It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Revealed: New evidence in UFO mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here is a take on this by John Burroughs one of the personell who witnessed these events , this is from the rendleham forrest web site he also has is own blog.I tend to listen and pay attention to people who where there that night rather than a BBC biased debunking show.The bellow external text is written by Burrows to Ian Ridpath, the chief lighthouse prognathous and debunker of any possible ET origins for these events.A visit to his site and blog are recommended to hear from the people who where actually there on those nights.

Ian Here is the sad truth about you and the BBC! Jim and I have asked you several times to go on a show with us! The last show in question you were asked and declined! We have asked you to meet in the forrest on the 28th and again you declined! Stateting your own country men would turn it into a circus! While the BBC does a hit and run with you and put it's out with out even contacting one of us! You also love to hide behind your web site and print things that are not truthful! Your just a sad little man and if I was not mistaken I would have to say you can't take the fact you have spent your entire life looking and have never seen anything like we have! The fact you would even say Col Halt was fooled by a star when he said it was now over head beaming down a light at there feet sums up what your all about! The fact you won't meet us in the Forrest on the 28th but will hide behind your computer is just sad! Jim and i will have plenty to say on the 28th for anyone who would like to show up! John Burroughs Posts: 643 Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:16 pm

source link; www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

here is the face book link below for the face book web site for the Facebook group: Justice for 81st Security Police;Lets here from the guys that were there on those nights for they do not deserve to be IGNORED or EXCLUDED from ANY debate and especially not one from the BBC who have been known not to be trusted.

rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have always thought the flashing red light was a clue.
How could it not be? It is too much of a coincidence.

A secret military test perhaps, without the knowledge of the participants.
The whole thing set up to measure the effect of some new technology.

Or even a lorry load of burning stuff with hallucinogenic properties!
Is a more reasonable assertion than UFO’s.

And I dare say there will be nothing new on this program.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

This isn't from BBC television. It's a regional BBC "morning" Radio program in Suffolk, that has planned a special night program for the 30th Anniversary of the infamous Rendlesham Forrest event. I believe this will become extremely problematic for these armchair naysayers for a couple of reasons:

- If they invite witnesses in for the program on December 17th and make them look like fools?" They could potentially loose audiences and ratings. The back fire will come from the witnesses' pool of family and friends who know better about their loved ones.

- If they do not stay true to the existing paradigm of "UFO 'believers' are nuts." They could potentially loose ratings, from the audience that have no interest or expectations for their world view to change.

Either way, this event will be studied and talked about for years. I say that because I know Sociologists that would kill for an opportunity to study a situation like this for their PhD thesis. I know I'm going to be watching and chronicling what information I can find in this thread.

I just hope that the membership here will help by not allowing dozens of threads to be started about this. The board is way too cluttered as it is. Just a request, and not meant as a complaint.

- SunshineLaws
edit on 2-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: because sometimes a " is important for the typographical spread of ideas. :heh

edit on 2-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well i for one vote this thread is pinned as a sticky..

Never was good with romantic words, so the next few lines come really hard...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, I don't like the line: "We are going to put the conspiracy theories to bed for good".

So it's gonna be a lighthouse, and all of those men on duty were on acid I suppose? Can't wait to hear the explanation for this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Farmer's tractor the slightly angled cab was the UFO..... we shall see.... I suspect this could well be what the *new evidence* is.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Video from Rendlesham added to BBC site, and interview with Brenda Butler:
BBC Suffolk: Rendlesham video

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For me the most telling part that the TPTB knew what went on there
was when "top brass" walked on to the base and took away some
radar tapes and maybe other stuff related to the sighting.

without going over all the evidence again this did happen rite?
also the feelings halt and party got when close to the landed
triangular craft,like slow motion time slip type stuff.

it's without doubt one of the best documented cases from the
UK as well as being controversial.

As fire moon said if they mention that bloody burning truck
OR the lighthouse as plausible i will pull me hair out.
WHAT WE NEED IS A TIME MACHINE TO GO BACK!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Bumping this thread as a reminder that this program is scheduled to air on December 17th. I won't be able to listen to it live, but they should have it available on-line after it airs for anyone interested.

