It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew as the language of creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We have all heard that G-d spoke the world into existence, yet none would take that literally, anymore than whats already commonly spouted about religion, particularly the abrahamic religions being the tool of despots. But, nonethless, this is a ancient view held by both the ancients of Israel, and Judaism rabbis (and you even find gentiles who share this belief, like Cornelius Agrippa, Jakob Boehme, etc).

The gist of this idea is that every single aspect of language contributes to some aspect of reality. They are broken up into three aspects, each serving as a analogue for its metaphysical counterpart.

There are basically three dimensions when you get down to it. They are,

Time
Space
Soul (or psyche)

The lowest one is time, in that its a feature of this lowest world. Time is often represented in forms, as things occur sequentially, one after the other. This is paralled in Hebrew as the depiction of the letter. Each letters constitution reflecting an archetypal property of the spiritual reality it corresponds to, in a entirely time bound sense, and therefore its shape is a subject of "time".

Next is space. In the kabbalistic schema, space 6 dimensions of East, South, West, North, Up and Down correspond to the 6 "emotional" sefirot. Emotion defines boundaries, and thus we experience these boundaries and constrictions as 6 unique dimension extending infinitely outward. Space exhibits quantity, in that it can be measured (and thus a byproduct of its being formulated by restriction) whereas conversely, time is qualitative, in that every moments brings a change to any given condition. The representation of this dimension in its Hebrew microcosm is Number, which is called in Kabbalistic thought, Gematria (related to the idea of geometry). Thus, Aleph = 1, Bet = 2, Gimel = 3, Yod = 10, Kaf (the 11th letter)= 20, Qof (19th letter) =100, and the final letter Tav, =400. After Yod, the 10th letter, the increments become 10, and after Qof, become 100. This in itself reflects a deep kabbalistic principle.

So we have the form and value associated with each letter. Finally theres the most etheric and essential part to a hebrew letter, its pronounciation. This is the soul (indeed, ruach, wind, also means spirit) extending itself outwards into created reality. In a deeper sense, Hebrew is meant to be the pure language by which man connects with G-d. With every word, man connects with an archetypal spiritual reality, and by proper speech he transmits this quality into physical existence. This is why the Hebrew epithet for Hebrew as a language is "Lashon HaKodesh" The holy tongue. which shares the same gematria as Safat Achat - one language, like the one language that was spoken by mankind before their fall at the tower of babel and the dispersion into 70 archetypal languages.

Hebrew is simply a wonder. The two names associated with G-d, are YHVH and Elohim. The former being the root and essence of reality, and the latter the constriction or judgement, in which we normally experience reality. This name is thus connected to natural processes and laws, whereas the former is connected to the miraculous and transcendent. A remarkable gematria highlights this very intimate connection between the two names, and how, kabbalah explains, the former (YHVH) acts through the latter (Elohim) as light effuses into 7 distinct colours when shot through a prism (in fact, this is why the physical world is always identified with 7. 7 colors, 7 sounds, 7 planets, 7 continents etc). Elohim is 86 in gematria, the same as Hateva - which means both word and nature. Just as a word takes the essential energy poured into it from without and gives concrete expression to it; likewise, 'the spiritual light of YHVH pours into Elohim and gives expression to it through nature. Elohim - 86, is also the gematria of Kli YHVH, "vessel of YHVH", meaning even within the concept of Elohim itself, is the concept of being a container for the spiritual power which works though it.
edit on 29-10-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
no its not.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OP! You're original post is blank!
Fix that when you get online later.
Cool?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

the physical world is always identified with 7. 7 colors, 7 sounds, 7 planets, 7 continents etc).

Last I checked we had 9 planets.... ooooops someone lost Pluto.... make it 8. Unless Neptune or Uranus have been reclassified as Pluto was. Also... we haven't always had 7 continents... unless you think the planet is 12,000 years old.

edit on 29-10-2010 by F011235813 because: messed up quotation

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I would say that Sumerian would have more precedence then Hebrew. I believe that Snowcrash dealt with Sumerian being used to alter reality.. Hmmm, back on subject though I have often talked with people about NLP and how language "creates" our reality and the conversations always seemed to go to the whole Abrahamic religion aspect of "logos" or the word that ushered out Creation. Interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

We have all heard that G-d spoke the world into existence, yet none would take that literally,

Well, as a matter of fact, I do take that literally; those Words, however, being phonetic tones. And there is even some support for such an understanding in theoretical physics having to do with the initial energy of the universe being acoustical ("strings"?)

