It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your Moment of the Day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
My moment of the day came in the form of sharing a heartwarming moment with my dad.

We were watching a TV show in which the mother gets a birthday present from her son in the form of a "Free Hug" Certificate.

My dad and I were both watching this show and immediately busted out laughing because I get my mom something similar for her birthday. I get her a certificate for a "free shoulder massage" from me.

It made my day and it was a great bonding moment.

-SES

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well, mine is not quite the same. What used to make may day, until I had to work away from home, was waking up early in the morning and looking at my sleeping wife. Her angelic face would give me the courage to face another day at work. Having worked away from home for 2 years now, I am counting the days until I can once again make it a daily occurance.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Spent the day with my 4 year old daughter. Went to IHOP, then to the American Museum of Natural History, the to the park. Great day relaxing now!
All the doom and gloom stuff doesn't get me down, it motivates me. As I heard in a movie recently, "there is no good or bad news, just news." Future events traumatic as they might be, may make heroes of us all, maybe martyrs, maybe villains. Fate is always up to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a lovely idea for a thread
it gives me the oppertunity to share with you all..
Today I made my 3month old grandson chuckle, his very first chuckle at that!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My moment of the day was freestyling for ATSers on skype.

Freestyling is a great way to express yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I had a nice day.

I love my home. It always feels so good to be here. It's my sanctuary in life. So, I spent the day at home, reading, napping, watching a good movie or two.... I didn't have to work today.

And I made french omelettes for my family this morning.

And I packed a picnic lunch for my daughter who left to travel this weekend.

And I made cookies for my husband to take to his hunting camp.

I did things for other people today... and then I did some things for myself...

Good balance.

Thanks for starting this thread! It's really wonderful.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

My son called me up on Halloween at around 11:00 am. I could hear my grand daughter softly crying in the background, "Please take me to grandma, she can fix me up real good for trick or treating, I don't want to be a angel".

I asked her what she wanted to be and she said, "a vampire, but not a silly or gross one". I said, Like Bella on Twilight?" and she sniffled, "Yes, Grandma, please help me, you're so good with make up, can you make me pretty?".

Well, I had 60 minutes notice and thank god Target had a dress on the front rake, in her size that was black and sort of a little dark, but cute looking (she looks good wearing anything you put on her).

Next we put a little dark bungundy lipstick, a little eyeliner (not too much, just on the bottom eye lid), my black mascara, a little bit of gray eyeshadow (only on the eyelids, not under the eyes) and last a soft brushing of mircle minerals, pearly white to give her a soft pale (but not goulish) glow.

Topped it off with glittery black and sparkly silver nylons, glittery black flat dress shoes and skull earrings.

And this was my ahhhha moment...........her saying, "Thank you Grandma, you always know what is in my heart".

Fall blessings to all.

edit on 5-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Being a grandmother is heaven.................pure heaven.

There is nothing like grandchildren.

That first chuckle, you will treasure the rest of your days!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Being home and doing things for others is a most wonderful way to spend the day.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

So true, I absolutely adore my grandchildren and even though they are only 18months and 3months the 3 of us have some very deep and meaningful conversations

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Putting my shoes on this morning and discovering that my 8 year old twins filled them with shaving cream.

That moment will be topped when they find out tonight that I short-sheeted their beds.
edit on 5-11-2010 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Sounds like a fun family.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Believe it or not, that day may be one of the sweetest memories your child has. Little things like that mean so much. Sounds like it was a fun filled and magical day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join