It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twilight Zone, A Chilean Miner Rescue and one BIG FAT QUESTION..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
OK, bare with me a second I know this Chilean miner crap is getting old but I need to get something off my chest that I cant make heads or tails of. God I hope people answer this thread!

Ever sense this whole event first happened I've felt weird about it. I want to make it clear that I am naturally an apathetic person to the plight of most individuals I'm sorry to say. The military hardened me to a lot of BS, so I find it difficult to become emotional toward events in any fashion whatsoever.

However this event does not and has not sat well with me for some reason I can't understand... and I mean REALLY.....Ok.
I mean when I say this makes me emotional, I don't mean in the happy ending BS where the drama of being rescued played out like a Chilean Tela Novela. I mean emotional in a BAD FREAKING WAY..

I don't know what it is, but it's like something I cant explain and it happened when I first saw the picture of the miners in the dark after the collapse. Now I'm not saying there's anything going on here that's out of the ordinary, I'm just more or less wondering why the hell I feel so strongly repelled by it.
Its the same feeling you get when you watch a person getting beheaded with a dull knife,...That kind of response... You know what I'm saying,... you get this weird tight knot in the pit of your stomach and something,... you don't know what,...but something isn't right and it is BAD, and you've this strange instinctual feeling to run from it. You guys feeling me?

Now I know that there are a lot of conspiracies about the symbolism of this rescue and I'm not denying or admitting I believe such things, I'm also not in anyway implying that those have to do with my feelings toward this event, since the feelings I have occurred well before a conspiracy was ever considered and happens whenever someone mentions the minor issue.

I'm just not getting good vibes from this at all and I'm utterly confused by the feelings. This has never happened but a few times in my life and I'm just going to say that I feel everything about this Chilean Minor rescue makes me want to literally vomit...

I want to know if anyone else has felt this way but please be honest with both me and your self. Please don't base your feelings on what has been said here on ATS though I know that has helped to make more out of the situation. I really want to know what peoples gut reaction was when the event first took place and onward.

Open to explanations that don't involve me seeking professional help and or committing to a regiment of state funded medication.

Can anyone explain this to me...Please?

Thanks.

edit on 25-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
no sorry , it never gave me any similar feeling.
are you claustrophobic in any way? maybe seeing real life scenario of something like that would make you feel that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
nostalgic for a moment i guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I already considered potential hidden psychological meanings and no, I'm not claustrophobic at all. I don't know what the hell the deal is. It just came on me in this weird fugue like state.

This only happened a few times in my entire life, and I am trying to pinpoint the trigger mechanism for the event. Maybe it was just one small thing, or the way someone stood, or what they were wearing or any number of things but the strong response eludes me.

Thanks for the reply though.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I know exactly what you are talking about. My entire family followed this event, and every time it was brought up I wanted to tell them to drop it. I was just extremely angry that it was being televised, like I hated the whole scenario. Maybe that's nothing, but I can relate. About 20 minutes ago I found the odd symbolism thread, and I thought maybe I was just subconsciously tuning into this sort of obvious ritualistic numbers game. Or maybe not. But long story short, you're not alone. The whole thing was weird for me too.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How do you feel when you look at this rendering of the rescue capsule that was used.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47e45d3bf6ea.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jester0

Tell me about it. I don't doubt there are people out there playing the occult numbers game for a second. I however will not allow myself to openly entertain that this event has anything whatsoever to do with numerology, occult activity masonry or anything else. I maintain extreme skepticism on that issue.
I don't know about energies people speak of here on ATS.. You know like negative energies and what not, but man I can't shake the bad vibes.

But something smells like low tide at the docks and I want to know why.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Well when you say "this" I suppose you meant to post a picture. But if you are talking about the cylindrical capsule uhm I don't know. Everything kind of has that bizarre dream quality to it. Like when you wake up from a dream and you feel weird.

Oh by the way please don't try to Freud me out by saying that the capsule is subconsciously linked in my mind to the sexual organs of a male and therefor as a male I have repressed sexual irritation.

Oh sorry I see he picture now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Maybe because youre intelligence to see this event as the crap load of distraction that it was/is, just brought your level of tolerance for insignificant bullcrap to an exploding point?
Maybe, on this issue, the obvious entertainment values and stupidity simply made you sick?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I was thinking perhaps repressed memories of alien abduction actually. Cold grey room... tubes with specimins etc.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Perhaps, but this really started at the moment the story broke.
I don't know, I did find it quite odd and rather ridiculous that television decided to go full retard on the event.
I mean OKC bombing, there was other news, