It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who "Owns" The Moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
hey zorgon
who ownes the builderburgers?

Hmmm good question. I should trace their origins

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
By a United Nations decree all inhabitants and nations on Earth have an equal claim to the Moon as it belongs to everyone on Earth!

United Nations?Who are they? Pfft They can't even muster a decent Alien Ambassador. All we need to do is point that particle beam at UN Headquarters and POOF 9/11 phase 2

As to those who bought a piece of moon land, did you read the fine print? Says you must occupy and develop the land within 5 years or it defaults. Kinda the same way it works hereon Earth with land grants.

In other words "Use it or lose it!"

Now if anyone managed to buy a chunk of Copernicus or Aristarchus... lets talk

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
The moon treaty thing will soon be abolished once a govenrment such as th US want to claim off world lands.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Ever hear of squatters rights? Put a few bases up there, a couple phaser cannons and who is going to contest you being there? And while they sort it all out, that HE3 is being strip mined, liquified (as Joe said) and being sent into storage in near earth space.

US PATENT 5,092,545

Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank

Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

ABSTRACT

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

It's called the Aquila Cargo Transport...

SPACE TRANSPORTATION FOR A LUNAR RESOURCES BASE (LRB)
Hubert P. Davis, Starcraft Boosters, Inc.
1032 Military Drive
Canyon Lake, TX 78133
Lunar and Planetary Institute, Round Table of Space Reources
Read this carefully... look between the lines... there are a LOT of verifiable leads in here
www.lpi.usra.edu...

There are several THOUSANDS of papers here on lunar mining, but we are only allowed access to the meeting abstracts, not the full reports. Try this one too

The Northern Centre for Advanced Technologies Inc. (NORCAT), in partnership with Electric Vehicle Controllers Ltd. (EVC), is presently engaged in the development and adaptation of existing mining technologies and methodologies for use extra-terrestrially as precursor and enabling technologies for ISRU and for use as ISSE in support of longer term missions.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Starcraft Boosters, maker of the Aquila..
www.starbooster.com...

The CEO of that company is Buzz Aldrin
buzzaldrin.com...

So that United Nations 'treaty'?
Well just WHO is going to enforce it?

edit on 26-10-2010 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did you know that The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 forbids any government from claiming a planet like the Moon, but didn’t mention whether private individuals can claim some for themselves?

That is completely true…. so back in 1980, an American called Dennis Hope filed his claim to the Moon with the Russian and American governments… and neither superpowers have contested it since.

Since then Dennis has sold hundreds of thousands of acres of the Moon to owners all over the world… and now you can have your very own piece of Moon too!

i purchased an acre of moon for my dad as a birthday present this is how i came across this information.
edit on 26-10-2010 by sparks2010 because: added info

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ZORGON you are the man with a plan, bro! Are you like, a paralegal by day--and ATS Zorgon by night?
You're like the ATS Encyclopedia.
Zorgo-pedia of the Red Dragon Aquila Cargo Transport.

You are my official factoid go-to guy

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sparks2010

Wow, I'm having deja vu....."loves a conspiracy" who commented on page 2 of this thread must have anted up for some moon real estate for their dad too. With the exact same company you did.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

zorgon is the man
lol

he is very knowledge able
and quick off the mark
mabey he bought the moon before any one else could?

xp

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

and quick off the mark

Quick seems to be an understatement.
Zorgon, aka "Zorgo-pedia of the Red Dragon Aquila Cargo Transport" or "ZORDACT" for short, is stunning in his lightning-Google reflexes.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No one seems to have much input on what a considerable amount of activity (building, mining, etc) could have on the moon's gravity relationship with the earth.

Surely that could be a possibility?
And please save the smarta$$ replies like, "Yeah, it's also a possibility that the moon could be made outta fromunda cheese..."

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

there is some speculation that the moon rang like a bell when nasa dropped the lunar recovery vechicle onto it after one of their missions
rung like a bell?
yes for an hour
what makes you think the moon hasnt been mined out already?
i mean one side always faces earth could this be from too much mineing ore from the far side?

lol

zorgarific whats your thoughts?

interesting topic is the moon

XPLodER

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
man who sold the moon

Harriman seeks to avoid government ownership of the Moon.[2] As it passes directly overhead only in a narrow band north and south of the equator, he uses a legal principle that states that property rights extend to infinity above a land parcel. On that basis, Mexico, Central and parts of South America, and other countries in those latitudes around the world, have a claim on the Moon. The United States also has a claim due to Florida and Texas.[3] By arranging for many countries to assert their rights Harriman persuades the United Nations to, as a compromise, assign management of the Moon to his company.

a beautiful outline of how to....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It seems to me the USA is "behaving as-if" they own it, if they consider it perfectly acceptable to go drop a small bomb on it just to see what happens. If they considered anybody else (on earth) to own it, that'd be a declaration of war. So either the USA thinks it owns it, or still considers it up for grabs by whomever can reach it.

RC

P.S. they published the water info in 1996, really?? Got a ref??

P.P.S. I just heard recently about the water thing but the event was a couple years ago. Was I just out to lunch? Or did they actually wait nearly two years to tell us something?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OK, Folks. Let's try to stay in the ball park, please.

Who "Owns" The Moon?

TIA

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am sure if anyone "owns" the moon, they can't be human.

No earthling should claim any ownership upon such a thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo
P.S. they published the water info in 1996, really?? Got a ref??

Q: That translates to what in volume?
A: We were very conservative in the press release, but if you take basically 100 square kilometers by roughly 50 feet, you get a volume of something like a quarter of a cubic mile, I think it's on that order. It's a considerable amount, but it's not a huge glacier or anything like that.
Q: Can you compare that with something you know?
A: It's a lake. A small lake.

Tuesday, December 3, 1996 - 1:45 p.m.
Subject: Discovery of Ice on the Moon
www.defense.gov...

You can bet that the Pentagon thinks they own that lake

P.P.S. I just heard recently about the water thing but the event was a couple years ago. Was I just out to lunch? Or did they actually wait nearly two years to tell us something?

The "Bomb the Moon Mission" LCROSS and LRO launched on Thursday, June 18, 2009 so over a year ago.. but I know what you mean. I looked at that date and said WTF? It was just a few month's ago.... So either I went into a time vortex or something is seriously wrong with time

edit on Tue Oct 26 2010 by Jbird because: added end quote tag

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The "Bomb the Moon Mission" LCROSS and LRO launched on Thursday, June 18, 2009 so over a year ago.. but I know what you mean. I looked at that date and said WTF? It was just a few month's ago.... So either I went into a time vortex or something is seriously wrong with time

Haha, you're getting old.

Time is fine. I've had my watch on all year, so I know these things.

....you's gettin' olde.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Screw the US, Russians, china and whoever, whoever decides to set up camp there and call the moon home and look afetr it better than we look after earth should have the right to own it. unless the aliens are already doing that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join