It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic Science & Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
9/11 Science & Conspiracy

Fantastic documentary. Some very good insights into the mind of conspiracy theorists. They hit the nail on the head with the idea that conspiracy theorists have trouble accepting the sincerity of others yet never doubt their own sincerity.

Fallow The Parts UP to 10

edit on 2-11-2010 by HYADEAN2025 because: missed spell

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well since National Geographic is owned by Fox, who is owned by News Corp, who is owned by Rupert Murdoch,
we can only take their examination with a grain of salt, like all others too I might add. Sure the content should be added to the overall plethora of info, but to think they have it right or even mostly right is a reach, imo. They are surely not going to put forth anything other than their approved findings and perspective.

They hit the nail on the head with the idea that conspiracy theorists have trouble accepting the sincerity of others yet never doubt their own sincerity.

The same can be applied to any and all sides, no?
I believe one must set aside any bias and examine all evidence in an objective fashion, like our courts of law do, and in this case there are many questions left.

peace,
spec
edit on 2-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HYADEAN2025

I love the word conspiracy theorist. I like how its used euphemistically to imply that people are crazy (at least that's the connotation it carries) and discourages the uninitiated from associating any credibility with them. Conspiracy theorist is simply a polite way of saying 'intellectually-challenged slack-jawed cretin who resides in their mother's basement wearing a tin-foil hat'. Admittedly that probably relates to me somewhat but there's no need to be drawing any generalisations here. Also, the official story, by definition, is a conspiracy theory, so anyone who espouses the official story would also be conspiracy theorists. We're all conspiracy theorists.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Well since National Geographic is owned by Fox, who is owned by News Corp, who is owned by Rupert Murdoch,
we can only take their examination with a grain of salt, like all others too I might add. Sure the content should be added to the overall plethora of info, but to think they have it right or even mostly right is a reach, imo. They are surely not going to put forth anything other than their approved findings and perspective.

They hit the nail on the head with the idea that conspiracy theorists have trouble accepting the sincerity of others yet never doubt their own sincerity.

The same can be applied to any and all sides, no?
I believe one must set aside any bias and examine all evidence in an objective fashion, like our courts of law do, and in this case there are many questions left.

peace,
spec
edit on 2-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

PURE PROPAGANDA

WTC7 as well as WTC1 & WTC2 were destroyed by controlled demolition & that is just the beginning of the unanswered questions!!

national geographic has shamed their reputation with this junk science propaganda hit piece

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!

Thank u you sir

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thanks OP for letting me me waste 40 min. of my life.

I watched the first 4...and shouldn't have. I find it kind of disgusting when I'm just in the 2nd video and I already have a professor of material engineering from MIT lying to me on camera.
How much did Natl. Geo. pay these guys to say the things that they did?
What a joke! National Geographic should be ashamed of themselves.
S&F.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
All that money and time wasted by NG.
All they had to do is this................

9/11 Experiments: The Mysterious Eutectic Steel

....it would have been less time consuming and far less expensive,but it might not have gotten the results NG was looking for.

NG should stick to animal and travel shows.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Black_Fox because: SpElLiNg

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No offense but what a load of twaddle !
I feel embarrassed for you posting this.
Do you really expect ANYONE to believe this wasted documentary?
I`ve never seen one bit of proof from any OS believers.
Give me something to change my mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
I think this shows that the truthers must have them running scared.All the os people have is to retell the same story over and over,and I believe that they are grasping at straws, they have nothing left to back them up, its like an animal being backed into a corner.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hey, did you see how far wt7 was from the action on that graphic showing the overall layout!.....WT-7 was rather distant....so they had to "pull it" as it had no gold inside which is fraud on a national level.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This documentary comes on from time to time it's all part of NG's continuing efforts to debunk any and all alternative ideas check out a series called "is it real?" to see what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HYADEAN2025
9/11 Science & Conspiracy

Fantastic documentary. Some very good insights into the mind of conspiracy theorists. They hit the nail on the head with the idea that conspiracy theorists have trouble accepting the sincerity of others yet never doubt their own sincerity.

Sincerity is IRRELEVANT. Their demonstrations were a joke.

The fire they created and used to weaken steel was absurd. They never told us how thick the steel was or how much weight they put on it. They then created a FIRE STORM under it. Air could rush in from all sides without restriction and the combustion results could go straight up.

Air flow was blocked on most sides in the WTC fires and could not exhaust straight up so it had to flow sideways out of the tops of the holes in the sides of the building further restricting air flowing in. Much less efficient than that artificial demonstration they created.

That is SINCERITY for you. Judging physics on the basis of sincerity. RIDICULOUS!

psik

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And National Geographic would wish to cover up the murder of thousands of innocent civilians for why exactly ?

top topics

join