It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Politically explosive’ study suggests immigrants taking jobs from Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great thread, great discussion, thanks everyone.
I'm new so I'm not really sure how to do this, but heres a link to a cool site about real economicswww.enterprisecorruption.com/

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not only are they taking jobs away from citizens, there are many factories that now require you to be bilingual and know spanish. Why? Because as one place put it: "Most of our workers speak spanish."
Where I used to work, we had hispanics, asians, africans, etc. Most of them all knew english. No American citizen should have to learn a foreign language to get a simple factory job!

I have been in doctors offices and other places where an important sign was posted. On top in larger letters was spanish, on the bottom in smaller print was english.

We have millions of unemployed American citizens falling through the cracks because of illegal immigrants.

I hope they do something about the severe illegal immigration problems we have soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I do not know as to what kind of world some people living, but to make statements like "Immigrants taking our Jobs", is so BS.

If you want to blame someone blame the "Capitalism" blame "Globalization". Blame those Blood-Sucking firms who are caring only for profit. They do not care about people, or what kind of qualification you have or where are you coming from, as long as you are cheap. Those firms that killed and still killing the middle class.

Peace

edit on 5-11-2010 by Seed76 because: no reason

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

The illegal immigrants are not stupid, they know full well that they are taking a job illegally where an American citizen could be working instead.

Yes, the businesses that hire illegals are also to blame and many States are fighting for laws to stop this. So far, they get shot down and the insanity continues.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The illegal immigrants are not stupid, they know full well that they are taking a job illegally where an American citizen could be working instead.

Is that American citizen, going to work for $2/hour and without medical care or any other social benefits??? I do not think so.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76

Is that American citizen, going to work for $2/hour and without medical care or any other social benefits??? I do not think so.

So that makes it OK? For one, you can't legally hire a legal citizen for $2/hour because it's against the minimum wage laws. Are you suggesting we change it so we can compete?

It won't matter who we punish, we'll still get the same outcome. Illegals will be mad about it. If we punish them, they'll complain. If we punish the businesses to where they refuse to hire illegals, they'll complain. Either way they'll say we're discriminating against them. So at this point, I really don't care which one we do, the outcome will be the same. Personally, I'd like to see some form of repercussions against those who have knowingly worked the system illegally. I'd be ok with any punishment that could be thought up, and I do mean any.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

So that makes it OK? For one, you can't legally hire a legal citizen for $2/hour because it's against the minimum wage laws. Are you suggesting we change it so we can compete?

Of course does not making it OK. What I am simply saying is that those firms who keep practicing that strategy, need to be persecuted. And by that i mean not just a simply $ fine, but also foreclosure and jail.Combine that with better Border-Control and will be fine.But that does not seems to happens. The question is why those firms do not get prosecuted?

As is said of my previous reply, blame the firms who keep doing that. Those Blood-sucking Firms who only care for profit. Those firms do not care about the law, and they keep doing that.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Seed76 because: no reason

edit on 6-11-2010 by Seed76 because: none

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Glad to hear that!!

I think if you sat down and talked to the CEOs of companies that hired these people, they'd give the same excuse as the Wall St. people that Ventura interviewed. It's our jobs to complain to congress who's job is to make it blatantly illegal. Until then, it's their job to skirt the system as much as they can. Unfortunately that is the businessman's code of ethics these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Exactly mate. As long that problem remains, the problem will get worse.
Cause the problem is not the Illegals but those firms. Those firms that keep going unpunished and our Politicians do not see that problem. The illegals are just the symptom which caused from the problem it self.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Do you believe that anyone legal or illegal should work for such slave wages? I don't. We have a minumum wage law for a reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nope, he's not saying that at all. He cleared it up in his reply to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The illegals are not just working for low wages. Where I used to work we had many illegals and even though they didn't get paid as much as the legal workers, they still made way over minumum wage. We had legal citizen who were more qualified for a job and we'd see an illegal would get the position instead.

There was one factory some years ago that had like 200 employees that were illegal and they got caught. Within one week, every single position was filled by a legal citizen. Now we have millions of un-employed citizens and to hire an illegal before a law-abiding citizen is a shame. Many of those un-employed are no longer recieving un-employment benefits and no longer have health coverage.

Obviously the government does not care about its own people or something would have been done years ago. Now we have more homeless and hungry people than ever before.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Obviously the government does not care about its own people or something would have been done years ago. Now we have more homeless and hungry people than ever before.

Exactly. Our politicians are too busy by following the lobbies. The problem simply reaching to its maximum. As you said unemployment rises too fast, people loosing their homes, but what i am afraid most is that the frustration, will eventually explodes. And when that happens will be really ugly.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I do not know as to what kind of world some people living, but to make statements like "Immigrants taking our Jobs", is so BS.

So,
In a population of 300+ million people with 15 percent of those being first generation immigrants and up to 10% more being illegal immigrants....none of them has a job?

I doubt that.

Fact is that not only does immigration reduce the number of available jobs but it also reduces the wage. Illegal immigration even more so.

You can claim that it's anyones fault but the immigrants and blame everybody else. You can call it racism or anti- immigrant sentiment. You can blame the businesses, politicians or anyone who has the cash to pay a brown guy to mow his yard or pick crops. That's your opinion.

The facts still show that unchecked immigration reduces the incomes and number of jobs available to native born and naturalized citizens. It's simple reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

So,
In a population of 300+ million people with 15 percent of those being first generation immigrants and up to 10% more being illegal immigrants....none of them has a job?

I doubt that.

Its very naive to claim that all Immigrants have a job. It is also not logical to mix first generation Immigrants with Illegal Immigrants. These are 2 different subjects.

You can claim that it's anyones fault but the immigrants and blame everybody else. You can call it racism or anti- immigrant sentiment. You can blame the businesses, politicians or anyone who has the cash to pay a brown guy to mow his yard or pick crops. That's your opinion.

We agree on that. Everyone has its own Opinion.

The facts still show that unchecked immigration reduces the incomes and number of jobs available to native born and naturalized citizens. It's simple reality.

Fact is that for every Job available on the Market, at least 1000 people applying to. Fact is we are living in Globalization. That is the Simple reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Exactly. Our politicians are too busy by following the lobbies. The problem simply reaching to its maximum. As you said unemployment rises too fast, people loosing their homes, but what i am afraid most is that the frustration, will eventually explodes. And when that happens will be really ugly.

I too think things will explode and it won't be pretty. Hope it doesn't have to come to that.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Its very naive to claim that all Immigrants have a job. It is also not logical to mix first generation Immigrants with Illegal Immigrants. These are 2 different subjects.

Never claimed that they all had jobs.

I did not mix illegals and legal immigrants. I specifically addressed them as separate groups.

As far as your globalization statement...uh, yeah. That's what immigration and outsourcing jobs is all about. Reducing income for citizens and moving capital out of the country.
edit on 6-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join