How Many Would Support A Separate Volcano-Earthquake Forum?

page: 1
33
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The reason I ask is because I feel it is needed. For one thing, I believe certain people at ATS have specialized in this, and have become quite adept in discussing these topics. I think the Fragile Earth forum is too general, covering way too many broad topics.

The other reason is I believe then the right people could be appointed subject matter experts, such as PuterMan, At current, he gets nowhere near the credit he really deserves for his contributions. And the current SME are not capable of discussing Earthquakes and Volcanoes to the technical depth that PuterMan and others can at this point.

ATS is evolving, and this has become a big enough subset interest that it is time to consider giving the people who have become very knowledgeable in this a place of their own, with the correct people leading it. And yeah, I'd also volunteer, as I feel I have gained the necessary knowledge as well to help lead this forum and give credit where it is due impartially.

That may sound self-serving- but it isn't. I don't really care about the leader part. I want a separate forum for this- it is time!




posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
The reason I ask is because I feel it is needed. For one thing, I believe certain people at ATS have specialized in this, and have become quite adept in discussing these topics. I think the Fragile Earth forum is too general, covering way too many broad topics.

The other reason is I believe then the right people could be appointed subject matter experts, such as PuterMan, At current, he gets nowhere near the credit he really deserves for his contributions. And the current SME are not capable of discussing Earthquakes and Volcanoes to the technical depth that PuterMan and others can at this point.

ATS is evolving, and this has become a big enough subset interest that it is time to consider giving the people who have become very knowledgeable in this a place of their own, with the correct people leading it. And yeah, I'd also volunteer, as I feel I have gained the necessary knowledge as well to help lead this forum and give credit where it is due impartially.

That may sound self-serving- but it isn't. I don't really care about the leader part. I want a separate forum for this- it is time!


i agree that it is needed as of 6 months ago



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


I am in agreement with you TrueAmerican! There are many, many Threads here in the Fragile Earth and to go through them all to try and locate the ones pertaining to Earthquakes and Volcanoes is difficult to sort through for most. I am thinking also included should be Solar Flares as we are still trying to determine if they play a part in earthquake and volcanic activity. Polar Shift might fit well too as this must in my eyes distrube the earth's core - slosh the magma around - hence volcanic activity and quakes
Hey - maybe that should be a conversation on a new thread
edit on 2-11-2010 by Anmarie96 because: Polar shift ....



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


I think that would be a brilliant idea ... surprised it hasn't already been done to be honest.

Woody



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes I am in agreement with you OP.

Star and flag for your idea.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would support this.
Quite a while back I suggested a "weather watch" forum, but it didn't get much attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96
 


Oh cool, glad to see you all in support!

The reason I think it would be good to group both earthquakes and volcanoes into a forum, is that the two are linked. Volcanoes have earthquakes, and sometimes earthquakes can trigger volcanoes. This may have been the case in the recent Merapi eruption.

There is already the Space Exploration forum, which I believe could be used for those kinds of things, Anmarie!

Thanks for the support and replies folks! Maybe some more people will get on board.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Agreed. Great idea.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Maybe this will alleviate the speculative, sensationalist and repetitive threads that you guys have to keep coming in to, to give the real info on?



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop

Maybe this will alleviate the speculative, sensationalist and repetitive threads that you guys have to keep coming in to, to give the real info on?




umm no, probably not.
But it will give people a targeted, specific place to look and post for these things.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes Yes! I agree! waves hands around wildly.... Yes!

Please?



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not me, but I would support the creation of a separate forum for "Conspiracies in Law & Enforcement"

Not only would I support it, I would use it.

ATS will simply tell me to use an existing forum, but there really needs to be a forum exclusive to these issues in particular.... Not only that, but I guarantee you it would be a HUGE smash internet sensation ALONE.

But, it will never happen, I wonder why?




posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade
 


lol, so you would not support a V&EQ forum, but you give no reason at all? NONE?

WHAT?

It sounds to me like you are just trying to peddle your own idea for another forum, but jeez, not in this thread please. Sheesh. :shk: Just when I was starting to like you too. Bah.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea, it would be great to incorperate a beginners thread too, a how to kind of thing with links to monitoring stations, how to interperate what you are actually seeing, the difference between volcanic activity and earthquake, the list could go on really. A novice can easily get lost in some of the huge threads that exist. I would spend more time checking it out if I understood what I was looking at better.

Definitely a good idea. Even if you will have to put up with the crazy's.

S&F
edit on 2-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Fractured.Facade
 


lol, so you would not support a V&EQ forum, but you give no reason at all? NONE?


No I was being silly, I am all for better organization of topics... So yes you have my support. and a flag.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhh......what a wonderful suggestion!!!

I would be in FULL support of this. I get so tired of sorting through everything. (yes, I am internet lazy)



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade
 




OMFG.

Aight, I am pushing the reset button I see there you have on your head. *click*



Thanks for the support.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I think it is a great idea, it would be great to incorperate a beginners thread too, a how to kind of thing with links to monitoring stations, how to interperate what you are actually seeing, the difference between volcanic activity and earthquake, the list could go on really. A novice can easily get lost in some of the huge threads that exist. I would spend more time checking it out if I understood what I was looking at better.

Definitely a good idea. Even if you will have to put up with the crazy's.

S&F
edit on 2-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)


Yes, those are great suggestions, and have already been thinking of things just like that to incorporate into such a forum. But to be honest, I don't expect this to happen at all. ATS management is usually pretty resistant to adding new forums. And until there is some kind of feedback from admin, I don't really want to spend too much time thinking about it.

Really just posting the thread to see what kind of support we might have for this from the membership. So far, not too shabby.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I support this idea in a big way.

I think there's room enough to seperate out into sub forums a LOT of the things that fly around here.. But this particular topic always seems to flare up a huge amount of threads.



posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not been around much (I'm busy) but would definately support this, personally this is the sole reason I visit this forum - for Vulcanism and earthquakes!





new topics

top topics



 
33
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join