It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Would Support A Separate Volcano-Earthquake Forum?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I agree to having one since this will be ongoing news almost daily from here on in

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
No more forums, there are plenty enough already to cover everything under the sun.
Besides, how often does this planet encounter an earthquake and volcanic eruption?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

second line - deny/defy ignorance

hmmm - this isn't something you follow - is it?

IDK - when I am thinking forces of earth - rainbows usually don't come to mind - even if thay are really cool double rainbows man - or 15 legged mutated animals (unless of course it's related to the result of volcanic gasses being slowly released from a new found volcanic area that had not been monitored and the may be tremor and small increasing volcanic quakes involved. - wait,stop - my eyes are glazing over - ok -Sorry just don't think these things belong in the same area - my thoughts anyway

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I would also support the Volcano-Earthquake Form. I think it is needed with as many threads we get on this subject. Thanks OP for suggesting this. Flagged.
edit on 11/3/2010 by dowser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
No more forums, there are plenty enough already to cover everything under the sun.
Besides, how often does this planet encounter an earthquake and volcanic eruption?

You cannot be serious!!!

This planet encounters as many as 70 active volcanoes in any one year and well over 1 million earthquakes and several hundreds of those are serious enough to be noteworthy.

Edit: Actually when you think about it having earthquakes and volcanoes in a 'fragile' earth forum is wrong as they are the most powerful forces on the planet and far from 'fragile'. I think of 'fragile earth' as being about ecosystem balance etc, not about the supreme forces of Gaia.
edit on 4/11/2010 by PuterMan because: I wanted to add a pondering

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think this is a great idea.You have my full support!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I support the idea and agree with PM that Fragile Earth should have such things as ecosystems, flora and fauna - both in all its natural beauty and the ones being threatened by anthropogenic interference.
Earthquakes and volcanic activity is way bigger than than any many other forums and even some combined. Earth processes are complex and constantanly in a state of flux so to speak. It is one of the few subjects on ATS which affect every thing on the planet (yes there are a few others....I said a few so don't rip me about it), of which we have absolutely no control over.

As technical advances continue to be made, measuring instruments will become more sensitive and knowledge will increase. The people who contribute tirelessly to these threads keep us informed and educated. Very rarely do you see any nit picking or bickering. Why? Because it is not a topic based on opinion. Because sensationalism is not supported. Because those who regularly contribute keep it real.
Those of us who are interested in the topic yet have little knowledge or understanding of interpreting information about these earth processes are very fortunate to have these wonderful people to guide us.

Anyway.... why have a forum on US political madness for example? Why not world political madness? Why does the US government get their own forum?
Bottom line, there are too many forums based on heresay and opinion. It needs to be more balanced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join