It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has the ignore button gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Haa good one now the Pennie drops for me

Now i see what your saying but what i said still stands i am sure if there is someone that really annoys you the name would stick and you have the freedom not to read if you so please.

Life still goes on even without the ignore button but with a little therapy this can be overcome deep breaths and go to that happy place and think no more of the ignore button.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by Annee

Life still goes on even without the ignore button but with a little therapy this can be overcome deep breaths and go to that happy place and think no more of the ignore button.

Thanks

I had that covered until you posted in this thread, that is. Now I miss the ignore button again.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Here Here ! ..........I was Wondering what happened to it to . Now though , when I have the Need to Ignore someone in a Post, I just Close my Eyes and Scroll Down ........

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

If you are good i mite let you press it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3612020b6ec.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks good don't it

Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
+1 for the return of the ignore feature. It'll never happen though.

People say it's easy to scroll past someones post when you recognise the poster. That's no good for me, I think I only used it twice but the moment i pressed ignore i forgot the name of the poster. I've got too much going on to remember the twats that flood threads with ridiculous posts.

The ignore button can reduce a 20 page thread to a 10 page thread and I'm all for it It would be especially benefitial since this recent influx of low IQ, fear mongering kids. They seem to possess zero ability to think critically and or use logic, and they swamp threads screaming abuse at people who successfully debunk their bunkum. Being unable to ignore those users has meant I've been spending less time on ATS because I get fed up of wading through the dross they post.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Haa good one now the Pennie drops for me

Now i see what your saying but what i said still stands i am sure if there is someone that really annoys you the name would stick and you have the freedom not to read if you so please.

Thanks

OK - - but I use it more for myself not to get into a "ping pong" match. I am human (I think).

I am not going to not read a post. But - I can "remove myself" from the discussion by ignoring "baiters" & "hammerers".

I know that sounds backwards - - but that is how I look at it. Ignoring certain posters in a thread temporarily - - prevents ME from interacting beyond necessary into redundancy.

I personally believe if used correctly - - it creates a better flow of material.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
+1 for the return of the ignore feature. It'll never happen though.

I don't believe it will return either.

Apparently for some - you can't have anything Hidden - - if you are a true Conspiracy Site.

Some - - not All.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"It's ignoring a basic fact that out of more than, what, 100,000 people or so on this site I am not going to like everyone. Fact. I should have the choice to ignore certain fools and baiters, people whose only purpose on this board is to cause problems and insult people."

Maybe the reason ATS wants you to have access to all of the garbage posted by morons on this site is possibly because these same morons are posting from within ATS? Why else would they subject their more intelligent clientele to a ton of useless fertilizer and not give them a relatively simple option to improve the quality of what they are reading? As if we don't have enough garbage being piled on top of us by other media outlets.

Way to go ATS; one step forward and two steps back! How about a new motto - Deny Ignore (Button)?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was just having a laugh with you

Don't worry you are not alone in wanting the ignore button back there has been a couple of threads about it since its removal maybe if enough members demand it back the boss will reconsider who knows.

But to me it makes no difference but everyone has there own opinion but the overlord has spoken and we have what we have i am happy some are not.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I was just having a laugh with you

Don't worry you are not alone in wanting the ignore button back there has been a couple of threads about it since its removal maybe if enough members demand it back the boss will reconsider who knows.

But to me it makes no difference but everyone has there own opinion but the overlord has spoken and we have what we have i am happy some are not.

Thanks

No Prob.

I could have just scrolled past ya

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by D.Wolf

Looks good don't it

Thanks

Oh holy maiden dancing the samba, forget the old button, lets install yours! That’s one hell of a mushroom button calling press me press me!

Gimmmegimme!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Why does anyone need a special button or feature to ignore someone?

I never used it much myself, but there are times when being able to ignore someone's posts for a day or two can give you a much needed break.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by D.Wolf

Looks good don't it

Thanks

Hahaha LoL this reminded me so much of this...

Turn the Internet Off Button

Korg,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join