But, nonethless, this is a ancient view held by both the ancients of Israel, and Judaism rabbis (and you even find gentiles who share this belief, like Cornelius Agrippa, Jakob Boehme, etc).

The gist of this idea is that every single aspect of language contributes to some aspect of reality.

Agreed.

They are broken up into three aspects, each serving as a analogue for its metaphysical counterpart.

There are basically three dimensions when you get down to it. They are,

Time
Space
Soul (or psyche)

This is where we disagree.

The first element is the consciousness Created by God; the second element is 'space' of the 'fallen' consciousness, and the third element is the extension of that conscious 'space' in time through the postulation of thought. These concepts are then projected upon a 3-dimensional 'curved'-space'time reality.

So we have the form and value associated with each letter....

Agreed.

This is why the Hebrew epithet for Hebrew as a language is "Lashon HaKodesh" The holy tongue. which shares the same gematria as Safat Achat - one language, like the one language that was spoken by mankind before their fall at the tower of babel and the dispersion into 70 archetypal languages.

This, I suggest, is a stretch and demonstrates a lack of knowledge as to the meaning of the 10 horns in the Book of Daniel. These 10 horns are phonetic tones.

Hebrew is simply a wonder.

Agreed. But Arabic is a wonder as well. And the English language is also a wonder which I could not describe in several megabytes of descriptions of intermediate phonetic tones, visual masking and expropriation of phonetic tones, etc. etc.

When my Hebrew teacher was learning English, he was utterly horrified at the plurality of phonetic tones that could be written in several different ways, which could only be interpreted in context. This was an important encouragement to pursue my study of visual masking of phonetic tones; which is of major importance in detecting deception.

...as light effuses into 7 distinct colours when shot through a prism (in fact, this is why the physical world is always identified with 7. 7 colors, 7 sounds, 7 planets, 7 continents etc).

These sevens have to do with the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Seven Churches or the seven chakras of kundalini.

Seven colors: red for desire, orange for anxiety, yellow for fear, green for greed/envy/lust for power, blue for sorrow, indigo for annoyance, purple for rage. These pertain to each of the 7 principal ganglia of the sympathetic nervous system, etc.

In any case, I do hope that you will continue this thread.

Mi cha el

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANSPHAR
I would say that Sumerian would have more precedence then Hebrew. I believe that Snowcrash dealt with Sumerian being used to alter reality.. Hmmm, back on subject though I have often talked with people about NLP and how language "creates" our reality and the conversations always seemed to go to the whole Abrahamic religion aspect of "logos" or the word that ushered out Creation. Interesting stuff indeed.

With regards to the graphic under your name:

I disagree with the geometry of the "Tree of Life".

And there is really no need for the snake.

Certain meanings are to be conveyed only through an oral Teaching.

Mi cha el

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You will not find the wonders of gematria in Arabic, Greek or Sanskrit, or any other language.

Hebrew alone possesses this perfected symmetry, which initself is an expression of its divine origin.

Other languages are sloppy in this way. Hebrew, is not. There are simply so many or too many, too count.

For instance, how wonderous is it that YHVH - considered the essence of all reality in kabbalistic thought, when each of its letters are squared, produces the gematria of 'space' Maqom.

You must know that the tetragrammatons 4 fold nature is a pattern which all reality adheres to. When each 'world' is squared, (implying making physical) it produces the word for space! Is this not a mathematical gem? Too amazing to be considered coincidence.

Most would consider this coincidence. But its not. Not when examples like this can be culled left, right and center.

