It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have confirmed ATS management hides threads if they want to.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
25 flags? Seriously?

This thread should have died a long time ago :shk:
edit on 30/10/2010 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
25 flags? Seriously?

This thread should have dies a long time ago :shk:

Because of your lame interpretation I will make it 26.

You need to keep your mind open, and stop being a brick-wall.

Thinking is actually good for you, and thinking about possibility is always a healthy exercise.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

And who knows, he might be in CIA pay-roll too? Does anyone know where ATS creator lives

The Creator

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hm. Believe the OP or believe SO and Springer. What should I do? I'm so torn.
Not.
Sorry, buddy. I think somewhere you took a wrong turn.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Because of your lame interpretation I will make it 26.

You need to keep your mind open, and stop being a brick-wall.

Thinking is actually good for you, and thinking about possibility is always a healthy exercise.

Well done

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

Here is my thread about a similar subject from a few days ago... WITH PICS!

And ZERO mods or admin coming to say yes this is a known glitch, or this is a intended function.

They ARE aware of it, I posted it in the section about the site, where mods live, and keep bumping it until one will admit there is a glitch, or an intended function.

If it's a glitch, you think I'd be thanked and their crack team of Abovetopsecret IT pros would get on it and fix what seems to be such an easy fix... If this site was supposed to have "real-time" flagged topics rise to the top.

As that's exactly what's being prevented from happening.

2 heavily flagged threads allowed to remain open, but stricken from "real-time" results.

Both happen to be 2 view points from the same subject...

READ THIS NOW.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-10-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Of all the posts I've seen in this thread, almost all have been unnecessary flaming against the OP guy from members. Is this really fair?

Since he's lying, both his warning and harsh responses are warranted.

Are you for real? Are you also one of those people who condone torture of "enemy combatants" because they believe in different ideology?

Flaming is the messageboard equivalent to harassment. This guy makes a point, while you and others might see it as a lie it is still a point. As "owner" of ATS, do you think it is right to condone this type of internal harassment on your site? Because if you do it, then many others will too, so choose your strategy carefully.

Remember, "deny ignorance". There's too much ignorance in the world and the only solution is open-mindedness. The moment you allow aggressive harassment like in this thread is when you allow it for the entire board.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty surprised that this thread is still going strong but hey ho.

Even if the mods on this site did hide threads, deleted things they didn't like and generally acted in a dictatorial manner befitted to Kim Jong ill himself then it still wouldn't matter.
It's an internet forum, not the UN, not the US elections, not even a local election, it's a damn internet forum.

Nothing you ever say on here will ever have the slightest bit of bearing on anything at all of any importance, no wars will be decided because of your posts, no lives will be saved.
If I owned this site and you said something that annoyed me then I would delete it too.

If you have a message that is so important that it's vital that everyone knows about it then sign up for some free web space and publish it yourself and get hits off of your own back, it's a long hard journey believe me.

Rant over

edit on 30-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
If one makes a thread which is in opposition to whatever the agenda is, here at this forum, It can be altered to be visible to the Author, but made completely invisible to anyone else with a different IP domain.

I just thought you folks would like to know that. (Before this one is shot down also.)
THe fact is they *can't* handle the truth, not even at this site.

I won't say it is done on purpose but you are correct about the "function" being there. It is called "Global Ignore" and I have been on it before and had to be removed. You can see your posts but nobody else can see your posts.

Please review this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-10-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I got an invite to a competing site, of which I allegedly could log in with my existing login and password. I didn't fall for it but I wondered if my password was discovered. Anyway, when I went to check my messages the original message was gone.

When a member is banned for sending spam solicitation private messages to members, their outbox is deleted. No big conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I sometimes encounter threads where a lot of recent posts simply disappear for some reason, like in this one. It's missing one of my recent posts and MyATS is telling me that it has been updated but it is clearly missing content for me. Not sure if this is just maintenence-related?

After looking at that thread again, it is missing posts from within a 2-week period. Not sure why they are deleted considering they were on topic (in an albeit rediculous thread that wasn't of greatest quality to start with, but still).
edit on 30-10-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

There is no function to delete any post without a trace. The only option for staff is to remove the content of the post, usually replaced by some type of explanation, but the actual post remains.

Even I, the admin, cannot remove a post and leave no trace in the thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

EDIT:

Crap, totally confused two similar threads in that forum, my bad dude. Threads with poor grammar in the names tend to look the same to me sometimes

edit on 31-10-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
One of my threads did disappear once!

