I think the majority of us will agree that FAITH and RELIGION are not the same thing. Faith is based on personal obseravtion, intuition, an innate human desire to explain everything. Religion is what you get from men and old books, it is all based on hearsay - and as you point out, not even first hand. So religion is the equivalent of assuming there are aliens because some told you they saw a vehicle they couldn't identify.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He's saying God promised humanity things as said in the Bible. Aliens just supposedly came, abducted etc... There is no proof of the existence of aliens but looking back into history there are ways to proove that Jesus is real, and if Jesus is real God is real because Jesus is God's son.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I see you're new to ATS. The question you posted is covered in this thread Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens? www.abovetopsecret.com... Members are asked to do a search before starting a new thread on an existing subject. Typically the mods will lock the second thread.
CS

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
He's saying God promised humanity things as said in the Bible. Aliens just supposedly came, abducted etc... There is no proof of the existence of aliens but looking back into history there are ways to proove that Jesus is real, and if Jesus is real God is real because Jesus is God's son.

cough cough........**she**....cough cough

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
THe answer is simple. I said the same thing before in a different thread.

Aliens never promised you anything.

Other than what you've been told by other humans or what you've read in books (hearsay) - what has God personally promised you?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That everything is going to be alright and I dont have to worry.
God personally told me that on several occasions. God also told me that my son and daughter will be beautiful. Personally.

My remark "aliens never promised you anything" was a generalization of most people familiar with Christianity. God is so much harder for alot of people to believe in because God supposedly promised them all of these wonderful things, justice,peace, hope, all as long as they followed his rules. Well they followed his rules and God gives them nothing. THeir children die. People are cruel. They do NOT get what the deserve, instead they are punished for others wrongs. People turn against them, and God never blinks an eye when they pray by their bed every night.
Seems like aliens are alot easier to believe in, because they never promised you anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
edited

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well put. I couldn't agree more. But I still am not sure about God speaking directly to us. Part of me says, he speaks to our hearts. Part of me says, he speaks through nature and does not speak directly to us individually. But I do believe that he has made his laws very clear, they are the laws of nature, science and math. The only things that everyone can see, they never change and they are not subject to interpretation.

Can I ask you a question? Do you think God intervenes in earthly matters or did he just set the ball rolling and take a step back?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
IX- God does care about individuals. Unfortunately, individiuals care too much about being in a group to be seen as individuals (sorry, that was my rude remark towards religion).

badkitty- I think God lets us control our planet, but sometimes pushes us in the right direction. I dont believe in fate, but I made a realization that whether or not fate rules the earth, it wont make a difference. becaise in the end, the event itself is whats going to change the course of the future, not whether or not it was acted out of free will. I know for a fact that god speaks to me directly. I mean, we dont literally go to Starbucks and chit chat over creme frappucinos, but I can feel when Im speaking with him. I believe that god hangs out on the moon, so usually i turn to it and we have conversations at night. I dont pray, in the Christian sense of bowing down to God, in fear, and knowing that we are worthless compared to her. I do believe that God is supreme to me, but if he takes the time to respond, I know shes got respect for me and loves me as her child. Its a matter of how well we listen.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

badkitty- I think God lets us control our planet, but sometimes pushes us in the right direction. I dont believe in fate, but I made a realization that whether or not fate rules the earth, it wont make a difference. becaise in the end, the event itself is whats going to change the course of the future, not whether or not it was acted out of free will. I know for a fact that god speaks to me directly. I mean, we dont literally go to Starbucks and chit chat over creme frappucinos, but I can feel when Im speaking with him. I believe that god hangs out on the moon, so usually i turn to it and we have conversations at night. I dont pray, in the Christian sense of bowing down to God, in fear, and knowing that we are worthless compared to her. I do believe that God is supreme to me, but if he takes the time to respond, I know shes got respect for me and loves me as her child. Its a matter of how well we listen.

Some good advise here - maybe I don't listen well enough. I'm always too busy trying to figure things out for myself. And I guess I he/she/it does listen to us and does speak to us then it is not beyond comprehension to imagine he gives us advise on occasion and in a sense - helps us along the way.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It was no adivce, just opinion.

The best adivce I could give is to sit outside for a couple of nights with a bottle of water or maybe a beer and just start talking to God. Ask him anything you want to know. And just keep talking.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It was no adivce, just opinion.

That makes this the best kind of advise - it was just freely shared views. To me that carries much more weight than a sermon.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hahahahha. I have to agree! Well Ive blabbed enough. Ill ask a question now. Where all have you been with religion/faith?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
what you fail to see is that Earth is not our home. Our rightful home is in Heaven, but if we misbehave then our home becomes hell. What is longer 80 years on Earth or ETERNITY in Heaven/Hell? Of course God cares, if he didn't, then why would he give us Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins? God loves all of us, and eternity is infinite times longer then 80 years. This is just a pitstop, then we move onto our rightful place.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Why are we duplicating efforts here?
There is another fine thread on this topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

This thread should be locked

[edit on 29-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Agreed there is duplication of effort and resources here
I'll lock this thread but please continue to discuss on

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

top topics

join