It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC just called the house of reps for republicans by 37 seat margin, 13-seat margin of error..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
this will be a bloodbath for democrats, I'm afraid..not surprising. with a 13 seat margin of error, it's poosible they could go as high as 50..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was flipping through channels and saw that they're projecting 237 seats to the GOP, 198 for the Dems. Note that its just a projection at this point.

In my opinion, its excellent news. If the GOP can indeed win the House, especially by a significant margin, it would give them the ability to counterbalance Obama and the Senate Democrats and effectively stop any further offensive legislation that they might attempt to pass. Beginning in late January, if anything gets done, it'll have to be on a bipartisan basis.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Whoa, wait a minute.

Who's "Abeam"?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Sure. Nothing will happen as usual.

But I suppose that ATS has become Redstate-lite.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I am not excited about either party winning these seats. Where is the third party? It will be business as usual come next year. Republicans will screw the little guys in favor of the bigger guy every time, then taught about how the big guy creates the jobs to allow the little guy to be able to feed himself. Great system we have here...favor the rich, demonize the poor. And if you favor the poor over the rich you are a commie bastard. I just ask one thing of the Republicans stop spending endless dollars on wars and use it to help our own damn country.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The Country Desperately Needs a " Balance Of Power " Right Now , and this good news for all of us .

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just heard Ed Schultz on MSNBC say, "Remember 4 years ago when Nancy Pelosi took impeachment charges against Bush off of the table? Will Boehner do the same?" It sounds like they are terrified that an investigation against Obama will be #1 on Republicans agenda and Schultz knows it. Why would he even bring this up? Schultz was referring to Rand Paul echoing birther comments in the past. Pelosi won't be around now to protect Obama. He is a sitting duck in a lame duck congress.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
I just heard Ed Schultz on MSNBC say, "Remember 4 years ago when Nancy Pelosi took impeachment charges against Bush off of the table? Will Boehner do the same?" It sounds like they are terrified that an investigation against Obama will be #1 on Republicans agenda and Schultz knows it. Why would he even bring this up? Schultz was referring to Rand Paul echoing birther comments in the past. Pelosi won't be around now to protect Obama. He is a sitting duck in a lame duck congress.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

Ed's smart enough to know that impeachment is the republican endgame. that's what's really fueling this whole thing. they want Obama GONE, by any means necessary.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Whoa, wait a minute.

Who's "Abeam"?

I believe "abeam's" other name is "typo".
LOL who knows who they were referring to..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I was flipping through channels and saw that they're projecting 237 seats to the GOP, 198 for the Dems. Note that its just a projection at this point.

In my opinion, its excellent news. If the GOP can indeed win the House, especially by a significant margin, it would give them the ability to counterbalance Obama and the Senate Democrats and effectively stop any further offensive legislation that they might attempt to pass. Beginning in late January, if anything gets done, it'll have to be on a bipartisan basis.
do you think it will save the internet?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Darkness falls across the Land. The midnight hour is close at hand.

The Republican Tea Party conservatives are the source of America's DOOM!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why will anybody be so exited about the recycle trash in Washington? doesn't any body get it yet! is not such thing as anything good for the people or the nation when it comes to the trash in Washington.

Wake up people is the same bs over and over again.

BTW no matter if the Republican win the house that they will they still don't have enough congress to repeal Obamacare as the president still have veto power.

So now the Republicans have majority, SO WHAT

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So what hey.

The corporations will become more powerful.

Grid lock will ensue in the country

No one will help the middle class

Jobs will be outsourced at an accelerated pace

Global warming will be denied and not dealt with

Taxes for the rich will be cut more

Social Security is in jeopardy

The defense budget will be raised

There will be no work on the infrastrucure

There will likely be a war in the Middle East

Wall Street and Corporate power are singing:
“Happy days are here again”

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

obama needs to prosecuted then put in front of a firing squad for his traitorous actions against the American people

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Funny but the same has been going on under Obama and now we get to enjoy rammed up our butts mandatory health care to bailout the health care industry and keep boosting big pharma.

Still under Obama we bailed out the big corporations, still feed the two wars and help the filthy rich keep their wealth.

It makes no differences who win or not, the same BS extend from one president to the other and one congress to the other.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is great news indeed. I can't wait for this new wave of fiscal responsibility to get started.

Within weeks of being sworn in they'll be forwarding legislation to the Senate, or better yet god willing the White House should the GOP take the Senate too, outlining massive cuts in military spending, withdrawals from all wars and conflicts, foreign aid to corrupt governments and subsidized corporations across the globe, sending those job thieving illegals back where they came from, along with reversal of HCR, immediate deregulation of everything, and rolling back all the other treasonous America ruining measures Obama instilled. Basically they're going to ask him to cut up all, not just some, the credit cards he's been running up on our dime. Of course those Democrats and Obama will try to block all that but the new guys will do it out of principle right?

Can't wait for all that to happen.

I, the ordinary citizen, certainly don't expect to get screwed again by a different guy in the same suit.

This time it will be different.

Cynicism fading.

Looks like we won't have to learn Chinese after all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well their first test would be to stop the increase on the debt ceiling... Let's see how that's going go work... It will be the first test of their resolve!! You either vote for it or the federal government basically shutdown... Let's see how far this new wave of "fiscal conservatives" will take it.... I believe it when I see it...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
C'mon. Really ATS? You all know better. It doesn't make the slightest difference who the heck wins what political race. They ALL work for the bad guys in the end.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by haterproof

I, the ordinary citizen, certainly don't expect to get screwed again by a different guy in the same suit.

This time it will be different.

Cynicism fading.

Star for you. Perfect illustration...

Nothing will change, it never does.
edit on 3-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Quick! To the ATS decoder! I think we have a conspiracy on our hands!

(a little humor beats a sour mood)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join