It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Trust Live Video Again 2: Holograms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There is a thread here that shows items and humans being removed from a live broadcast via some cool software.

The scary part is that now "things" could be removed from live broadcast TV to skew our 'reality'.

A government or any other entity including criminals can remove unwanted and incriminating evidence from videos and considering how much police & courts rely on videos, reasonable doubt can now be raised in court cases where video is the main evidence.

But what if they could also add things into "live" broadcasts? How will that also alter 'reality' and court cases?

Wonder no more my ATS friends......

You can now do so with AUGMENTED REALITY!

Is it getting scary yet?

edit on 28-10-2010 by greenovni because: Fixed video link

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When the inevitable next major terrorist attack happens, people are going to be all over this thread and say, they used all this technology lol.

Very interesting though i have to say. The 'truthers' from a certain section of the forum will be on this thread in no time, using it to back up their theories.

Very interesting though I have to say. I didnt realise it would be possible.
edit on 28/10/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
By scary you mean awsome right? I guess when I look at this technology I don't see all the new ways the government is going to try and trick us. I see all of the amazing applications. We are probably 3-5 years away from a world were we will be able to walk around half in this world and half in cyberspace. The technology exists to do this today, but the cell networks are robust enough yet.

If you really want to see a cool technology that will go right along with augmented reality, check out this vid:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
well yes..thats scary..but only cause its realtime..and working so fast...
i normaly need ages on after effects to do this ^^

with a bit more powerfull program you can add easly a plane insteat of something else (hint)

anyway..thats why i didnt watch tv anymore :S

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
When the inevitable next major terrorist attack happens, people are going to be all over this thread and say, they used all this technology lo.

Very interesting though i have to say. The 'truthers' from a certain section of the forum will be on this thread in no time, using it to back up their theories.

Very interesting though I have to say. I didnt realise it would be possible.

At least now you have awakened to the truth that this is indeed possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

If this sort of technology is only just becoming available now for commercial use, there's no real push to say that government agencies/military organisations have had access to this sort of thing for quite a while. I fear for the future and what new technologies might be used against us

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
By scary you mean awsome right? I guess when I look at this technology I don't see all the new ways the government is going to try and trick us. I see all of the amazing applications. We are probably 3-5 years away from a world were we will be able to walk around half in this world and half in cyberspace. The technology exists to do this today, but the cell networks are robust enough yet.

If you really want to see a cool technology that will go right along with augmented reality, check out this vid:

Yes, it is an awesome technology if used for good things. Then again, when was the last time we have heard of any government doing anything good?

I can see the new medical, schooling, training applications this might bring to life but I also can see govs using it for nasty purposes.

Greenovni

"I do not need to be governed. I am not a slave!"

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Indeed very possible, but in my 'opinion', very unlikely.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is very interesting stuff.

You should look into a defunct program called "Paint The Night" that the Army was researching (it is defunct because the brains of the outfit died...in a strange car accident. Look up Mike Muuss....nerds in the forum may recognize the name because of another program he wrote). If you find anything of value, post it here. I have watched it getting scrubbed from the internet for the past 2-3 years. I have the original slideshow saved as .mht files.

The idea was to create a CGI theater so lifelike that you couldn't tell the difference. The next step was broadcasting the technology into real space. The solution? Mist. A large body of mist, like a cloud, could be crafted with enough surface tension to create a canvas with which to create large scale holographs.

Of course, it is a logical tie in to Bluebeam.

new topics

top topics

join