It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grunting whilst falling asleep-advice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey ATS, i need some advice, recently whilst drifting off to sleep i grunt, its sort of a sound like "uhh", it is starting to become a nightmare as it wakes me up, and then im falling asleep again it happens again, its starting to take a very long time for me to get to sleep without waking myself up, my airways are clear and everything else is fine.

Any advice as to what is causing this? Im asking here because it doesnt seem to warrant as a reason to visit a doctor.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

My advice would be to sleep on a pine cone, when you turn over in bed it will wake you up thus preventing sleep so you won't grunt! Probably feel a bit tired in the morning though...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

try making sure you're well hydrated.

also, a hit or two of the kind won't hurt.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wonder what your parents think, ..... with you grunting all night.

do you sleep on your back ?? try your side or stomach.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Do you snore? Could be an early indication of sleep apnoea. When I put a few extra pounds on that happens to me. You feel fine until you relax enough to sleep then you start to snore enough to wake yourself up. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

This may sound dumb but try the power of suggestion. Every day from the moment you wake up tell yourself "I wont grunt before sleep, its bad because my body needs sleep" and ask your body to work with you so that you can experience a greater state of consciousness- since sleep deprivation, if this is severe, is naturally causing you to lose sleep. My personal cycle of autosuggestion is something like 72 hours in most cases, I don't know what other people experience who have experimented with this power.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I often find myself "growling" as slip towards sleep. It is a bit of a release of my tensions. Perhaps a "purring" sound might be a better description.

I don't know when I started this and I don't do it all of the time, but sometimes it simply feels natural to somewhat verbalise my contentedness as my body relaxes.

I don't feel embarassed and it doesn't "wake me up" so I have never associated with negativity, it is just my natural inclination as I drift off to dream land.

Perhaps you could associate your grunts with satisfaction and relaxation and they would no longer feel as though they impede your restfulness?

top topics

join