Also, since ancient times Hebrew has been known as the language which only the arch angels of Beriah respond to. Have fun trying to contact them with other languages, they dont listen nor hear. Hebrew is the very archetype, in language, which makes the one speaking them en rapport with the spiritual power associated with its resonance. Hence the popular phrase "AbraCaDabra" is Hebrew for "I create like i speak". Abra being from the root, bara (create) ala Beriah (world of creation)

The Torah describes a dispersion into 70 languages. And the Zohar and other kabbalistic writings discuss 70 archetypal nations which are synonymous with 70 archangelic powers. All these 3 are one and the same. The 70 arch angelic powers are the 70 root forces in creation, being the 7 sefirot with a full 10 array of sefirot. Each nation exhibits a quality or archetype which is a projection of that supernal power. On earth, they appear as 70 different root nations. In Heaven, as 70 archetypal 'collective consciousness', and when one speaks, hes projecting this archetypal power outwards, expressing the unique quality of the spiritual power hes rooted to. Thus, every language has a very interesting philosophical flavor to it. This can be discovered by analyzing word roots etc. Even Greek, possesses an unusual numerology which shows an order. But none of these languages can compare to the brilliance and other worldliness of Hebrew. It just simply is objectively true. A fact. I dont know how to prove this unless by showing you word correspondences and their deep philosophical connections, which in itself eventually convinces one of an archetypal relationship, as opposed to the idiosyncratic philosophical musing of a particular culture. But in any case, you need to read Hebrew to understand this. This does not mean knowing a few hebrew words or even being able to read Biblical Hebrew. It requires a deep probing knowledge of Grammar, gematria, and all the complicated kabbalistic concepts associated with this.

But. Its true. Lashon Hakodesh is Safat Echat(they have the same gematria), the one language, which in itself demonstrates a complete unity because its at one with the creator.
edit on 31-10-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You will not find the wonders of gematria in Arabic, Greek or Sanskrit, or any other language.

That may very well be true. But I would suggest that you don't find the visual masking of phonetic tones in any language as perfectly as it is found in the English language. Neither is this a coincidence.

For instance, how wonderous is it that YHVH - considered the essence of all reality in kabbalistic thought, when each of its letters are squared, produces the gematria of 'space' Maqom.

Well, then, we might have a problem in the definition of "space".

Are we talking about a 3-dimensional 'curved' space or a 2-dimensional 'flat' space, as demonstrated in the opening of the Stargate sequence in 2001--A Space Odyssey, which is a representation of the Vision of the "Son of man", especially in terms of the acoustics and phonetics?

Also, since ancient times Hebrew has been known as the language which only the arch angels of Beriah respond to. Have fun trying to contact them with other languages, they dont listen nor hear.

Now you have crossed the line into racism: that only prayers of those who speak Hebrew are heard.

Even Greek, possesses an unusual numerology which shows an order. But none of these languages can compare to the brilliance and other worldliness of Hebrew. It just simply is objectively true. A fact. I dont know how to prove this unless by showing you word correspondences and their deep philosophical connections, which in itself eventually convinces one of an archetypal relationship, as opposed to the idiosyncratic philosophical musing of a particular culture. But in any case, you need to read Hebrew to understand this. This does not mean knowing a few hebrew words or even being able to read Biblical Hebrew. It requires a deep probing knowledge of Grammar, gematria, and all the complicated kabbalistic concepts associated with this.

Why this driving compulsion to move from uniqueness to superiority?

The structure of each and every language, I would suppose, has its own point of contact with Revealed Truth.

Hebrew is your language. I would not even attempt to know as much as you do about its relationship with Revelation.

Neither to I know Arabic; but I am aware of Sufi mystics who do something similar with the words, letters, and phonetic tones of the Revelations in the Quran.

But my language is English. And no one has yet seen the miraculous meanings that are conveyed by the phonetic tones and their expropriations, intermediate phonetic tones and visual maskings...

Because I have not yet systematized that Knowledge at all. Still too busy enjoying those meanings when I listen to songs, etc.

But I do not claim that English is superior in this regard; merely extremely unique.

Mi cha el

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by F011235813

For that matter, there are only 3 primary colors. And when it comes to continents, it depends on how you split them. If you count Europe and Asia as two separate continents, though they are connected, fine. If you don't, then you are let with 6.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by F011235813

For that matter, there are only 3 primary colors. And when it comes to continents, it depends on how you split them. If you count Europe and Asia as two separate continents, though they are connected, fine. If you don't, then you are let with 6.

Well, the particular natures of the continents is in itself a reflection of their divine template.

Chesed is asia and Tiferet is europe.

