It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA just Tweeted this. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just signed up to the NASA tweet and got this: Nasa - 2012:Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

Remember the Y2K scare? It came and went without much of a whimper because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation. Impressive movie special effects aside, Dec. 21, 2012, won't be the end of the world as we know. It will, however, be another winter solstice.

NASA seems to be going out of their way to say nothing will happen in 2012. I wonder if they see too much information out there and need to assure the sheeple?

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.

Too bad they can't tell us the truth. Even a statement on the current vulcanism would be something.

CU

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

The FAQ Q&A you linked from NASA is from a year ago. I imagine it was related to the promo hype associated with the 2012 movie released three months later.

As far as what they say in their responses, they seem rather reasonable to me. Even if one believes that some significant event is to occur on that date, they would hardly expect NASA to confirm it by saying "yup, we're doomed ... stop all funding asap!"

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I found out why. Someone named Cosmowatch was tweeting NASA with this: Planet X Nibiru Nasa 2012 Doomsday Info Leaked

Looks like someone at NASA took it serious

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Dear CUin2013?

Perhapes I come to ATS way to much, ok I know I do.

However there is the film about 2012 and there are many internet sites predicting he end of days etc, in 2012 and it is only 2010.

What I am saying here is with all this hype it just might turn out to be a self fulfilling prophesy.

Ok you can’t self fulfill an asteroid strike or a volcanic melt down, however you can self fulfill an economic melt down.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is very true. My thoughts: If no natural catastrophe happens by 2012, TPTB will create one.

New World Order.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?
I just signed up to the NASA tweet and got this: Nasa - 2012:Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

Remember the Y2K scare? It came and went without much of a whimper because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation. Impressive movie special effects aside, Dec. 21, 2012, won't be the end of the world as we know. It will, however, be another winter solstice.

NASA seems to be going out of their way to say nothing will happen in 2012. I wonder if they see too much information out there and need to assure the sheeple?

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.

Too bad they can't tell us the truth. Even a statement on the current vulcanism would be something.

CU

I think they see not enough valid information out there and need to inform sheeple that nothing will happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

CU

Some people make their own noise when they cannot stand the silence, as long as it satiates them from reality.

Never mind, they will tell you the truth when you stop listening and start hearing.

edit on 31/10/2010 by badw0lf because: urg, impeccible typoes are I am!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

The FAQ Q&A you linked from NASA is from a year ago. I imagine it was related to the promo hype associated with the 2012 movie released three months later.

As far as what they say in their responses, they seem rather reasonable to me. Even if one believes that some significant event is to occur on that date, they would hardly expect NASA to confirm it by saying "yup, we're doomed ... stop all funding asap!"

Why not?

If NASA had information that the world was going to end in 2 years time don't you think they would all be on holiday in the Bahamas or sleeping with their secretaries by now?
What are they going to use the funding for if everyone is dead, who would bother to write a web page denying the end of the world if the truly knew the end of the world was coming?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

What are they going to use the funding for if everyone is dead ...

You're not familiar with bureaucratic US government budgetary culture are you dave?

Death is no obstacle to them.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thousands of misguided people go out of their way to promote their nonsensical speculations that something will happen in 2012. Can't the people who disagree voice their opinions occasionally as well?

You're interpreting the statement that nothing will happen in 2012 as evidence that something will happen in 2012. Think about that. You're in a closed minded position. You hear what you want. If they say nothing will happen you think that means they're hiding something and something definitely will happen. If they said something will happen, you would believe they were telling the truth and something will happen. There is obviously nothing that they could say that you would take to be an indication that nothing will happen. You're not being objective.

The scientists believe that the evidence points towards the truth. They have no evidence that points towards what you believe. Too bad you can't evaluate the evidence with an open mind. All those youtube videos made by people without expertise in the relevant fields have gone to your head. Doomsday predictions have a rich history of failure. Science has a rich history of success. Remember that when you pick your side. The "sheeple" scientists are out there making progress. What has the doomsday club ever done or said that would make anyone take them/you seriously?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Nasa can't give us a color picture of the moon and I am supposed to trust that they can predict nothing will happen in 2012? Predicting that the prediction is wrong. Yes nothing will happen in 2012 like the movies show, but that does not mean that nothing will happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Nasa can't give us a color picture of the moon and I am supposed to trust that they can predict nothing will happen in 2012? Predicting that the prediction is wrong. Yes nothing will happen in 2012 like the movies show, but that does not mean that nothing will happen.

Never mind colour pictures of the moon. They can give us Hi-Def pictures of the surface of mars but the pictures of the moon look like they were taken with a first generation web cam. Why the heck can't they give us a Hi Res picture of the surface of the moon.......maybe there is something there they do not want us to see.

new topics

top topics

join