It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can magick offer me if I learned about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I want to learn how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death. Aleister Crowley philosophy seems to call out to me from his grave. I want to learn about the Ordo Templi Orientis and Thelema. Sounds fun to me as a young person with a lot of time own my hands and everything I can achieve in my life by learning about magick, Thelema and what not.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I want to learn how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death. Aleister Crowley philosophy seems to call out to me from his grave. I want to learn about the Ordo Templi Orientis and Thelema. Sounds fun to me as a young person with a lot of time own my hands and everything I can achieve in my life by learning about magick, Thelema and what not.

Watch My Chemical Wedding 5 times in a row and kill a cat 8 times, leaving it's 9'th time for it to grow old as your Familiar.

It's easy, all the kids are doing it!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Im going to assume that your joking on this one. There is NO possible way to learn the majik of others, unless you are willing to devote, time, patience, devotion, and skill to it. This isnt a way to make a cake. Its a serious process. So I will continue to see your thread as a possible way to seek out the unfortunate, as opposed to those that know better.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm serious here! Trust me! I would like to know more about Alister Crowley.
He seems interesting and his beliefs and groups sound amazing!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm serious here! Trust me! I would like to know more about Alister Crowley.
He seems interesting and his beliefs and groups sound amazing!

He was a drug addict who killed cats and thought he could become invisible while walking down the street.

He's nothing..

You're crazy!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You're joking right?
You're being sarcastic with me right and now you are laughing you butt off as I type.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It'll earn you an express ticket to the front seat in Hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I want to learn how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death. Aleister Crowley philosophy seems to call out to me from his grave.

You realize, of course, that your two sentences there contain all that you need to know.

"stopper death" : "from his grave"

lol.

On a more serious note, I've never seen anyone demonstrate any valid "powers" as a result of that sort of thing, any more than I've seen anyone demonstrate miracles from a religious faith. I think you'd do better at gaining fame and glory by just having faith in yourself, being ambitious, and aspiring to something noble. Work at being the best worker in homeless shelters in your city, or finding some social injustice and fighting to overcome it.

In other words, find good in being good, because it's tough to find good in being selfish.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

this is where i started:
www.philhine.org.uk... Oven ready chaos by Phil Hine (chaos as in chaos magik)
and i haven't stopped learning about the secret mysteries since.
I'd suggest going slow, and not preforming an rituals, keep your self distanced from the sprite realm.
you'll notice a lot of strange coincidences start to happen after you begin learning about this stuff!

reply to post by NOTurTypical

only if you believe hell exists, can it! religion is based on the same principles as all kinds of magical beliefs. Ego is hell, you are welcome to it if you like.
edit on 30-10-2010 by theuhstuf because: to add a reply

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
With all the "advice" so far, nobody cares to answer the most interesting question posed?
"What can magick offer me if I learned about it?"

Is there anyone willing to give it a go and asnwer this question? Out of the entire OP there was only this sentence that actually piqued my interest as opposed to the rest making me letting of a long and painfull 'sigh'. Thnx in advance.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
All I have to say for now is...:

On performing the Will of one's Innermost(Thelema) versus performing the will of one's Guardian of the Threshold (Part 1)

On performing the Will of one's Innermost(Thelema) versus performing the will of one's Guardian of the Threshold (Part 2)

...and good luck!

*A side-note: The entire teaching in regard to the Guardian of the Threshold is very difficult, even impossible, to understand with just the intellect. However, let us just say that it is taught that the aspirant who does not defeat the Guardian of the Threshold during the Initiations of Minor Mysteries, will not be able to enter the Initiations of Major Mysteries(Alchemy, Kabbalah, Magic, and Theurgy).

If the aspirant does not triumph over the Guardian of the Threshold during the Ordeals of the Minor Mysteries, it is said that the aspirant will have more opportunities to defeat the Guardian of the Threshold; although it usually gets a bit more difficult to triumph over it, each time that one is presented with the Ordeals that one did not previously pass.*

edit on 30-10-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Romantic_Rebel,

You would be playing with fire that will reach out and get you, better stay away and not get burnt.

That's a playground to stay away from, all who play there will get burned.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

only if you believe hell exists, can it! religion is based on the same principles as all kinds of magical beliefs. Ego is hell, you are welcome to it if you like.

I disagree, Hell's existence is not contingent upon the number of people who believe it exists.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To answer the original question more(on the dangers(and benefits) of the practical application of magic):

CEREMONIAL MAGIC AND SORCERY

"Many a magician has lost his life as the result of opening a way whereby submundane creatures could become active participants in his affairs. When Eliphas Levi invoked the spirit of Apollonius of Tyana, what did he hope to accomplish?

"Is the gratification of curiosity a motive sufficient to warrant the devotion of an entire lifetime to a dangerous and unprofitable pursuit? If the living Apollonius refused to divulge his secrets to the profane, is there any probability that after death he would disclose them to the curious-minded?

"Levi himself did not dare to assert that the specter which appeared to him was actually the great philosopher, for Levi realized only too well the proclivity of elementals to impersonate those who have passed on. The majority of modern mediumistic apparitions are but elemental creatures masquerading through bodies composed of thought substance supplied by the very persons desiring to behold these wraiths of decarnate beings." - Manly P. Hall 33°

Esoteric Treatise of Theurgy

"7th - It is dreadfully dangerous to invoke demons. We found ourselves in very serious and tremendous danger, when we were performing the investigation of the “Conjuration of the Seven!”

"If the student is not armed with the Sword of Justice, if he is not absolutely chaste, if he does not follow the Path of Sanctification, he could easily lose his life in those works, or just as well, could arrive at the most terrible despair, the most frightening fear with very serious consequences for the physical body, risking himself by invoking demons.

"8th - High Theurgy must only be utilized in order to invoke Angels. By means of high Theurgy, we can study at the feet of the Grand Master of Wisdom, converse with the Angels, talk with the Constructors of the Universe, talk with our Inner God, face to face, in the Superior Worlds.

"9th - We must sublimate all of our Sexual Energies towards the heart. We must tread the Path of Absolute Sanctity." - Samael Aun Weor

Nychthemeron: The Hours of Apollonius

The Nychthemeron is an ancient symbolic mystery of twelve hours, that hide the mysteries of spiritual initiation. Each hour relates to steps in the process of initiation, and in many levels or cycles of development.

Nychthemeron: Greek νυχθήμερον, nychthēmero; spelled nuctemeron, nychthemeron, nycthemeron, or nuchthemeron. From the Greek νυχθήμερον, from the words nykt- "night", and (h)emera "day, daytime") is a period of 24 consecutive hours. Nychthemeron literally means "a night and a day" or "the night enlightened by the day." It is equivalent to: "And the evening and the morning were the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth day." - Genesis 1

The beginning of the Nychthemeron is the point where the setting sun intersects the circle of the horizon. Therefore the Nychthemeron extends from the moment when the sun disappears from the horizon till his disappearance on the following day.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm not really into such things but I know people that are deeply into Alistair Crowley and such.
From what they say the most important thing you can learn from Magic is how to direct your will into a certain area, the "spell" is just a tool to focus your mind onto your goals.

As I said though I don't know much about it

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Of course you wouldn't, why would you want to down play your beliefs? What I'm saying is, we create reality, you want hell to exist, fine, doesn't mean I have to create that possibility. If there was a creator, then this is a hologram

new topics

top topics

join