It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy - The Real Threat??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is Democracy another false flag - a political system which actually leads to Oligarchy?

This video makes a strong argument for this point of view. What do you think?

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps this is why the rally cry is Democracy For All!?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

America is not a democracy.... Oh sorry, should have watched first lmao.
edit on Tue, 02 Nov 2010 08:38:19 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I tend to agree with them. Another thought: Humans tend to think they are always at the end of evolution so to speak. There will be no new systems after this is the most frequent thought. I tend to think Democracy will probably not survive in it's current form. It requires an educated, intelligent populace. We don't have that.

Democracy is also just mob rule.
edit on 2-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR again

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

wcitizen,

The video lays out the truth of the matter no doubt. As a Christian I've seen this for years.

There sure has been a great falling way. Will it ever come back? I find not in this present world.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Any system devolves to oligarchy sooner or later.

With two identical parties and the phenomenon of "political dynasty" I'd say we've been at oligarchy level for generations now.

The only way to keep one from developing is to have regular revolutions and we passed the tree watering point over 100 years ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree, that's why I posted this earlier yet have no replies lol -
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It looks like someone is pushing "Democracy" in Hollywood.
Lots of stars have joined on : Matt Damon, Marissa Tomei, Bruce Springsteen and more.
Anything but the Republic, eh?

www.thepeoplespeak.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

I tend to be more optimistic. People are gradually realising things aren't right, and to some extent they are learning why.

Democracy has had a long run in the West. I've watched in horror as people in other countries have been invaded and taken over in the name of 'Democracy'. It has struck me it is not unlike the religious crusades of old. But what we see in these countries, in the name of democracy, is death, bloodshed, destruction of culture, of decent values, and the imposition of predatory capitalism.

I'm not saying that democracy in essence necessarily = predatory capitalism, but it seems from what we can observe, in our own country and in those we have subjected to 'democracy', is that democracy is dangerous.

History has many instances of the people rising up against tyrants and, perhaps I'm over optimistic, but often a lack of information has prevented the people from routing out the core of the problem, the real cause. Hence, a different form of the same thing replaced the system they rejected. Perhaps now, with the electronic media, if people stand up against this current tyranny, enough information is available and obtainable to actually get to the cause of this insanity and change it, and not allow them to simply put into place another version of the same thing.

Getting rid of the Federal Reserve would seriously hit the heart of the problem, for starters!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I wonder how many people properly understand the distinction between a democracy and a republic. I mean, the names of the two parties blur the distinction nicely - perhaps one more clever deliberate disinfo tactic?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Any system devolves to oligarchy sooner or later.

With two identical parties and the phenomenon of "political dynasty" I'd say we've been at oligarchy level for generations now.

The only way to keep one from developing is to have regular revolutions and we passed the tree watering point over 100 years ago.

I agree - about the oligarchy. At the moment I'm wondering whether Democracy isn't, in itself, a form of oligarchy from the outset. Ongoing reflecton!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I tend to agree with them. Another thought: Humans tend to think they are always at the end of evolution so to speak. There will be no new systems after this is the most frequent thought. I tend to think Democracy will probably not survive in it's current form. It requires an educated, intelligent populace. We don't have that.

Democracy is also just mob rule.
edit on 2-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR again

Yes, and it seems to me we really need a radically new system - NOT the NWO they want to impose on us, lol, but something which really works for the people, 99.9% of whom are already living in peace with each other, and have done for centuries.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I wonder how many people properly understand the distinction between a democracy and a republic. I mean, the names of the two parties blur the distinction nicely - perhaps one more clever deliberate disinfo tactic?

Sorry to take so long getting back on this. I believe it is intentional disinfo - what else can it be when the schools and media keep implying that America is a "democracy". But why would they want people to think that?

My belief is that they want Americans to think that if a majority of the populace agree on something then that is how it should be, and if it's not then they can simply vote and change it.

As you know there are some things about Republics that are not up for voting on. That's the heart of it IMO. It's all about perception, so when they make massive changes in government most people will feel that is just "Democracy" at work.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There is a saying I learned.... it goes like this..

Killing for peace is like screwing for chastity....

Sums up democracy well dont you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
There is a saying I learned.... it goes like this..

Killing for peace is like screwing for chastity....

Sums up democracy well dont you think?

Lol, yes, and after centuries of wars - we still have no peace, in fact less than ever before. So, clearly, their system is a big fail.

The more I think about it, the more I see this sacred 'democracy' that they peddle is just one more huge scam.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by wcitizen

Sorry to take so long getting back on this. I believe it is intentional disinfo - what else can it be when the schools and media keep implying that America is a "democracy". But why would they want people to think that?

My belief is that they want Americans to think that if a majority of the populace agree on something then that is how it should be, and if it's not then they can simply vote and change it.

As you know there are some things about Republics that are not up for voting on. That's the heart of it IMO. It's all about perception, so when they make massive changes in government most people will feel that is just "Democracy" at work.

Yes, and in fact the whole voting thing is a sham anyway. But what I find really interesting is that democracy so easily becomes an oligarchy - and that's what we have now. Not even a democracy. The fact that these things are not taught in schools is no coincidence.

Education is the path to awareness and freedom - and they have infiltrated education and are using it as one more means of dumbing down and tricking the people. Information is power. We need to make sure our kids get the important info outside of the schools, colleges etc.

new topics

top topics

join