The kabbalists explain the tiferet inclines more towards chesed than Gevurah, thus, there really isnt any definitive separation between asia and europe, unless you note the thinning out which begins to occur around the mediteranean.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Now you have crossed the line into racism: that only prayers of those who speak Hebrew are heard.

No, i didnt say that the prayers of gentiles arent heard. Again, im a gentile (or used to be one). Why would i make a comment like that if my entire family is not Jewish? I have a vested interest in my gentile background, and even as a Jew i still feel very connected with my gentile brethern (and will always be).

I said MANIPULATION of the divine archangelic powers, the ofanim, Arelim etc, is only possible through Hebrew. This is very different from simple prayer. Prayer addressed to G-d goes to G-d. And yes, it can direct the divine powers in any direction if your prayers are answered.

However, actually contacting and utilizing the powers, in any way, whether in ascending or decending, depends on chanting of Hebrew names in the proper manner. This is 'magic' not prayer.

Why this driving compulsion to move from uniqueness to superiority? The structure of each and every language, I would suppose, has its own point of contact with Revealed Truth. Hebrew is your language. I would not even attempt to know as much as you do about its relationship with Revelation. Neither to I know Arabic; but I am aware of Sufi mystics who do something similar with the words, letters, and phonetic tones of the Revelations in the Quran. But my language is English. And no one has yet seen the miraculous meanings that are conveyed by the phonetic tones and their expropriations, intermediate phonetic tones and visual maskings... Because I have not yet systematized that Knowledge at all. Still too busy enjoying those meanings when I listen to songs, etc. But I do not claim that English is superior in this regard; merely extremely unique.

Well, i would also agree that every language has a point of contant with the divine, which is why they exist. If they didnt contribute anything worthwhile, G-d wouldnt have inspired them.

But, Hebrew in itself is a medium of the divine. Other languages, including English, are mediums in which man can relate to a conventional reality, not to the reality as it is by itself.

As for Sufism/arabic possessing these dimensions. I highly doubt that. I had spoken with a muslim once who studies sufism and his examples of what Arabic possesses were actually quite inferior compared to Hebrew. This is why Arabic numerology isnt promoted, whereas Hebrew is. The former has nothing on the latter, and well, it would only expose its own lackings in comparison.

Nonethless, as a spoken language, English is very beautiful, as is greek. I will agree to that.

I know you think very little of Rabbis but even the Talmudic Rabbi said that all languages contain a seed of the holy tongue. Aramaic, Sanskrit, Greek, Latin etc. All possess something. Hebrew is not complete. The Torah itself only contains 500 unique roots. The many possible words which could exist in Hebrew are said by the kabbalists to be 'exiled among the nations' or their languages. The process of redemption is through integration, but not every word is integrated. Im not even sure how the process works, but its definitely one in which its inspired from above, an angelic power, and not arbitrary.

All ive said with regard to Hebrew is that its a perfect language that is at one with its source. All of reality derives from its particular arrangements of letters. The Sefer Yetzriah goes into great depth in how this process works.

But, nonetheless, human conventions require words to give expression to them. This is not an essential part of reality, but something which mankind allows to exist by giving words to them.

Hope this makes sense to you.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I said MANIPULATION of the divine archangelic powers, the ofanim, Arelim etc, is only possible through Hebrew. This is very different from simple prayer. Prayer addressed to G-d goes to G-d. And yes, it can direct the divine powers in any direction if your prayers are answered.

Wow.

This does not improve your assertions.

In fact, you have now gone from the frying pan into the fire; or maybe normal fire into the fires of hell.

However, actually contacting and utilizing the powers, in any way, whether in ascending or decending, depends on chanting of Hebrew names in the proper manner. This is 'magic' not prayer.

Double wow.

Well, I have a COMPLETELY different name for it.

Never mind.

Nonethless, as a spoken language, English is very beautiful,

Did I say beautiful?

My study of the expropriation of phonetic tones and the visual masking of phonetic tones in the English language goes a long way toward explaining why English is the language of not merely deception, but genocide; many of those being similar to the phonetic tones of German...

Although, interestingly enough, the phonetic tones of one of the Nazis' favorite chants: "Seig heil" constitutes, in fact, a Prophecy of the utter failure of Naziism. But I would not dare to try to explain this on an Internet discussion group because of the way that people would react.

