It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: US will help end sexual slavery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

hosted.ap.org

Pledging to do more to help end the scourge of sexual slavery, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton visited a rescue and rehabilitation center for child prostitutes in northern Cambodia on Sunday.
The Siem Reap center received a $336,0000(sic) grant from the State Department last year to fund its operating costs and Clinton said she would make sure money continued to flow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't know why this story is setting off my spidey-sense...

This is just about the mother of all hot button issues - the exploitation of innocents. And to see it being pushed during an election bothers me greatly. We all go through life pretty much aware that these horrible things happen, but rarely does the MSM do such blatantly titles stories as this about them.

Shock and awe tactics?

It is right that Hillary is out of the US right now. As our nations leading diplomat she is precluded from politicking during an election. But I think that this story kind of demonstrates that she is, indeed, trying to make an impact on elections.

In my estimation this is a disgusting attempt to poltically cash in on a disgusting criminal travesty.

And to have the words "Clinton-sex-America-slavery" all lumped into one pool might prove to be more than a bit short sighted.

~Heff

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thailand's sex industry is nothing new. It is disturbing and hurtful to mankind to be aware that young children would be peddled away, sold for sex which benefits only the masters.

However, the root of this evil is not sex itself, but poverty. Thailand and many 3rd world economies may boast of staggering wealth, but such wealth comes from the exploitation of the poor and hoarded by the corrupted and corruptive few.

As long as there is poverty, money will induce those humans to loose their morality and even dignity, for no parent would not love their child or child love their parent. For them to part with each other in this sacrifice, there has to be some cause, and that is poverty.

It will be poverty mankind needs to tackle as well as the fair ( not necessarily) equal distribution of wealth.

Suffer not the little children....

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Just trying to get the floating (conservative) voter. Empty promises from just another empty politician who will be forgotten. What a sham.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I bet with Hillary jetting around the world to end sexual slavery, ol' Bill is doing his part to end sexual slavery right here in America.... one intern at a time. And yes...I meant this just as you are taking it.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

hosted.ap.org

The Siem Reap center received a $336,0000(sic) grant from the State Department last year to fund its operating costs and Clinton said she would make sure money continued to flow.

Really?

The company I work for got a $3,000,000 grant to expand and employ more people this year... And we're only talking a few more people added to an already small company.

From a government that spends BILLIONS wastefully daily... Money they don't have! $336,000 (clever use of the extra zero) is a pathetically small amount of funding. I'm not sure that would even pay for the fuel in Hillary's jet for a trip from Washington to Little Rock.

I suppose in politics its the thought that counts?

Typical, where there is a problem that can be capitalized upon (politically) throw some money at it and maybe the mindless masses will believe you are a hero!

Yeah that is it, with dollars alone we can solve all of the world's problems.

Chump Change!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hillary Clinton is on a Top Secret Mission over seas right now . it Involves the Introduction of Genetically Engineered Foods produced by Major Corporations to Third World Nations, the most prominate being Monsanto . Who she is really working for is just conjecture right now , but her position as Obama's Secretary of State is the Perfect Cover for spreading the Word of her Corporate Bosses .

gmfoodwatch.tribe.net...
edit on 31-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ive said it before, im saying it again..HIllary clinton is a frigged cold hearted witch* she's upt o no good. yeah i feel bad for the kids around the world and all..but why not attack as well, sweatshop laobor too? how about the homeless and needing kids here at home in the USA? what are they, forgotten memorys? this article makes me feel n think, at leat in hillarys case, the children and homeless for starters, here at home, are ideas simplys scraped off thier shoes as they turn a corner*

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In my estimation this is a disgusting attempt to poltically cash in on a disgusting criminal travesty.

I understand your point, but what's the alternative? Give 'em nothing?

US tourism is worth $100 million per annum to Cambodia and a core of those tourists will be part of the problem. A lot of visitors are only there for the sex trade and of those how many are going for the kids? I'm not singling the US out, just referring to it in the context of the article.

I guess a bigger question is how much is being done to stop known offenders from travelling there?

Maybe letting them travel and letting the Cambodian 'justice' system deal with them by warning them first!? Sounds like a plan

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hilary Clinton had never been a corporatist. Since her younger days getting into the fray with a sense of mission to end racial discrimination and her efforts to elevate humanity till today, she is one of us - humans.

The only inhumans are those who continually hoard their wealth, and had corrupted politicians and even heads of state to allow them legally to hoard such ill begotten cruel gains on the exploitation of the masses.

USA had been the capital of foreign investments with the highest number of super rich humans and dirty old men. Look at who to blame for sexual slavery, amongst many other form of slavery that had been imposed upon mankind, and the politicians of the past eight years that had allowed such exploitation unhindered and unchecked..

The democrats can only do so much in the face of highly influential rich powerful corporatists, even influencing the rich and powerful of other nations to keep the less priviledged humans down and out. There is much left to be done to avert such tragedies around the world.

$336,000 is only enough for one centre. There are so much more needed for wealth to be redistributed, to create opportunities for others so that poverty may be eradicated. Charity is useless. Education and employment with sustainable wages is the only solution. May those capable and empathic humans, regardless of whatever party affliations, help in any way they can, including through the free will of vote.

edit on 31-10-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.... all I can say is.... DO IT!!!

second line

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sex slavery exists all over the world, in Thailand, US, even Canada. It has little to do with nations as it does peoples aggressive sexual desires. You can't fully solve it through funding and police, it is about human conditioning at developmental levels. With all the weird impressionable crap in the world, the only way to solve this issue is really up to the individual.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LOL wow, so that money should cover the administration fees to get the program running, how will this publicity stunt actually help anyone

lame attempt at fake do-goodery, maybe if some of our alphabet agencies stopped doing the bidding of the elite interests or maybe the UN, isn't that what they are here for ....ah forget it, feel like i'm preaching to the chore

new topics

top topics

join