It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
*Sigh*

/Open Sarcasm

Yes buy Organic !!

That will solve everything !!

/Close Sarcasm

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

No it won't solve "everything". But it will solve some very important aspects of this story:

My kids, my wife and I are not putting Monsanto's toxins in our bodies.
My money is not going towards products that contain Monsanto chemicals, thereby decreasing demand for treated foods.
I am supporting farms and producers who are also shunning Monsanto's poisons, helping them to continue to provide options.

So, one family, not a huge monetary impact, right? How about 1,000? 10,000? 50,000? If more people committed to only put food into their mouths, not regurgitated processed preserved genetically modified chemically altered "stuff", haw fast could that consumer decision hurt Monsanto's bottom line?
The idea is growing, fast. Why do you think the feds are raiding raw milk producers? Harassing organic producers at farmer's markets? Why are we beginning to hear about laws that limit or ban home gardening?

edit on 31-10-2010 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Hmm Ok, so you believe that Monsanto attends farmers markets to try and strong arm producers? lol really?

Look if you believe your going to be free of Toxins more power to you! But your not even close and besides the fact that people around the world are starving and dying from malnutrition what are you or your organic farmers doing to help solve the problem?

Its called sustainability and if we do not progress moving forward with the safe use of chemicals well then we will probably all starve in the next 50 years as our population continues to expand at an alarming rate.

Oh and the whole organic trend that is taking place at the moment is actually a One Billion dollar industry - Yes it is an industry and most of the time they use chemicals - they just dont tell you

www.theage.com.au...

But Hey if Organic lets you sleep better at night all the best to you.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, to that point there was a recent article on here somewhere that showed that farmers that used non GMO seed did better financially than folks using the GMO seed, so I think the issue may well work itself out in the end anyway.

Why anyone thinks we need to manipulate our food stock is beyond me. How many thousands of years have we been doing just fine with what we have already?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join