It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Baikal - UFOs Neutrinos & Circles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Exhibit One

Lake Baikal, Russia

Lake Baikal is a very strange place. It is a very deep lake, one could almost say bottomless
It is the home of many unexplained incidents
Lets start with a few..

Lake Baikal: Russia Reveals UFO Encounters

by Jordan Yerman |July 28, 2009 at 07:43 am

Lake Baikal, the world's deepest lake, was the site of several UFO encounters, according to the Russian navy.

Declassified records going back a generation reveal several encounters with what are described as UFOs. Only a year ago were scientists were able to reach the bottom of Lake Baikal, located near the border with Mongolia.

In one case in 1982, military divers training at the lake said they spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silver suits at a depth of 50 metres.

They tried to catch the visitors but three of the seven men died in the process, while four others were severely injured in the incident, according to the records.

Source: news.sky.com

The records describe enounters not only with humanoid figures beneath the water, but also unidentified vehicles moving too quickly to be naval vessels.
Vladimir Azhazha, former navy officer and a famous Russian UFO researcher, says the materials are of great value.

“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water,” he said.

Source:
Lake Baikal: Russia Reveals 'UFO Encounters'

Original Source:
Russian Navy UFO records say aliens love oceans

More Info
UFOs 'Prefer Water' For Close Encounters

Putin's visit to Lake Baikal in Siberia UFO
Italian
English

Putin is immersed in the Baikal looking for gas crystals
Italian
English

Russian PM Putin dives to bottom of Lake Baikal
en.rian.ru...

edit on 25-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Exhibit Two

Lake Baikal is also home to the Baikal Neutrino Telescope

The underwater neutrino telescope NT-200 is located in the Siberian lake Baikal at a depth of approximately 1 km. Deployment and maintenance of the Baikal detector is carried out during the winter months, when the lake is covered with a thick ice sheet. From the ice surface, the optical sensors can easily be lowered into the water underneath. Once deployed, the optical sensors take data over the whole year and the data taken are permanently transmitted to the shore over electrical cables.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

DESY Zeuthen Home Page
nuastro-zeuthen.desy.de...
edit on 25-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Exhibit Three

Deep in the heart of Siberia lies one of the world’s largest lakes and one of its seven underwater wonders.

This is Lake Baikal whose crystalline waters contain a whole strange eco-system, where gigantic amphipods live in a forest of green sponges, and where a Russian live-aboard now offers an adventure of a lifetime.

www.xray-mag.com...

Lake Baikal has it's own Monster stories, but not much detail available that I have found yet

Located in Southern Siberia, Russia, Lake Baikal, with a maximum depth of over 5,300 feet and an age of roughly 25 to 30 million years, is the deepest and one of the oldest lakes in the world. Lake Baikal is the world’s largest lake by volume and holds 20% of the world’s fresh surface water as well as reports of a mysterious Lake Monster. The Lake Baikal Monster is described by some as being a sturgeon like creature while others have likened it to a giant Pinniped, or large marine mammal.

www.unknownexplorers.com...

BAIKAL LAKE MONSTER: (RUSSIA)
americanmonsters.com...

BAIKAL LAKE MONSTER

Located in Siberia near the Mongolian border, Lake Baikal is the largest freshwater body of water in the world. With a reported depth of well over 4,911-feet, this colossal lake is credited with holding over twenty percent of the planet's fresh water, and harboring more endemic species of flora and fauna than any other lake on the face of the Earth. Surrounded by steep mountains and dense forests, this remote area seems perfectly suited to harbor a mystery of immense proportions... and indeed it does.

forum.paranormalborder.com...

Journey To The Bottom Of Lake Baikal
www.cryptomundo.com...

Das Monster vom Baikal - The monster of Baikal
Source of the pollution"
www.flickr.com...
edit on 25-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have read about the underwater encounter before. Has this ever been validated? Or was it just made up. I'd like to believe it

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Exhibit Four

Circles in Thin Ice, Lake Baikal, Russia

NASA captures odd Circles in Thin Ice, Lake Baikal, Russia
Posted May 25, 2009

Late in April 2009, astronauts aboard the International Space Station observed a strange circular area of thinned ice in the southern end of Lake Baikal in southern Siberia. Siberia is remote and cold; ice cover can persist into June. The upper image, a detailed astronaut photograph, shows a circle of thin ice (dark in color, with a diameter of about 4.4 kilometers); this is the focal point for ice break up in the very southern end of the lake. A sequence of MODIS images indicates that the feature was first visible on April 5, 2009.

Baikal contained another, very similar circle near the center of the lake above a submarine ridge that bisects the lake (ice circles are indicated by arrows in the lower MODIS image from April 20). Both circles are visible through April 20, 2009. Clouds cover the center of the lake until April 24, at which point the circular patch of thin ice was becoming a hole of open water. Similar circular ice patterns—although not nearly as distinct—have been documented in the same central area of the lake in April 1994 (during the STS-59 Shuttle mission) and in 1985 (during the STS-51B Shuttle mission).

While the origin of the circles is unknown, the peculiar pattern suggests convection (upwelling) in the lake’s water column. Ice cover changes rapidly at this time of year. Within a day, the ice can melt almost completely and freeze again overnight. Throughout April, the circles are persistent: they appear when ice cover forms, and then disappear as ice melts. The pattern and appearance suggest that the ice is quite thin. The features were last observed in MODIS images on April 27, 2009.

What can cause convection, bringing warmer waters to the surface? Hydrothermal activity and high heat flow have been observed in other parts of the lake, but the location of this circle near the southern tip, over relatively deep water, is puzzling.