BBC Link

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Here is a take on this by John Burroughs one of the personell who witnessed these events , this is from the rendleham forrest web site he also has is own blog.I tend to listen and pay attention to people who where there that night rather than a BBC biased debunking show.The bellow external text is written by Burrows to Ian Ridpath, the chief lighthouse prognathous and debunker of any possible ET origins for these events.A visit to his site and blog are recommended to hear from the people who where actually there on those nights.

Ian Here is the sad truth about you and the BBC! Jim and I have asked you several times to go on a show with us! The last show in question you were asked and declined! We have asked you to meet in the forrest on the 28th and again you declined! Stateting your own country men would turn it into a circus! While the BBC does a hit and run with you and put it's out with out even contacting one of us! You also love to hide behind your web site and print things that are not truthful! Your just a sad little man and if I was not mistaken I would have to say you can't take the fact you have spent your entire life looking and have never seen anything like we have! The fact you would even say Col Halt was fooled by a star when he said it was now over head beaming down a light at there feet sums up what your all about! The fact you won't meet us in the Forrest on the 28th but will hide behind your computer is just sad! Jim and i will have plenty to say on the 28th for anyone who would like to show up! John Burroughs Posts: 643 Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:16 pm

source link; www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

here is the face book link below for the face book web site for the Facebook group: Justice for 81st Security Police;Lets here from the guys that were there on those nights for they do not deserve to be IGNORED or EXCLUDED from ANY debate and especially not one from the BBC who have been known not to be trusted.

Well said ,indeed lets here from the people who where actually there that night and you are correct that these type of witnesses should never be exclude from any debate on what happened on those nights Surprise surprise,Ian Ridpath the out spoken sceptic of this incident and advocate of the lighthouse explanation has DECLINED a invitation to speak at this conference, looking to see what his reason is for not attending. If there was a chance for him to get down and have a face to face with John Burroughs & Jim Penniston,,(ex military personnel who witnessed these events), then this was it.This conference is possibly going to be recorded and hopefully put on line. Looking forward to the question and answer formate part of this meeting..

The Rendlesham Forest Incident December 1980 30th Anniversary Conference; John Burroughs & Jim Penniston Talk for the first time in Suffolk at the Woodbridge Community Hall Tuesday December 28 at 6pm Also attending is Linda Moulton Howe Nick Pope (MoD ret) Peter Robbins US based Investigative Writer In December 1980 strange lights were seen by US Air Force personnel posted to the twin bases of RAF Bentwaters & Woodbridge. To this day they have never been explained. On the 30th anniversary, December 28 2010 two key eye-witnesses are back in Suffolk to re-count their stories. Airman 1st Class John Burroughs and SSgt Jim Penniston were 81st Security Police Officers patrolling the East Gate at RAF Woodbridge when they observed what they initially thought was an aircraft coming down in the forest.

The rest is history. All five are in Suffolk on Tuesday December 28 2010 at: Woodbridge Community Hall. Station Road Woodbridge Suffolk IP12 4AU 6pm Start. The guest speakers are looking for any civilian witnesses to the incident to show up that night. The talk starts at 6pm. Tickets are £6.00 each. For ticket sales please PM or email me direct [email protected] and I will inform you of the address to which you can send payment. Questions call 07811 021230 or 01473 210726 sorry I cannot take orders over the phone. We have a maximum of 350 seats. At the request of the guest speakers, all profits will go to the Ipswich Treehouse Children’s Hospice Appeal. No one is making any money out of this. link source and information; rendlesham-incident.co.uk... link for John Burroughs face group page; rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

links;

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: links.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I just think its pointless. No matter what this person puts forward, its just going to be a theory. There is no way that a normal person can investigate this case and come up with something concrete. I am betting this radio show tonight will just bring another theory to the table, thats all

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm betting they do try and put forward the whole flaming truck idea, or the lighthouse...

I looked into the case a lot a while back. Here's what I found if you hadn't read it before:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm betting they do try and put forward the whole flaming truck idea, or the lighthouse...

