It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by Dantas
Fantastic post. I am not 100% sure what we see are "UFOs". The light could be the angle of the nasa craft getting into a position where it can see the reflection of the sun off the objects but I certainly can't debunk this. The formation and way the objects seem to move into position seems intelligent. I am a Christian but have no doubts we are not the only living being in the universe, to think so is arrogant. The Holy Bible does not say we are the only life and in fact does have some passages that can be interpreted as sightings of alien craft.

I just wish the government would finally come out and give up the goods on what they know. I believe society is ready to hear it. Nothing anyone can do about it whether we know or not and that evidence wouldn't change the rules and regulations we live under so I don't see a problem, might even bring us together as a human race. Thats the one thing we all have in common regardless of political or religious beliefs.

Bolded emphasis mine - I get so sick of hearing this argument. I can't speak for all of us "debunkers", but from what I've posted myself and what others have posted - we are not saying that "aliens" do not exist. We are saying that we do not believe these "aliens" are visiting Earth. First off it would seem highly unlikely that faster than light travel is possible and saying that the aliens have a far superior grasp of physics and such is just hopeful conjecture akin to religious faith. And secondly, if we just assume for arguments sake that the aliens are capable of interstellar travel - why are you so arrogant to believe that they must be visiting us?

If the reports are true, then, first of all they MUST have faster than light interstellar tavel mastered, by warping spacetime or by creating a bubble in it or something like that, and second they MUST be visiting us if indeed the reports are true, and why would these astronauts and various other credible witnessnes talk about these ships with anti-gravity capabilities, is it a "ruse" on their part?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I remained silent, for I too have been baffled by that one. In fact, I consider that specific piece of footage to be basically the only hard evidence of something fantastic.

That is the only piece of UFO evidence I've ever seen that leaves no question in my mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
reply to post by Jay-morris

I remained silent, for I too have been baffled by that one. In fact, I consider that specific piece of footage to be basically the only hard evidence of something fantastic.

That is the only piece of UFO evidence I've ever seen that leaves no question in my mind.

By all means, let's restart that thread. See you there!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So no one's gonna tackle my argument?

Buzz is clearly saying that people are gonna want to find out "who put it there." He is unmistakably clear here.

That makes as much sense as looking at Niagra Falls and wondering "who" put it there.

Why is this even up for debate? Only the best get to go into space. Arguably, humanity's best eye witnesses.

If astronauts (plural) are saying that they're seeing weird sh*t up there, then there truly is weird sh*t up there without a doubt.

Eyewitness testimony can convict a man to death, for cripes' sake.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Are you referring to the STS-80 video where multiple objects come in from various angles and form what appears to be a circle? That single incident for me boggles my mind and I have yet to hear any kind of half decent explanation that even remotely comes close to explaining what those objects could be. I've heard people throw out the "ice crystal" theory at that one and it's quite laughable when they do.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would not say that this confirms that aliens are here. All it is is just a few astronauts who, like many of us , think were are not alone. They have seen strange objects in the sky and so have many ATS members.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

No, the one where the object comes in from the lower right, arcs upwards and zips off to the top right. It's likely just a temperature inversion tho, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO.... 1st page of this thread has a few buzz aldrin vids.. I watched them yesterday. He explains what he saw.. and that they double checked with houston to make sure he wasnt seeing one of the shuttle's rockets in the foreground
edit on 29-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

Please consider whether you want to make factual corrections to this statement. You're getting a bit careless, I'm afraid.

....Huh? Did you not watch the videos ? Or are you just trying to start fights ?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well Jim, like i said before, i believe that most of the nasa footage has been explained. Apart from the one i posted. I don't think that has been explained fully, so im going to pop over to that thread and have a good read.

But one thing does bother me about the ufo subject. It seems that all humans are bad witnesess when it comes to ufo's. No matter how close the ufo is, or how long you view it for, you are still a bad witness. I just find this a huge cop out. Yes, i understand that a good portion of sightings are objects in the sky and far away. But what about the cases where witnesess have seen a craft quite close and more than one witness, and i still hear the same old excuse.

It seems there is alot of arragonce and ignorance here. I think some people don't like to leave something as unknown, and thats why we hear the stupid explanations from some people on what the witnesess saw.

Put it this way. If i saw a structured ufo hover above my house for about 10 seconds while i was in the garden, and suddenly it shoots off, you will get people saying "oh, there was a meteor shower that niht, thats what you saw"

It just seems to me that there are too many people out there who just don't want too believe. They say they do, but i believe they love de-bunking so much, they would not change it for anything.

The ufo phenomenon is very real, and very unexplained, and if people can get passed the ET word, then they should be able to see that something strange is going on here.

