It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to lead a spiritual life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What is the best way to lead a spiritual life? Is it daily scripture reading? Prayer? etc?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

You can't be spiritual unless you know the only spirit you have control of....yours. Meditation to start....you'll know what step is next. Proper meditation can yield a good number of answers

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I personally believe that most religions and most philosophies will lead you to the same source if you are sincere and honest to yourself. Read a little bit of every belief system and find what feels good to you. Don't dwell too much on the doctrine, the dogma, or the messenger... the message is what is important.

I'll share some tips from my opinion. (In no particular order)

• Truly appreciate life in the moment. Do not dwell on regret or pain from the past, and do not dwell on worry and uncertainty of the future.

• Find the beauty in all things and all people. It is self-destructive to dwell on negative aspects of existence.

• If you have belief in a Creator, pray to ask for help and strength. Ultimately it is you that must "work," but it never hurts to ask for a little assistance. Constantly be appreciative of life and existence, give thanks to Creator for all things.

• Meditate, contemplate, and quiet your mind. Give yourself "quiet time" where you just relax your mind.

• The Golden Rule. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

• Exercise, stay active. Don't fall in to being lazy.

• Keep your mind strong by learning something new when you can. Never stop learning from the cradle to the grave.

• Eat healthy foods. Avoid fast food, junk food, processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, too much salts, sugars, and fats. Also, try to eat organic and stay away from GMO foods whenever possible.

• Fast occasionally or regularly. 2 non-consecutive days a week at maximum if done regularly. Learning to control your stomach will help you to control your thoughts, words, and actions.

• Be mindful of your thoughts. Your thoughts are more powerful than many care to realize. When anger, hate, fear, envy, jealousy, etc. pop up, consider the thought and actively combat it with a caring, loving, or understanding thought instead.

• Ultimately, YOU create your perspective and life. Cultivate negativity and you'll have a miserable life even when nothing is wrong. Cultivate positivity and you'll have more peace and happiness when faced with troubles.

Spirituality is about finding Peace and Happiness. Find what works for you. Hope this helps a little. May you find your way

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
question...what making you want to become spiritual? is it religion you're looking into? or self awareness? i wouldn't say scripture reading gets you any spirituality, but thats just me. i'm a very spiritual person and have only read very little of the bible...SOMETIMES i turn to it for guidance, but not so much anymore. my own beliefs are that it will come to you when you're ready. i have had certain experiences that has given me unshakable faith and spirituality, where i was a believer before, but now i KNOW

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm trying Buddhism out but I tend to keep leaning back towards Christianity. Buddhism doesn't require a belief in God and they don't believe in a soul, which I do. I'm just trying Buddhism out, I doubt I will stick with it for the long term.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

it never hurts to have all kinds of insight from different religions. personally i wouldn't choose a religion to base your spirituality off of, and just go with your gut instinct when it comes to the greater good and the higher power (i just call it God)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 14:1
Follow after charity, and desire SPIRITUAL [gifts], but rather that ye may prophesy.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I understood what the Gnostics were getting at with their idea of the Demiurge and the illusion of reality. When i came to accept of the "god within" and our responsibility of leading a life free from drama, i realised that i was on the spiritual path.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

TinFoilHatMan55,

I rather believe you had the answer in your question but wanted to see what others response would be. Yes very solidly so we must feed on His Word constantly and grow, there is no standing still, we are either gaining or we are losing ground, Spirituality. The following verse helps to understand to stay connected.

KJV Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The branch dies if it don't stay connected to the vine.

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
What is the best way to lead a spiritual life? Is it daily scripture reading? Prayer? etc?

First, you must accept Christ and be baptized in His name and He promises to give you the Holy Spirit. Once you've had the baptism of the Holy Ghost your life will change in a nuclear way. He will guide you into all truth, you'll completely understand scripture. And God desires a relationship with Him, that's what He wants most of all, a deep intimate relationship.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

It is the way you have always known fellow kind man. When prayer comes up in your life it will only be brighter! Do as you are doing right!

Love your neighbour as yourself! You are great!

Beware of women, I had expierences with them. Maybe this is not the case for all of us. Warning.

The bible provides what is, is truth.

Greets

There are threads of mine in Conspiracies in Religion=forum|

new topics

top topics

join