It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians hunting and killing humans [satirical website]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Okay...I need some help...I'm pretty sure this is a real website and they are actually talking about real things...but DAMN...it's *really* hard to imagine people being SO amaaaaaaazingly stupid.

As I was reading some various threads on this site my mouth was literally hanging open at the stupidity that was spewing forth from these people's fingertips. The only thing I could think of was that it was like a parody site...but...help me out here and take a look at this link and some of there threads and I'd like to hear your opinions.

It's really late and I've only had a few hours of sleep in the last few days, so I may just be gullible tonight, but...here goes:

www.landoverbaptist.net...
edit on 29-10-2010 by Byrd because: The link is to a well-known site that does Christian satire. The forums are also satirical.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's not...it's a satire website. They just parody usual christian right wing...and do a good job at it.
look at the WHOIS info, they've been around for awhile

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
It's not...it's a satire website. They just parody usual christian right wing...and do a good job at it.
look at the WHOIS info, they've been around for awhile

Whew! Okay, I need sleep.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Dude, I have been going through that forum, some messed up things are said there. So, i decided to use open book to check out some of these posters. And guess what? They are all legit Baptist Christians. Some messed up Machete type scenario is going on here.

Baptist Christians of that particular forum Vs. Anybody thought to be a witch.

I really hate to say this but, they are nuking futs.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Sorry to have to admit this. It's a fake Church. I know it's so real and true.
I love how they act so much like Christians it's scary.
Source link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just sent Pastor Isaac Peters this:

Greetings pastor. My name is Brandon and i recently stumbled upon this forum, and specifically this post:

www.landoverbaptist.net...

I understand you had nothing to do with this particular topic, but would you care to elaborate on the seriousness of what was being discussed?

--End--

Will post the response i get in this reply box via editing.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Oh....whoops. Oh well, can't take the message back.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
It wouldn't surprise me. All Christians are like this down inside.
Not surprising one bit.

If anyone had wrote this about Muslims there would be hell to pay, Christians....no-one is bothered!

Read into that what you want but it reeks of hypocrisy and double standards to me.

Some Christians are, just as some Muslims are murdering, barbaric scum.

Oh, and I'm Agnostic and dislike ALL organised religions.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's a joke site. Like The Onion. It's been around for awhile. I have fooled quite a few people into believing it's for real. I think that kind of says something.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Dude's right, if the site was making parody of Islam like this everyone and there brother including the dumb US Pres would be on the airwaves asking for it to be taken down. Might cause "conflict".

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Than how did avatar do it?
I'm confused by your comment here.
I'm so tired.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

All Christians are like this down inside.

Don't spread such nonsense. Not a chance RR. The most I advocate for the worst offender out there is life in prison. I don't believe in killing anyone, and yes, I'm Christian.

~~~~~

That thread was shocking. Those ... people ... are serious, aren't they? I read until page three. I hope they realize how badly they're representing, but I'd say it's been too many years too late. That was absolutely disgusting. I'm considering joining the board (briefly) to give them a piece of my mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Well then a majority of Christians are like that.
O.k? K. Cool!
Yeah!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Bah, that one had me going. I just tracked the comments here to realize it was a joke site. Joke's on me, I guess. Lol

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a parody of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper frequently appears at atheist conventions playing the character of "Pastor Deacon Fred Smith". The website is owned by a company called Americhrist, Ltd.

en.wikipedia.org...

Guess Harper didn't like what he learned at Liberty.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am a Christian and have no problem with witches because I know where they stand.

But if we could change the annual hunt to a hunt for democrats I would like to join.

I would use a male and female young person and lots of cash as bait.

DISCLAIMER********************
The bait will not be harmed in any way.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If anyone had wrote this about Muslims there would be hell to pay, Christians....no-one is bothered!

Thank you freeborn! That's exactly the problem. Christianity has become the *in* thing to bash. I guess it's politically correct to call Christians murderers, inhuman, idiots etc. while it'd be politically incorrect to do the same towards Muslims, Jews and anyone else.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here this Pastor (Deacon Fred) is from this baptist church.
This cant be real.
You got to hear this guy talk.

See that Pastor and listen

edit on 29-10-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

NO! This website is a joke. It's an ex christian, pastor Deacon Fred making fun of the religion. He also has
facebook pages under his name and the landover church. He was a christian for 30 years I believe. When I first saw this website I thought it was for real but, I'm an atheist and i can spot satire when i see it.

top topics

join