It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In the begining there was only a tree.

The Tree of Life -

This old Oak Tree stood tall with branches like no other you can imagine. So broad and full of colors of variations that the human mind can not even comprehend. From one of the branches of this tree dripped a golden sap.

As this sap dripped to the ground it slowly dried and thus began to form a mound. Over time this mound took on the shape of a human being, with every detail represented in it's form. Every organ, every wisp of hair, every fold of skin, every tiny vein.

When the form of man was complete, a final drop of sap still hung from the branch of the mighty oak, glistening as none before had dared. It was filled with a glorious golden light, emitted from within; The Sap of Life.

John Doe -

The Sap of Life, the last drop of genesis, then fell upon the forehead of the human form and thus was born the Artist, John Doe.

John stepped forth into a bleak and colorless existence. He then took his paintbrush and began his work. John began to paint the world as he saw fit. He painted for 100 days. Every detail of existence. Every shadow, every mountain. Every river and it's fish, every field and it's mice. He painted the darkness and the light and painted every dream and every story so that his final creations would be inspired. Finally, he painted humanity.

When he had finished he swept the golden Sap of Life from his brow and let it fall upon the canvas. At this moment, the world was born.

Birth -

This all took place, only 1 billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a second before YOU were born. All of the memories and experiences of those around you were created by John, so that you could learn and be inspired. Only the events that have occurred during your life are real.

Disprove this...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I thought in the beginning there was a cockroach and some june buggs

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanMeatsuit

Excuse me sir, I am fishing for enlightenment.

Outbursts of that manner will scare it away.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Dear John,

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jenn.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I cant disprove that, I agree to some of what you said. but the tree of life what if we could drain the sap out of that old oak like maple syrup. would that constitute immortality and the tree of knowledge same scenario would that bottle of knowledge syrup be enlightenment?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I cant disprove that...

This is the seed from which enlightenment grows.

And as all things seek balance, it is fitting that the counter point is just as valid.

I can't prove what I have written either.

I hope that it does bring a sense of warmth and security to you as you allow it to fill your mind with beautiful imagery and your heart with wishful hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I cant disprove that...

This is the seed from which enlightenment grows.

And as all things seek balance, it is fitting that the counter point is just as valid.

I can't prove what I have written either.

I hope that it does bring a sense of warmth and security to you as you allow it to fill your mind with beautiful imagery and your heart with wishful hope.

I do feel something. I'll have to take a closer look at it though and get back to you later. It's a little warm. I can say that much about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That sir, is unproveable.
But this is definetely food for thought. How about this?

Where is John when I am born?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Uh, a fair few morgues claim to have him in a drawer... it seems he's been kicking the bucket for years now.

It is an issue, though - if everything before one was born was fabrication by John Doe, who clearly cares a lot about one to put so much specific detail into the backstories of all the painted people, why has the bloke b*****ed off and left the painting holding the baby?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

This is disprovable.

However, it makes for an interesting read.

I just don't buy a word of it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I like what you have written because it is something I had always had in the back of my mind. The world did not exist until I was born. Of course others can tell me otherwise, but can it really be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? Not unless you hijacked my consciousness

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

Of course, John might just have painted you that way to stop the person (whoever they are) who is the inteded recipient of all John's paintings from realising that John did exist. I still don't fully grasp why someone would put so very work into something for someone, and then never show up on birthdays or holidays

edit on 28/11/2010 by TheWill because: accidental negative

reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Truman show much?
edit on 28/11/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Seen it, but these thoughts existed before the movie, so in a sense, it was just one element of my converging realities.

edit on 11/28/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join