Lake Baikal is unique in many regards. It is the largest (by volume) and deepest (1,637 meters at the deepest point) fresh water lake on Earth. It is also one of the world’s oldest lakes (25-30 million years old); sediment deposited on the bottom is up to 7 kilometers deep. The lake’s long, thin, and deep shape results from its location in the Baikal Rift Valley.

As a United Nations World Heritage Site, Lake Baikal is considered one of Russia’s environmental jewels. It is home to an amazing array of plants and animals, many of them unique to the ecosystem. The lake’s biodiversity includes fresh water seals and several species of fish that are not found elsewhere on Earth.

MODIS Courtesy NASA
download large MODIS image (2 MB, JPEG) acquired April 20, 2009

ISS Courtesy NASA
download large ISS image (376 KB, JPEG) acquired April 25, 2009

SOURCE: NASA EARTH OBSERVATORY
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Awesome thread, I've never heard of this lake before and now have something to research tomorrow.

Also, now have viable excuse to go to Russia

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
From only perusing your OP, this looks to be the start of a great thread zorgon!

I remember a show on History or Discovery bringing up the subject of these 'ice circles' & their origins.

One of the proposed explanations was that the water current was being directed into an inlet or channel along the river/lake edge, thus circling under the ice and creating a circular column of spinning water that eventually caused friction to break through to the ice surface creating a perfect circle.

The thing about this instance is the depth of the water. How could there be a current in this area strong enough to cause this effect?

If you addressed this issue already, I apologize for a premature post, as I'm looking forward to reading this in it's entirety in the morning!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The way you lay your threads out is awesome.
Your not into web design are you?
Have they ever sent anything to the very bottom of the lake if it could withstand the pressure?
I always wonder why the government doesn't open an organisation to explore these unknown places, I'm sure people would love to find out. Unless they already are aware of the activity below the surface.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
Your not into web design are you?

Just my own site

Have they ever sent anything to the very bottom of the lake if it could withstand the pressure?

MIR-1 and MIR-2 mini subs at least

I always wonder why the government doesn't open an organisation to explore these unknown places, I'm sure people would love to find out. Unless they already are aware of the activity below the surface.

Well... it's in Siberia, Russia for one

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The 'dark spot' discovered in Lake Baikal is explained here....assuming it is the one depicted in the photos by OP'er?

www.science20.com...

And another explanation....

www.livescience.com...
edit on 26-10-2010 by annella because: Another pertinent link

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
The 'dark spot' discovered in Lake Baikal is explained here....assuming it is the one depicted in the photos by OP'er?

I can't believe you just 'debunked' those circles using 'swamp gas'

But experts say they can explain the mystery, and it's not aliens — methane gas rising from the lake floor represents the likely culprit.

www.livescience.com...

But thanks for the links... just one more oddity of that place

the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Moscow Institute of Oceanology and the Irkutsk Institute of Geochemistry and what they found was not the usual natural seepage but rather a 1500-feet-high fuel spray, consisting of gas, oil and bottom water.

www.science20.com...

Odd indeed

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by annella

I can't believe you just 'debunked' those circles using 'swamp gas'

But experts say they can explain the mystery, and it's not aliens — methane gas rising from the lake floor represents the likely culprit.

www.livescience.com...

But thanks for the links... just one more oddity of that place

the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Moscow Institute of Oceanology and the Irkutsk Institute of Geochemistry and what they found was not the usual natural seepage but rather a 1500-feet-high fuel spray, consisting of gas, oil and bottom water.

www.science20.com...

Odd indeed

Debunking was my game! You thought otherwise??
And whether I have achieved that is another matter......
Still.....I am sure Lake Baikal has heaps of mysteries to keep us all busy with our various theories.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Bumping here, I need more information on this please.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I Flagged the thread 2 times. But ATS just stole one of it...
This one goes in my interesting favorits folder

I am at work now, but tonight I check al the links.

I remember a simple "saying" (its part of an old dutch? joke), when looking to the sea.
"And remember, you only see the upper side of it"
And for most people , outside ATS I guess
, that is true, a lake or sea is just that flat liquid thing with some waves.

hola!
edit on 17-11-2010 by Lunica because: declassified

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Putin takes submarine dive to depths of Lake Baikal.
www.france24.com...

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin plunged to the bottom of Lake Baikal in Siberia aboard a mini-submarine in a highly publicised media stunt. Putin dived to a depth of around 1,400 metres and returned to the surface after four hours underwater. By News Wires (text)

And....
Lake Baikal: Russia Reveals 'UFO Encounters'

Lake Baikal, the world's deepest lake, was the site of several UFO encounters, according to the Russian navy.

Declassified records going back a generation reveal several encounters with what are described as UFOs. Only a year ago were scientists able to reach the bottom of Lake Baikal, located near the border with Mongolia.

And...

In one case in 1982, military divers training at the lake said they spotted a group of humanoid creatures dressed in silver suits at a depth of 50 metres.They tried to catch the visitors but three of the seven men died in the process, while four others were severely injured in the incident, according to the records.

www.nowpublic.com...

Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water!

What about the KURSK Submarine incident.......... ?

edit on 17-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ice circles are on top of land circles of impacts from outer space.
Check Velikovsky on cosmic activity involving the Earth before -600 before the AD.

Russia got UFOs, saucers and Foos at the same time and place the US found them
by the German development labs by the Baltic.

Neutrinos are thought to be removed from metal under the high voltage if Tesla
at least according to Mr. Lyne. Apparently letting people go near anything the
Tesla way is forbidden but should help in detection by looking for voltage sources
in space.

Yeah monsters and we believe what that say when they can't say what I just said.

top topics

join