It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Forgive me no I haven't reviewed the whole thread in depth, so you're saying they were misquoted and did not see any craft of any kind?, not a saucer with counter-clockwise rotating things, etc.? Oh dear, that is a problem then. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

No, the one where the object comes in from the lower right, arcs upwards and zips off to the top right. It's likely just a temperature inversion tho, lol.

Isn't it a common whine from UFO buffs that their worthy subject is too often treated with ridicule? So just to prove how wrong such an attitude is, you go ahead and copy it for ideas you want to squelch. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
PS Im writing this on my iphone. So sorry if there are any mistakes

Far from it -- it's lucid and reasonable, and a worthy contribution. Thanks.

We can talk these issues elsewhere, I'd like to concentrate on the thread's specific topic for here.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
NASA UFO footage can be seen in a documentary called 'Secret Space.' In some parts Astronauts are talking about what they are seeing. There is even footage of a live TV broadcast where you can actually see what seems like thousands of UFO's purposefully wanting to be seen. There are 2 volumes available and after watching these I have no doubt in my mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by openmind444

The term that I have always heard associated with UFO's and used by astronauts when they have had an alleged sighting either when orbiting the Earth or the Moon, was the term "bogey". There has been recorded banter between astronauts and mission control, on a few select missions, and the subject of "bogeys" has came up. If I can find those specific mission recordings, I will post them asap.

This is the most famous one, and it helps make my point -- only distorted versions of astronaut comments wind up in the UFO literature.

The following is an excerpt from an article "Flying the Gusmobile" about the Gemini missions. Published at "Air and Space" magazine July 14, 1998. www.airspacemag.com:80...

(snipped)

At almost twice the length of Gemini 5, Commander Frank Borman's Gemini 7 mission may have been even more trying, but it grabbed the attention of at least one Hollywood producer.

"Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to 'station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it a 'bogey,' which is an old fighter pilot term. Well, a lot of the UFO freaks on the ground picked this up and said we had seen a UFO because we had referred to our booster as a bogey.

"Just this past year I got a call from a producer at 'Unsolved Mysteries' and they said, 'We read your account about your seeing a UFO on Gemini 7 and would you come on the program?' I told them: 'I'd love to come on your program because I'd love to straighten that out.'

"I explained what it was I saw, and I said, 'I don't think there were UFOs,' and the producer said, 'Well, I'm not sure we want you on the program.' "

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Research you've done? OK, I'm really not trying to sound like I'm mocking you, and I apologize ahead of time if I'm wrong, but for all I know your just some teen-ager in mommy's basement so I'll have to pass on the "research you've done".

Also you say that the aliens have conquered FTL travel and are here on some "observational quarentine" type of visit(?). Is that really more believable than us having secret military space vehicles that the PR NASA astronauts do not know about. Not that I completely believe in the secret space fleet thing either, but it would be far more plausible than the alien scenario you posted. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham

Originally posted by tallcool1

If what reports are true? That some astronauts believe in alien life? They aren't reporting any first hand evidence of anything extraterrestrial at all - only their belief that there are aliens. None of them are saying that they have verifyable knowledge of alien visitation.
edit on 29-10-2010 by tallcool1 because: clarity

If you are under orders to keep quite about your experiences of UFO's, what are you gonna do?

Support other poeple claims instead.

The problem with your line of argument is it starts out by assuming the thesis you are supposed to be trying to prove.

Mitchell and Cooper have made it clear: they were never under any restrictions in discussing what they experienced on their space missions. Are you going to pick and choose what you feel like believing in their testimony?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not that I completely believe in the secret space fleet thing either, but it would be far more plausible than the alien scenario you posted. Just sayin'.

On what basis? (more plausible). Please elaborate on that, and I'll get back to you regarding the "research" as well as more reasons why they might be here at Earth or why they could be motivated to be here of all places they could be.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: ? mark added.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi

Be a dream if a joint effort was made by donations to put up a mini orbiter space station to observe and prove thats there are craft ships up there!!

