It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
2012 show is on history channel now. Where they investigate the sacred mayan island that said was a KEY in the 2012. They showed how there will be an eclipses on 2012 and the next one will be 4000 years later. Interesting stuff.

But sorry for the bubble popper but no evidence of world ending. These guys know there stuff. You should watch it.

Show is called apocalypse island on the history channel www.history.com...-what-will-happen

I like the quote, "Could the world be brought to an end on december 21, 2012, or the more important question is how can we prevent it?"

Good stuff, makes you think.
edit on 2/11/2010 by Sauron because: All Caps in title

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just saw it but it didn't answer anything. And the spire they climbed on the island looked like a natural rock formation to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Yeah I saw this a while ago. Interesting stuff.. I just wish they stayed an investigated longer..maybe next time.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A lot of nonsense in that show.

An eroded volcanic pinacle. Pretty typical of volanic terrain.
0.tqn.com...

The transit of Venus will be visible all over the world. But actually might not be visible at the location of the "monument".
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The eclipse will not be total (only about 90%, and that makes a big difference) on Robinson Crusoe Island, where the "monument" is.
Lat.: 26.3189° S
Long.: 79.9255° W
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I wonder why they made such a big deal about how difficult the island is to get to. Should have taken a plane.

Getting there is part of the adventure. It is a 2 1/2 hour flight on comfortable but small twin-engine planes from a local airport in Santiago. After landing, board the local taxi-boat for 1 1/2 hour scenic transfer to the only inhabited town, San Juan Bautista. Flights are not daily and are subject to weather conditions.

www.ladatco.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
2012 show is on history channel now. Where they investigate the sacred mayan island that said was a KEY in the 2012. They showed how there will be an eclipses on 2012 and the next one will be 4000 years later. Interesting stuff.

But sorry for the bubble popper but no evidence of world ending. These guys know there stuff. You should watch it.

Show is called apocalypse island on the history channel www.history.com...-what-will-happen

I like the quote, "Could the world be brought to an end on december 21, 2012, or the more important question is how can we prevent it?"

Good stuff, makes you think.

Maybe it's just me, but of all the 2012 shows that have been on History channel as of late - I found this one to be the least interesting.

Seems to me that it was nothing more than 1:45 minutes worth of drivel from stoned hippies with little to no pay off at the end.

Speaking of History Channel - anybody else find it odd that 90% of their programming has to do with Aliens/UFO's, 2012, Nostradamous or other irrelevant fodder like 'Pawn Stars', 'Ice Road Truckers' or 'Swamp People". Not sure what any of the latter has to do with history, but I'm wondering if there is a subliminal message with all the conspiracy programs...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was a pretty interesting piece. I enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

the problem i have with these so called 'documentaries' and it does not matter which subject they 'investigate', is that they never actually answer any questions or solve any 'mysteries'. i always come away feeling like i know nothing more than when i first started watching.

they claim to have 'investigated it' and tell you to watch it to 'find out', then they spend the whole program asking the viewer questions, and then end it with more questions.

"are aliens real?" "have they visited our planet in the past?" find out as we investigate. (at the end of the program)
who knows what they truth is, "are the government hiding information"? "or is there really nothing to tell?" "are we alone in the universe?" "or is there really something 'out there'? (me shouting at the TV: "i don't bloody know! you tell me! thats why i am watching!") join us next time as we 'investigate' the mayan and the 2012 prophecies.

top topics

join