It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitman: "Why I came to California"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This is not a competition!! Do not post other political videos you think are 'best'

Jerry Brown did not smear anyone, he did not use any negative words and was clear with his point which was actually made by his opponent. Meg Whitman accidentally said California was best 30 years ago in the early '80s and that was when Jerry Brown was governor. I can't help but want to be a fly on the wall in her campaign room.
edit on 10/26/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

that was a great ad nothing negative whatsoever and stuck to issues.

but man even if she wins its not so simple to change california the left wing runs that state and they have massive support with the blind masses.

nothing can be done with one person leading the charge such as being governor the change needed will require commitment and sacrifice of all california residents.

doesnt matter whose elected until that happens the governorship of california is nothing but being being a puppet.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Left Wing? I though our terrible governor was a Right Wing Republican. As well his terrible cabinet.
Yep! California is total Left Wing now!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

arnold is a r.i.n.o. so please.

you are forgetting who writes state laws

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Only 63% of California House & Senate combined is Democrat, compare that to 90% in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

California is not as left-wing as people think. New England is by far the most liberal region of the country with their townhall government(citizens of the town converge to vote on budget and other issues).

en.wikipedia.org...

California:

Senate:

D-24
R-16

House:

D-50
R-29
I-1

Total = 63% Democrat
edit on 10/26/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

demonizing the entire state of California as 'liberal' is an old approach used by the social-conservatives to blur the issues and avoid looking at specific instances.

anyone who has actually lived in rural CA knows it is not a very liberal place.

some counties havent voted Democrat in decades.but pointing that out would ruin such sweeping generalizations.

edit on 26-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

historic record was the point i was trying to make and dependent on what was passed in the senate and house

lawmakers only pass for today and give no thought whatsoever to the future and population growth factors,

as well as any state resources that change with time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sorry but I believe this is the greatest political ad ever.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I submit that you are also mistaken, and that this particular ad from the WNC BCGOP is the best ever.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

this is my alltime favorite ad

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That was a great ad. I would like to mention another political ad from the 60's. Edmund Brown, Jerry's father, was running for another term as governor opposite Ronald Reagan.

The scene was Gov. Brown standing in front of a movie theater with "Now Playing Ronald Reagan" on the marque. The was an African American child, 10 or 11 years old, standing in front of him. He bent down and said "son did you know that an actor killed Abraham Lincoln?"

I seem to remember that this ad ran a total of twice before Brown's people felt the heat and pulled the ad. This ad has to rank right up there. Any members in their 60's remember the ad?

Disclaimer: The exact words are as I seem to remember them. If they are not exact it is the gist is the same.

P.S. Chicago columnist Mike Royko (sp?) always referred to Governor Jerry Brown as "Governor Moonbeam"

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ya know, for being born and raised in Norcal I am very conservative by Cali standards (But here in ID I'm very liberal...go figure!)

I loved that ad in the OP. One of the most straightforward, nonbashing ads I have ever seen in politics. I really really hope California elects Moonbeam. I like Brown cause he's the kind of person where what you see is what you get, and if you don't agree with everything at least you know where the guy stands. He doesn't run campaigns from behind cue cards and talking points. He puts himself out there, and yes, he's human like us and misspeaks and expresses imperfect opinions.

BUT

No one can deny that that man is sharp as hell when it comes to economics. When he was governor he did do what the ad said, and more. He was constantly pressuring and challenging departments to cut spending, save money. I really think he could be California's saving grace at this moment in history.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Sadly, I agree. I hope he'll be better this time around.

But hey, if he did dated Linda Ronstadt his cool-factor is high.

Peace..........yak055h

top topics

join