It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All this means is that a large percentage of muslim parents name their children Muhammad.. As in, the variety of first names within the muslim community is smaller than that in the non muslim community.. This has no bearing on the amount of muslims in the country, nor the extent to which they are controlling things and installing sharia law..

Oh the Daily Mail, I see.

link   
reply to post by OllyP

Exactly

"Muhammad" (and it's variations) is the most common given name in the world. This survey doesn't prove that there are millions and millions of Muslims 'invading' our country, all it shows is that within the Muslim faith, the name "Muhammad" is extremely popular.

Nothing more, nothing less.

link   
Let's just rename everybody to TED, and everybody can be happy.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is really a non-issue by any modern civilization standards. I assure you with the world being so small different cultures will by default have to meet. There is a "problem" in my area. A "problem" in your area. Blah. It is news articles like this, and it does not even matter whether the article is true OR false, that actually create dissent and racism.
edit on 27-10-2010 by yoesse because: left concept out theat was integral

link   
I don't see that as true at all. I wouldnt believe a word a tabloid writes let alone the Daily Mail. How did they come about this info? Its complete tosh. It would be typical of the Dily Mail to try and find info like this out so they can turn it into a negative story. There are a large amount of Muslims in this country who abide by our rules and keep their own beliefs to themselves.

Just to clear up, I live in England and I am currently living in my fourth different town. Not only have I have never come across anybody called Mohammed (spelt anyway) or even a large community of Muslims. They exist in England to be sure but not quite as much as people are making out. They are not quite 'taking over England' as suggested by a minority.

Can I just add before I get my usual barrage of abuse that the Daily Mail is a great source of amusements for many a commedian over here. They are a bit of a joke. I wouldn't take anything they say too seriously.
edit on 27/10/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

link   
I bought a few baby name books for my five pregnancies, and I just did a quick look online. For 2009, but its also saying 2010. They don't agree:

www.baby-names-guide.co.uk...

The top boys names were Jack, Harry, Alfie and Thomas, and the girls were Olivia, Ruby, Emily and Grace.

The guardian says this:
www.guardian.co.uk...

Jack remains the most popular boy's name and is joined by Olivia, up two places to gain poll position for the girls. 8007 Jacks and 5317 Olivias were registered in 2008 according to The Office of National Statistics annual ranking of baby names in England and Wales.

The fastest rise in popularity was seen by the girl's name Lexi, which entered the top 100 for the first time, rising 40 places to number 73.

Here is the government stats:
www.statistics.gov.uk...

Boys
Oliver climbed one to become the most popular name for newborn boys. Jack fell to number two after 14 years at the top spot. ...

Notes:

These statistics have been derived from final annual births registration data which includes all live births occurring in England and Wales in 2009.

Baby name ranks previously appearing on the ONS website prior to 2008 were compiled by the General Register Office and were not derived from final annual births registration data. As a result, there may be differences between the GRO ranks previously published and ONS ranks for 1999 published today.

So, there is some kind of agenda going on, behind this other stat, government stats take in account all live births.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobo2099
reply to post by _Phoenix_

do you suffer from a learning disablity? or just trolling? go watch the news or go read a paper for 20 minutes.... wow

You did not give me an example, instead you seem to insult me. Well done.
edit on 27-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the sad thing about people is that they wont see it till its too late

when islam takes over the world... the politicans in their fancy suits and with their little papers wont mean anything

when you go into parts of london there isnt a brit in sight
yes in the west country and rural parts of the uk you dont get as many foreigners, ill be the first to admit that
i have NO PROBLEM with foreigners.. polish, german, american are all welcome here

but when muslims come here, pinch every last penny of welfare, contribute NOTHING , preach hate against us, and excpect US to abide by their culture.. sorry im not going to buy that!

its like the person who plays with the shark, which one day kills them!

islam has only ONE goal.. that is world domination! WHEN WILL YOU REALISE THAT!

just because some muslim `representitive` in a fancy suit sits on the bbc and claims how the extremists dont `represent islam` you seriously going to believe them? they lie!! just like politicians lie!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
I beg to differ;

nameberry.com...
Most poular boys so far 2010 in England.

In fairness, I have looked at numerous different websites on the subject and all have been different. The one similarity is none of them have Mohammed as the top name and most not even the top 100.
edit on 27/10/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

I am so free:

1. HENRY
2. FINN
3. OLIVER
4. JAMES
5. ASHER
6. JACK
7. MAX
8. QUINN
9. JUDE
10. LIAM
11. HARPER
12. FELIX
13. ATTICUS
14. OWEN
15. JASPER
16. KAI
17. MILO
18. NOAH
19. MICHAEL
20. JOHN
21. PHINEAS
22. SEBASTIAN
23. LEO
24. ALEXANDER
25. LEVI
26. RYAN
27. AUGUST
28. HUDSON
29. AUDEN
30. THEO
31. ELLIOT
32. MILES
33. BENJAMIN
34. RILEY
35. RHYS
36. ROWAN
37. DASHIELL
38. ELI
39. SILAS
40. KYLE
41. RORY
42. BECKETT
43. MASON
44. JACKSON
45. LUCAS
46. THOMAS
47. OSCAR
48. EVAN
49. JACOB
50. ETHAN
51. ROMAN
52. ANDREW
53. EDWARD
54. CHARLES
55. GUS
56. DANIEL
57. ISAAC
58. CHARLIE
59. LUKE
60. LOGAN
61. GEORGE
62. DYLAN
63. NATHAN
64. COLE
65. LUCA
66. DAVID
67. EZRA
68. PETER
69. GABRIEL
70. WYATT
71. TOBIAS
72. CALEB
73. REMY
74. DECLAN
75. SAMUEL
76. SAWYER
77. MATTHEW
78. DEXTER
79. CALLUM
80. ELIJAH
81. LIEV
82. ASH
83. HUGH
84. AIDAN
85. JOSEPH
86. ROBERT
87. HOLDEN
88. THEODORE
89. JULIAN
90. IAN
91. SIMON
92. EMMETT
93. EVERETT
94. JONAH
95. CARTER
96. GRIFFIN
97. GAVIN
98. ORION
99. SAM
100.RUFUS