Only mission is to support proof with no BS,,tired of they take 50,000 photos at a shot and release a 100,,,probly have several cameras and 1000's of hours of footage yet only realese a few minutes here and there???

Nasa's compalins about their budget,,,we lock UFO's on radar,,witness's,the list goes on,,,

all they see is ice crystals and the astronots see these are definatly some tye of craft,,,??

They should prove this!!!,,all they say its ice crystals,,,

when the teather broke on one of the shuttle missions was that a ice crstal 7 blocks long??,,or bigger????,,or 10's of thosands of them the size of elephants that 360 and 90 degree turns and come back 30 seconds later????

we are not getting the truth,,,all they give is a teaspoon but the tax payer pays and help out the cell phone companys,,,

sorry to get mad,,glad we have'm but this saga is getting old with them!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

On what basis? You really think aliens travelling in excess of 186,000 miles per second to come visit our hardly noticible little speck in space is more believable than our govermnent having secret space vehicles and not telling us about them?

According to our government, we didn't have the U2 spy plane either - until those pesky Russians shot down Gary Powers in 1960.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

On what basis? You really think aliens travelling in excess of 186,000 miles per second to come visit our hardly noticible little speck in space is more believable than our govermnent having secret space vehicles and not telling us about them?

According to our government, we didn't have the U2 spy plane either - until those pesky Russians shot down Gary Powers in 1960.

As you'll see from subsequent posts I'll add later, it's no less plausable, and it would seem to me that the debunkers are making a LOT of assumptions, whereas the "believers" are formulating their viewpoint based on all available information and phenomenon according to Occam's Razor. For example, you BEGIN with one assumption regarding space travel, that they must travel in time THROUGH the intervening space between stars, an assumption based on Newtonian combined with Einsteinian Reletavistic physics or 20th century physics. In short you and other debunkers may be ASSUMING too much. Just keep an open mind free from any sort of contempuous bias, prior to investigation, that's about all I'd ask.

"There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and one which cannot fail keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is, contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer, scientist.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: change of word use from probable, to plausible.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We must all be sickendly reminded that saucer shape craft have been experiemnted with and used by humans for some time now. Whether or not they figured out FTL or not depends on how precise their work is. Honestly, I dont see couch potato space craft in our future. What a pity. Come on now everyone, line up for the free money, get you some popcorn and go watch more propaganda lies on the TV.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You know what messes me up with these formations seen from space over africa? It's the question that it creates. Namely, what the heck are they doing? What are they up to? I must believe that they are doing something, not just hanging around looking at the view... They must be accomplishing something or else they wouldn't be there.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
These guys have every form of recording equipment known to man as well as personal gear and yet what did he get? Nothing.
So he's an astronaut? So what. Have the others on his flight come out? No. Any photos? No. Any video? No. And of course the conspiracy is tht anything taken would be deleted.... gee how convenient for those that believe is this stuff.
Think about you if you could travel to other worlds what you would do. We'll it aint' what these suppossed aliens are doing right? No, so ask yourself why? Could it be it's all in our minds ebcuase we watch too much TV?

For Petes sake, it wasn't until stargate came out as a movie that people started believing in them. Gee, maybe Middle Earth really does exist? After all, it's in a movie so it must be real right?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by guavas

No, the one where the object comes in from the lower right, arcs upwards and zips off to the top right. It's likely just a temperature inversion tho, lol.

Isn't it a common whine from UFO buffs that their worthy subject is too often treated with ridicule? So just to prove how wrong such an attitude is, you go ahead and copy it for ideas you want to squelch. Shame on you.