PS Im writing this on my iphone. So sorry if there are any mistakes

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I bumped This Great Thread It's the STS-80 formation over Africa that I was talking about. It still fascinates me to this day.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by amazing

Yep it's legit ... the debunkers would have you believe its ice crystals , pretty impressive for ice crystals if you ask me

Well it seems you are easily impressed then if thats all it takes what makes you think they are some kind of craft lets here your reasons!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

The term that I have always heard associated with UFO's and used by astronauts when they have had an alleged sighting either when orbiting the Earth or the Moon, was the term "bogey". There has been recorded banter between astronauts and mission control, on a few select missions, and the subject of "bogeys" has came up. If I can find those specific mission recordings, I will post them asap.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think you'll find those quotes to be bogus

Source: The Free Dictionary .com

quote (kwt)
v. quot·ed, quot·ing, quotes
v.tr.
1. To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source.
2. To cite or refer to for illustration or proof.
3. To repeat a brief passage or excerpt from: The saxophonist quoted a Duke Ellington melody in his solo.
4. To state (a price) for securities, goods, or services.
edit on 29-10-2010 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

If what reports are true? That some astronauts believe in alien life? They aren't reporting any first hand evidence of anything extraterrestrial at all - only their belief that there are aliens. None of them are saying that they have verifyable knowledge of alien visitation.
edit on 29-10-2010 by tallcool1 because: clarity

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If what reports are true? That some astronauts believe in alien life? They aren't reporting any first hand evidence of anything extraterrestrial at all - only their belief that there are aliens. None of them are saying that they have verifyable knowledge of alien visitation.
edit on 29-10-2010 by tallcool1 because: clarity

If you are under orders to keep quite about your experiences of UFO's, what are you gonna do?

Support other poeple claims instead.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have Seen all the STS-80 Nasa footage that is available to the public,
this videos are amazing and IMO along with other STS footage including the Formation over africa,
To the Logical minded people, this is 100% proof we are not alone, Face it people, Its true, We are Not alone!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

If the reports are true that they saw an alient craft, or are you suggesting that if they saw such a craft that it must be earthborn, and a type of secret military craft of which they had no knowledge, being the more plausible explanation according to Occam's Razor, since we must assume that faster than light interstellar travel or relocation in spacetime, is not possible by any means, is that about right?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Again I ask, if what reports are true? None of these astronauts have said that they saw any craft. In fact, if you go back to the first page of this post there are quotes from both Story Musgrave (the astronaut in the OP) and Tom Jones (an astronaut on the same mission) that agree with the explanation given by Jim Oberg - who worked for NASA for over 20 years. Go to page 2 of this thread to see the astronauts themselves mundane explanations of what they saw verses the often misquoted quotes attributed to them in the post by DoomsdayRex.

Have you even read this thread or are you just trying to attack someone who doesn't believe the same as you?

Also, Occam's Razor? Which is more logical - human secret craft or super duper magic aliens?
edit on 29-10-2010 by tallcool1 because: edited to add the occams razor part

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Bolded emphasis mine - I get so sick of hearing this argument. I can't speak for all of us "debunkers", but from what I've posted myself and what others have posted - we are not saying that "aliens" do not exist. We are saying that we do not believe these "aliens" are visiting Earth. First off it would seem highly unlikely that faster than light travel is possible and saying that the aliens have a far superior grasp of physics and such is just hopeful conjecture akin to religious faith. And secondly, if we just assume for arguments sake that the aliens are capable of interstellar travel - why are you so arrogant to believe that they must be visiting us?

There are multiple answers to your questions, and I just don't have the time right at the moment to lay it all out, but let me just say from the research that I've done on this issue, that first faster than light "travel" is physically possible and second, one of the primary reasons they may be here is to serve as a type of observational quarantine as we approach the age of high technology. More to follow.. but there's no reason to rule out an alien presence based on those two assumptions.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO.... 1st page of this thread has a few buzz aldrin vids.. I watched them yesterday. He explains what he saw.. and that they double checked with houston to make sure he wasnt seeing one of the shuttle's rockets in the foreground
edit on 29-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

Please consider whether you want to make factual corrections to this statement. You're getting a bit careless, I'm afraid.

....Huh? Did you not watch the videos ? Or are you just trying to start fights ?

If so, it's me and Aldrin against you, who thinks Aldrin flew on a space shuttle.

I think you meant to type 'Saturn rocket hardware'.

Pity that even when asked to check, you didn't recognize the error.

Plus -- the S4B was only one candidate for the object, later flights saw SLA panels -- the quarter-circumference segments of the LM 'garage'. And as photodocumented on later flights as well, hunks of insulation had a disconcenrting tendency to come off and drift by (Apollo-16 images are most striking).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join