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billymeierprophet
absolutly disgusting

im fed up of islam taking over europe

but no whats that we hear from some politically correct moron `most muslims are moderate and are peaceful` SO PEACEFUL THAT WHERE ARE THEY WHEN THEIR `BROTHER MUSLIMS` ARE PREACHING DEATH TO US.. NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!

im fed up of islam.. politicans need to bloody grow a set and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

um muhammad is the equivilant to the name john

just like lee in chinese is the same as a a smith, or johnson

there is no conspiracy here, geesh poeple

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't see how this is surprising.

Muslims are traditionally more conservative with naming their children, and obviously Mohammad ( whichever variant of spelling is used ) will be the most popular name to give to boys.

Non-Muslim parents give their children all sorts of different names, including Biblical, family, or other made up, portmanteau names.

How many Muslim people have you come across called Kayden or Trevon ?

This isn't some indication of a hostile Islamic takeover in Britain, as some of you may like to believe, but just the result of different cultures' naming customs.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Thats a bogus list as well.
I could go out into any community now and find you a dozen James, Harry, Jack, Max.
But I won't find any Finn's, Ashers, Quinn's or Attica's.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Don't believe everything the Dailyfail comes out with.

There's roughly 800,000 births a year in the UK - so lets say 400,000 boys.

7500 odd is a drop in the ocean - never mind the fact that for reasons only they could tell you, they feel justified in combining the 12 different spellings into one listing (the highest individual tally being only 3,300)

Seems to me that they just couldn't let the opportunity for a sensationalist headline pass.

Also, just to add that you'll find that in a lot of predominantly stronger Catholic countries, names like Mary / Maria or Jesus / Miguel Angel / Joshua etc are much more popular than in the UK, US, Australia etc...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
lol the daily mail is run by idiots lol

The majority of the UK population in 2001 were White (92 per cent). The remaining 4.6 million (or 7.9 per cent) people belonged to other ethnic groups. Indians were the largest of these groups, followed by Pakistanis, those of Mixed ethnic backgrounds, Black Caribbeans, Black Africans and Bangladeshis. The remaining minority ethnic groups each accounted for less than 0.5 per cent of the UK population and together accounted for a further 1.4 per cent.

So unless the white population is naming their kids muhammed.....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by billymeierprophet

when you go into parts of london there isnt a brit in sight
yes in the west country and rural parts of the uk you dont get as many foreigners, ill be the first to admit that
i have NO PROBLEM with foreigners.. polish, german, american are all welcome here

but when muslims come here, pinch every last penny of welfare, contribute NOTHING , preach hate against us, and excpect US to abide by their culture.. sorry im not going to buy that!

its like the person who plays with the shark, which one day kills them!

islam has only ONE goal.. that is world domination! WHEN WILL YOU REALISE THAT!

just because some muslim `representitive` in a fancy suit sits on the bbc and claims how the extremists dont `represent islam` you seriously going to believe them? they lie!! just like politicians lie!

Interesting, if you don't mind, let me remind you of your Introduction post.

"hello im new
im originally from switzerland
i believe ets have come to earth since the begining of time

but it is nothing to be afraid of!

i have many pictures of ufos and orbs, and some of ets

humanity will soon be ready for the first contact

the world must stop the hate and division and come together as one

thank you and look forward to contributing to this forum"

If this is correct, this means even you were not originally British. Yet you get all riled up if a Muslim lives here too?

You also talk about stopping hate and division and coming together as one.
LOL how ironic!

I think you need to reread your introduction post, I'm not really seeing the connection here.

Do you think that maybe you could love a muslim too?
edit on 27-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OllyP

Thats a bogus list as well.
I could go out into any community now and find you a dozen James, Harry, Jack, Max.
But I won't find any Finn's, Ashers, Quinn's or Attica's.

I am not so sure:
Asher - 0.08% -> www.nameplayground.com...
Quinn - 0.08% -> www.nameplayground.com...
Finn - 0.035% -> www.nameplayground.com... (100% under the age of 10 years)

Jack - 0.004% -> www.nameplayground.com...
Harry - 0.015% -> www.nameplayground.com...
Max - 0.15% -> www.nameplayground.com...
edit on 27-10-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It has been the most popular name since at least 2003. when my son was born in that year me and my gf went to register him and on the wall was a chart of the most popular names that year. muhammad was top of the list.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Calm people....Calm....I have the answer.

Obviously the majority of Britain is just more original then we could have hoped for,

Nearly 800,000 children born in the UK in 2009 and we are upset that 2% of boys had the same name?

Clearly this is just a show of the hope these citizens have for the coming of a new messiah?

But it is so easy for many of us to assume that it means that they desire to cause us harm.

A name is a name....Lets judge by action instead.

-G

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Like most things on the internet, if you search hard enough, you will find what you are looking for.
I'm going from life experience.
I've never met a Finn and don't believe they exist outside of Ireland. lol
I know of a couple of Asher's but they are girls.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join