However, I must say that it was because of one the reasons S.O. has already explained. I had, innocently, started a thread that violated a new T & C. When I asked a mod about it, they quickly replied that it had been moved to a forum only staff could see to discuss if it did, in fact, violate the T&C. Eventually the thread was removed and I was in complete agreement as I educated myself about new updates to T&C. A big point here was it wasn't just one lone mod saying "Pffft" and tossing it away. It was dicussed and I for one appreciate the mods time. This thread was my own fault as ATS does an exceptional job of letting the members know when new rules go into effect.

I know it's not just me who thinks ATS has the best mods on the web.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hmmm......so we ended up in the rant section. Personally I would have trashed this baby a long time ago but unlike the people who run this place I am not so ethical.

The original message of this thread was one of accusation. Not speculation, not suspicion, plain and simple accusation!! I am pretty open minded and usually don't get bothered so much by threads that seem to lack any evidence but this thread really stuck with me...

I am past the point of agitation over the fact that, not the OP cried wolf without backing it up, but the amount of support it got from all the people who think that flagging a thread is some kind of way of expressing your sympathy with the OP.

I used to believe the flag system was there as a sort of incentive for people who produced a well thought out thread, with good material, researched and balanced. You know the kind of thread you would want to see get the honor it deserves. Quite frankly, this thread (no matter the right or wrong issue) is NOT!!!

It's a couple of lines of text full of accusation and no research material. period!!!

I said a couple of pages back that I suspect this beauty will reach a 100 flags and I am growing more confident that it will. It would seem people are now flagging this thread only to express there opposition towards the discussion within the thread. You know, a reactionary measure not because the quality of the threads deserves it but because they can at least get some frustration out of the way if words are not working........sad!!

Grow up people. Do not abuse the flag system to express your standpoint.

Peace
edit on 31-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I've always thought it was ATS policy to censor classified information if outside government forces requested it... Or at least I read somewhere that this isn't uncommon practice anyways.

OK, let's find out then.
Here ya go:
LINK to Above Top Secret Programs, Names, Functions and Locations.
Let's see what happens now.
Have fun folks.
edit on 30-10-2010 by ATS4dummies because: typo

Nope thats not a screenschot of a thread only you can see, as stated in the op.

If one makes a thread which is in opposition to whatever the agenda is, here at this forum, It can be altered to be visible to the Author, but made completely invisible to anyone else with a different IP domain.

I just thought you folks would like to know that. (Before this one is shot down also.) THe fact is they *can't* handle the truth, not even at this site.

Rerequest:

Post a screendump of a thread only you can see, complete with visible url and pagetab. I’ll provide a screendump of my browser with the same url in it to prove or disprove your claim.

It’s that easy.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
EVERY action taken by staff on EVERY thread generates an automated U2U to the OP that informs them of the action taken.

I'm with ATS regarding the OP and how silly he is.

But I don have to call you on this Springer.

I've had a thread moved recently (The Paul thread - about the potential for disclosure of an alien visiting Earth) from Aliens and UFOs to BTS:Movies and had no notification about it.

Sauron moved it, another mod told me that so there is accountability within the back-end. But I didn't receive diddle about it being moved. I had to find out for myself.

I've since been on a mission to have all threads which relate to movies as fuel for conspiracies moved alongside it.

Rules is rules and what's good for the sceptic is good for the gander.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've got to say that, without a doubt, this is one of the most brain-bending threads I have ever read on this site.

I flagged it. Not because I believe ATS are up to mischief, but because it's made me wonder if I too am on global ignore. Or am I just being paranoid?

How would you know? It's like being in the film "The Sixth Sense" - the guy doesn't realise he's a ghost and nobody can see him because the (irritating) kid that can see ghosts interacts with him. Thus he remains unaware that he is invisible.

From what I can gather from infolurker's post, being on global ignore means that a few people can see you whilst others can't (have I got that right?). Meaning that the person on global ignore would have no reason to suspect anything was up as people were still replying to him. Is there any way to test for it?

In fact, can anyone see this post?!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Where's your reasoning? You build a site that is user-generated and want it to be successful with abundant membership. But you arrange it so that users can only see their own posts.

Why, why, why would you defeat yourself like that?

Who knows how they manage poor posters and outrageous lies, who cares? There may be the isolated incident where they take extraordinary measures, but I'm sure if they do, there is a good reason for it.

Have a little faith, buddy.
edit on 10/31/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I don't think it's done on purpose, more of a glitch in the system.

Come to think of it, I've seen other strange things happening around this site recently. I was reading a thread the other day and came across a poster who's avatar was completely black and all their star and flag information was in minus figures.

I was curious so I clicked on their member profile and was astonished when my member profile popped up! It didn't seem anyone else had noticed as that particular post had still been given stars as though nobody else thought it odd.

Thanks for replying though ladyinwaiting. It's good to know somebody can still see me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join