I looked into the case a lot a while back. Here's what I found if you hadn't read it before:

Superb thread on Rendlesham Gazrok.Its people like you who are prepared to go deeper down the rabbit hole of UFO investigations and highlight all possible information from known cases fro both sides of the coin that are deserving of the real credit, not the blinkered , keep to the status quo lie agendas such as these journalists.Great read and anyone with half a brain can clearly see that the lighthouse explanation is an insult to the intelligences of the people who where actually there that night and where probably used to any kind of lighthouse lights.If they were not then the safety of not only the UK but Europe and the western world were in the hands of fools.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Rendlesham revealed: UFO investigator Brenda Butler
By Richard Haugh
BBC Suffolk

UFO investigator Brenda Butler says we will never know the full details of what happened in Rendlesham Forest 30 years ago.

In December 1980 there were reports of unidentified flying objects over the forest near Woodbridge, Suffolk.

Orford Ness Lighthouse, a crashed satellite and a hoax are amongst the explanations still being debated.

"There was something in the forest," said Ms Butler. "I think it came from another dimension."

BBC Suffolk is marking the 30th anniversary of the sightings, culminating in a special two-hour broadcast live from Bentwaters Cold War Museum on Friday, 17 December, 7-9pm. Mark Murphy is presenting the show.

Ms Butler, from Leiston, has been at the forefront of discussions about what happened in Rendlesham and spoke to Mark at an anniversary event in November 2010.

Source with video at the link.

Sounds like it's going to be an all day event to mark the 30th anniversary. I hope they don't treat it like a total joke. We shall see, the broad cast is this evening.
edit on 17-12-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
how do you listen to it live?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Thanks for the compliment, glad you enjoyed the thread. Initially, I too wondered about the lighthouse explanation...seemed rational, until really delving into the folks involved, and it wasn't like they were unfamiliar with the area. In addition, it certainly doesn't explain a lot of the incidents they witnessed, especially the craft on the ground.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Listening to this now.
BBC Radio Suffolk (Live link)
All interesting stuff, but I feel that Mark Murphy is holding back on something he may have gleaned from the case that could debunk it. At one point when listening to a description of a 'craft' that was seen in the forest he said 'interesting stuff, but could have been an Apollo capsule couldn't it?', with a noticeable hint of condescension.
I can see where this is going...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So...

A dropped (by helicopter) dummy Apollo recovery capsule, dressed up as a UFO by base airmen as a prank. Basically that's the theory Mark presented...

A few holes, Nick Pope says 'still unexplained'.
edit on 17-12-2010 by DrBunsen because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrBunsen

Originally posted by MarrsAttax

I wonder if he's going to say it was an Apollo module suspended from a helicopter?

Looks like I was right

Why was this touted as a new? The theory has been around for a while

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws

Rendlesham Revealed: New evidence in UFO mystery
By Mark Murphy
BBC Suffolk Breakfast Show presenter

Now after 30 years, I'm hoping to reveal what happened in Rendlesham Forest and have joined up with the East Anglian Daily Times to finally uncover the events of December 1980.

On the evening of Friday, 17 December I'll be presenting a special programme on BBC Radio Suffolk from the Bentwaters Cold War Museum.

I'll be revealing new evidence that I believe will finally reveal the truth and put the conspiracy theories to bed for good.

Just in time for Christmas! Should be an interesting show to say the least. I didn't see any links for a pod cast. Will anyone here be able to get a recording uploaded? Or at least listen and tell us what they have to say?

Edited to add: Looks like the BBC Suffolk hasn't told the East Anglian Daily Times he has new evidence. Should be a fun train wreck to watch.

Help us solve the Rendlesham UFO mystery
By Staff Reporter Monday, 1 November, 2010

AFTER 30 years, the Rendlesham forest “UFO’’ incident remains one of Suffolk’s most famous unsolved mysteries – but now the East Anglian Daily Times and BBC Radio Suffolk want to find out what really happened. Our two organisations are joining forces in an investigation we are calling “Rendlesham Revealed’’, and we are aiming to unlock the enduring mystery in time for the 30th anniversary in December.

edit on 1-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

Announced on my thread back on November 2nd here:

I am near the end of two month edit and all shows will be available for download soon. Few days left to process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join