It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
what does your religion say about lust/sexual thoughts?
what have the saints in your religion said about lust?

any wise words you'd like to share?

thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. -Matthew 5:28 KJV

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So adultry is a mortal sin right?....so every man on earth has commited this and is going to hell....Heaven is nothing but women...i guess thats why its called heaven..lol just a thought

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. -Matthew 5:28 KJV

funny, this has bothered me for quite some time now. What about dreaming?. (was going to do a thread on this) Unconsciously, If I dream about adultery have I sinned?

edit on 26-10-2010 by oliveoil because: wrote post instead of thread

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

oliveoil,

No doubt if that dream was with another than your betrothed it would probably show where your heart is really at or Satan got in the dream some way and in either case the safe path would be to go the one who is our salvation and ask for help and forgiveness if our mind and heart where running away. I think most know what you are saying as it has happened to most.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1 2 3

1 2 3,

Lust when concieved is self gratification. Who hasn't been caught up in it. Satan weaves a subtle web and catchs most and unless we are rescued his web will hold us until we are devoured.

KJV. 1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Jesus, Yahshua will only have a chaste bride, she dare not be drawn away by lust and commit adultry, He compares it to the marriage relationship because it is so important to us also to have a faithful spouse.

The great thing is He will dwell in us and then we have power to walk on the straight path. Satan is already a defeated foe when He dwells within. As you know He overcame the devil as one of us taking no power but that we then have.with Him within.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC
So adultry is a mortal sin right?....so every man on earth has commited this and is going to hell....Heaven is nothing but women...i guess thats why its called heaven..lol just a thought

Mortal sin? Sin is sin, anything that falls short of the glory of God. Jesus said any sin will be forgiven of men except the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would like to make a statement here if possible...

I would say we are on the right track with this one. Matthew 5:27-28 states:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. "

The whole idea here is that those who believed they have kept the law by not committing adultery physically would realize that by keeping the law would not justify them in the sight of God. Back then, if one claimed they kept the whole law, they thought by their works and deeds God would be pleased with them. However, when Jesus came on the scene, he introduced to those "law keepers" something more. He was after their heart. We know that Jesus did not come to "abolish the law" but came to "fulfill it". If this is the case, then we have to weigh the scriptures in balance. For example:

If you claim to be a "good person" and think that by your deeds God will be pleased with you, according to the scriptures, this is fruit of self-righteousness. Well, because Jesus knows that there is nothing we have done to secure our salvation by obeying the law(s), then He knows he has to go after the heart. Sin originates from the heart, then expressed through our emotions using free will. Although committing the actual act and thinking the thing in your heart is two different things, God is showing us that we are not exempt from sinning just because we have not done the thing physically.

Let's put it this way: If someone commits adultery physically, the thought originated from the heart. It's not that we realize we have all done this so we can now face hell, it's that you would not know how forgiven you are except you know that you are most sinful. The only prerequisite I can find in scripture to getting our sins forgiven, is to know how sinful we are. You can't agree with God you've sinned if you do not know you are a sinner. Forgiveness of sins just does not happen that way.If we think we have not sinned, because we have not performed certain acts, then our hearts are not prepped for grace, therefore we would be rejecting God's free gift of salvation which would in turn put us in hell. If you want to know more about that, I wouldn't mind having more of a conversation on this topic.Talk to you soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey, someone who's actually read what the Bible says about sin!

I'm not typically one to agree with you, but I agree. The only sin that's unforgivable is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

top topics

join