The Sefer Yetzriah goes into great depth in how this process works.

As I have said before, the Sefer Yetzirah is an absolute gem.

But I do not get the same arrogant 'superiority' schtick from that book that I do from some of your claims.

Mi cha el

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, as just an answer on the topic title...
My teacher in astral travel says on the other level they talk Old Hebrew as the normal language.

HEY!

have nice day.

greetings cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A great web site which includes a new dictionary of the Hebrew Language - and a new interpretation of the bible based on a new insight into what ancient hebrew means.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The correct gematria value of Elohim is not 86 but 50. The number 40 of the letter 'mem' (מ) in Elohim needs to be contracted to 4. This is a deep secret, revealed here, that few Kabbalists know about because, having little insight into the meaning of the ancient Hebrew Godnames and their gematria number values, they follow tradition, which tells them that the gematria number value is the sum of the letter values of individual letters. This is not always the case, and the word 'Elohim' is an example of this exception.

To understood the wondrous, mathematical meanings of the divine names, download the two PDFs on the home page at:
smphillips.8m.com...
To understand how the ancient Hebrew divine names prescribe the mathematical nature of existence from the macroscopic level through man down to the level of subatomic particles, you may find interesting the research material and articles at the above link. They reveal an amazing level of Kabbalah never known before because few Kabbalists are mathematicians. To understood this new dimension of Kabbalah, you will need mathematical ability at a university level and some knowledge of theoretical physics. The author of this work, a theoretical physicist, has at last built the bridge between religion and science that many are seeking.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
The correct gematria value of Elohim is not 86 but 50. The number 40 of the letter 'mem' (מ) in Elohim needs to be contracted to 4. This is a deep secret, revealed here, that few Kabbalists know about because, having little insight into the meaning of the ancient Hebrew Godnames and their gematria number values, they follow tradition, which tells them that the gematria number value is the sum of the letter values of individual letters. This is not always the case, and the word 'Elohim' is an example of this exception.

To understood the wondrous, mathematical meanings of the divine names, download the two PDFs on the home page at:
smphillips.8m.com...
To understand how the ancient Hebrew divine names prescribe the mathematical nature of existence from the macroscopic level through man down to the level of subatomic particles, you may find interesting the research material and articles at the above link. They reveal an amazing level of Kabbalah never known before because few Kabbalists are mathematicians. To understood this new dimension of Kabbalah, you will need mathematical ability at a university level and some knowledge of theoretical physics. The author of this work, a theoretical physicist, has at last built the bridge between religion and science that many are seeking.

Okay.

Do you read Hebrew? The correct gematria of Elohim is 50?

Where in the hell are you getting this stuff.

And as for needing to be a mathematician/physcist.

Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan,author of the popular translation of sefer Yetzirah was a highly acclaimed physicist who wrote many books on kabbalah/chassidut. He didnt deviate from the conventional, and millenia old manner of what value is ascribed to each hebrew letter. Theres actually a highly developed method in how Hebrew words are interpreted which is even followed by gentile 'kabbalists'. Theres also ordinal where each letter is ascribed its value according to its place in the alephbet. Theres a reduction method where each letter is given a number from 1-9. Theres also Atbash, where Aleph is replaced by Tav, Bet by Shin etc. and many other much more abstruse methods. Maybe you should idk, learn to read Hebrew before you give suggestions to people who spend many hours a night involved in this area of study.

Also, Rabbi Yitchak Ginsburgh is a mathematician. He runs inner.org and often utlizes complex mathematical equations between words.. Again, another example of a Rabbi who would shrug at this laughable effort to come off as knowledgeable in Kabbalah because the person making this claim 'knows math and physics'. Im sure that can be helpful. But before that means anything you first need to become completely fluent in Hebrew and traditional kabbalistic texts, which you clearly have never done (otherwise you wouldnt be this audacious in challenging a method which has been used since ancient times. Literally, there are texts from 100 CE penned by Rabbi Akiba which explains the nature and value ascribed to each Hebrew letter)

Explain to me how after yod, kaf = 20, lamed = 30, and than mem all of sudden = 4?. Dalet is 4. Thats not logical increment. If youre gonna challenge mem, why not nun. Maybe nun is 5? and maybe heh, which is 5, is 50.

new topics

top topics

join