It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make the Connection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Then we are on the same page. Unfortunately I don't know how we get to where we need to get where I think most of us would like to be.

I'm not sure how much technology can get us there.

If you have solutions I would like to hear them.

Just don't tell me to do somehting or die.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi Modern Americana, I understand your passion about this subject. I had been a vegetarian for along time but went back and forth and ignored that these things occur. But, need to be veg again. It's hard. But, I can't watch this film. I would cry and cry. People are attacking you, that is sad to me, but I do understand where you are coming from. I will say that I am very sensitive to these things my hat is off to the people who have the courage to film and look this evil right in the face ( those who have the stomach) but, I don't. But, I try not to participate in it . No fur, No leather, nothing tested on animals and if enough people did just some of these things lots would change. I would hope. DaphneApollo

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
Unfortunately I don't know how we get to where we need to get where I think most of us would like to be.

I'm not sure how much technology can get us there.

It all starts with change and innovative ideas. Before the movements for racial and gender equality began, I am sure many could not fathom a world - or a nation - without racism and sexism.

The same applies to speciesism. Right now, most of us cannot fathom a world where we all consume less meat; or find other means of creating clothing; or test experimental drugs or medical practices without harming animals.

But it is possible. As long as we collectively are motivated to make change and inform ourselves and become and remain aware of what goes on behind closed doors to produce our food, clothing, and medicine, and to provide us with entertainment at venues such as zoos and rodeos, then one day we can live in a world where animals are treated as equals.

But we must start somewhere. We do not need to consume as much meat as we do. We do not need fur and leather clothing. We do not need to attend rodeos, zoos, or circuses. We do not need to test medical practices and drugs, which are intended for humans, on animals when these practices and drugs must be tested on humans before being permitted in the first place.

We do not need these things in order to survive as a species. We want these things. And therein lies the problem. We are putting our own wants ahead of the lives of other living beings. That is selfish and cruel.

We must change our ways. Our actions have a profound effect on the Earth. The food chain and circle of life on this planet is a delicate balance. Over-exploiting the Earth and over-expanding civilization will throw off this delicate balance.

Nature and life are resilient and resourceful. Even if we throw off this delicate balance, nature and life will recover. The only question is whether or not humans will be around to witness it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

As for the argument that animals don't feel emotion, that is just ignorance.

What is ignorant is assuming they do. Animals rely on instinct not emotion. They react to our emotional stimulus in preparation for when they in part graduate into the human kingdom in some future round of the universe but do not have the same consciousness as humans

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Hi, Modern Americana.

As we can see, we have a BIG bunch of cowards/wimps who find
VERY questionable/dubious excuses to not see the video.

Here is a different one for we, who seek for facts:

www.strasbourgcurieux.com...

EDIT to say:
The way "normal" meat is processed is why we switched to biological/organic food.
We did not stop eating meat, because we know that the animals are
treated respectfully in that kind/type of farms !

Blue skies.
edit on 2010/10/29 by C-JEAN because: More details.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thank-you for putting this up.

If you won't watch it, then you remain ignorant in the fact, that although you may say-
" we all know that animal cruelty exists"
you still won't confront yourself with it to bring about a fundamental change in the way we think as a species amongst the other species we share the world with.

I guarantee, if you don't have some empathy for the way we treat our fellow earthlings, before watching this, you will after-wards.

But if you don't want to feel that empathy, and continue in denial to some extent, then don't watch it.

there are no excuses for this treatment of animals.

This culture of abuse is systematic and it has profound effects on the way we treat each other as human beings.

Nothing will change a bit in our world unless you put yourselves in their world for just a moment...

starred and flagged

edit on 29-10-2010 by 2theC because: because commas get neglected

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
What is ignorant is assuming they do. Animals rely on instinct not emotion.