It's entirely fair, to the "debunkers" or I should say, the sceptics, that extraordinary claims, regarding something of such potential significance, requires by neccessity an extraordinary amount of, and a high quality of, evidence, which the UFO buffs, and I'll have to admit that I'm one of sorts, from a satisfactory explanatory and even from a philosophical perspective (as you would be able to tell from my short story in my link), feel is already in existence, in the wheat, sifted from all the chaff - it's there, and I guess our difficulty in relation to the sceptics, is that at core we feel that you, who have also done the research, are being disingenuous, by claiming that no evidence to date (including that of respectable and highly qualified and credentialed individuals, including Astonauts) validates the notion that aliens somehow have made it here and are buzzing our world, and appear to have been, for quite some time, with an apparent spike in activity the moment we entered the nuclear age, as if in letting off a whole bunch of bombs, both test and "LIVE", we "signalled" them to get the heck over here and see just what the F is going on! over at the crazy world we call "Earth" (and at times, it too is a rather lonely place to live!). And now it would seem, if even a mere percentage of the reports are true (extraterrestrial origin of "UFO"s), that "they" are here in DROVES, representing a whole multitide, of species and variations of similar anti-gravity and warp field spacecraft.

Incredulity isn't sufficient however, to form the basis of any argument.

sorry for rambling..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In ":theory" they could even be "reading" ATS!

And so to them if they are "listening" I would therefore like to hereby say, on behalf of Earth and people the world over - WELCOME!

We love you, don't hurt us, don't mess with us, and wherever possible, help us, as may be needed in the final analysis, and in accordance with whatever "Prime Directive" that you obviously adhere to.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The simple facts regards this thread are that Story Musgrave has only opined to Clark McClelland alone of his experiences on STS 80 as to his perception of events. There are no comparable quotes by Musgrave in other interviews as regards STS80 as a subject. This does not make Clark McClelland inaccurate in what he says was told to him by Musgrave, but what Clark McClelland says does have to be weighed against other remarks that Musgrave has said regarding STS80, or rather what Musgrave leaves to what other people say as a more mundane explanation. The "White heat" of technology, just a few decades ago could not have included visitors from outer space just as that same technology cannot include visitors from outer space now. On the other hand, without decent, but basic technology man could not have stood on the moon, and yet there is so much more to know.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The "White heat" of technology, just a few decades ago could not have included visitors from outer space just as that same technology cannot include visitors from outer space now.

Like I said, incredulity in and of itself doesn't cut it, that's not an argument, you also need to show how the entire UFO record, the whole volume of it, and all the evidence presented to date, including all the eye witness accounts, by reliable and highly credible people, does not hold up, and therefore may be cast in doubt, and in particular, those cases which have not been sufficiently explained by conventional explanations ie: swamp gas, Jupiter, ice crystals, etc.

You cannot just say that instantaneous, interstellar travel (if could not occur by any other means ie: by our ordinary conceptions of "traveling through space in time") is IMPOSSIBLE (which we know in the quantum realm cannot be true) and therefore, that the whole record MUST be rejected outright, even in the face of a massive tomb of evidence to the contrary, which would suggest instead that such a physics (antigravity, warp drive capability) DOES exist, and would HAVE to, in order to account for the UFO phenomenon, in its entirety and in particular for certain cases, which combine all manner of evidenciary probabative value.

One this is certain, that IF they ARE here, Relativity does NOT have the last word and is incomplete, whereby a newfound physics of Quantum Gravity contains a loop hole for instantaneous, interstellar travel within a space-time grid (or how would you GET anywhere in particular?).
Question then:
Is there ANY evidence, at this time, however anecdotal, that such a technology is at least in theory, possible?

Because this appears to the principal argument from sceptics - can't get here, not in time, for anything, since the universe is a reletavistic materialist monist framework, of here and there, of space and time, and thus, according to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, such "travel" is utterly impossible, even at 99.99999 % of the speed of light, and, since it is not possible for matter, to travel faster than light, then it's not possible that the UFO phenomenon can possibly be explained in light of that single proof and fundamental assumption.

It cannot be true because the distances are too great, the space between stars, too vast.

Can this assumptive proof by the sceptics, as being inviolate, be shown to be a potentially false assumption..?
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just when you though it was safe to write it all off, along come those pesky Russians and ruin it all..No outlandish claims, just unknown objects floating or manoeuvering around in space that were not ice particles or space junk.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just for clarification

Satellites, broken satellites (some containing frozen animals for some reason), other man-made space junk.
Artist impression by ESA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ffee8caf796.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-10-2010 by UsuallyNot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join