It is true that animals do rely on instinct, but they possess emotion as well. However, emotion is not the central issue. The central issue is the pain and suffering they experience at the hands of humans. Animals DO feel pain; they DO experience physical, mental, and psychological damage when the instincts you mention are not allowed to be naturally and freely exercised. You and I could debate endlessly whether or not they possess emotion, but if you deny that they feel pain as well, then that, my friend, is ignorant.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by hawkiye
What is ignorant is assuming they do. Animals rely on instinct not emotion.

It is true that animals do rely on instinct, but they possess emotion as well. However, emotion is not the central issue. The central issue is the pain and suffering they experience at the hands of humans. Animals DO feel pain; they DO experience physical, mental, and psychological damage when the instincts you mention are not allowed to be naturally and freely exercised. You and I could debate endlessly whether or not they possess emotion, but if you deny that they feel pain as well, then that, my friend, is ignorant.

To go further on this if we feel emotions...and we feel empathy regardless of what they feel

and if we cannot emphasize with the pain they are feeling then we must truly be heartless.

we can say they have no emotions, so its all ok.

but we do

if we can justify treating those we feel are not the same as us in this way, then it just perpetuates and raises justifications in us for the way we treat anything or anybody we deem to be different.

we invent disconnectedness to keep us from feeling the empathy.

Isn't the title of the thread " Make the Connection"...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Animals are space binders....where as yourself and me last time I checked are space and time binders, therefore they are a clearly not capable of abstracting and leaving information for future generations to interpret and understand...without those differences the world takes on a sinister survival of the fittest, man vs any other space binders, if man were merely animal or these animals were other than capable of controlling their space then we might have grounds for advancement, but so far none of them have decided to cross communicate to other species to explain anything if they even can at all about how or if they are capable of time binding. A world where we are no different than the animal maybe a world in which our ability to time bind maybe taken away by a government or some form of discrimination or violence agaisnt one, many of the worst atrocities to humans were committed under the assumption that other humans were less than human, that the hated ones were beasts, mere animals taking up space....useless eaters, in some sense many still have this philosophy to this day, they are trying to save the planet from the useless eaters taking up space and caueing global warming, the pseudo-science fraud of this century, not unlike the eugenics fraud of the last century, someday it will be completely discredited, until then many in world will starve to death as they wait to be allowed the technology to save their lives, that they are being denied on the basis it will destroy the atmosphere if people in PLACES SUCH AS AFRICA also are given the right to clean food, water and electricity, until then they will continue to die through starvation or war and disease...first in order to even consider caring for these poor animals being consumed for food, shouldn't we at first try to care for ourselves and make ourselves better before we go trying to save everything else, if we can't get ourselves right, there will be no life on this planet cause we will have bombed ourselves into oblivian, if we can't fix humans then jsut exactly how will we find the time or energy to care about animals to any extent that wouldn't seem to take away from people starving in some poor shanty town....if humans can fix themselves then the animals will also benefit from a more peaceful environment, if on the other hand nature needs creative destruction to roll the dice and create life then we should not want to live in a world with total peace, cause it would seem contrary to the game setup by nature.
edit on 31-10-2010 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just finished watching this film.

If you have not watched it please do so.

Trying to think of something to say but I cannot. I can't think of anything good to say. Maybe I can come back in a few days and post something but now I have no words after watching this film.

Please pass it to friends and families. I don't want to send it to my friends and family because it is so shocking but I will pass it to them. Everytime we find a piece of the truth we must pass it on. We cannot hide it anymore.

I will try to keep coming back to add to this thread so that more people might watch it. Make sure you add a comment if you watch it to keep the thread alive.

edit on 23-2-2011 by JohnySeagull because: 9 flags for this? for fcuks sake

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Not so long ago a woman who probabl wasn't in a great mental state decided to throw a cat into a wheelie bin.

She made a mistake. I don't know what she was thinking at that time. The cat was ok. The media was judge jury and excutioner. She got massive media coverage. People thought she was a terrible person. She suffered huge abuse.

She made a mistake and put a cat in a bin. Media insanity followed.

Watch the film and please tell me where is the media????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join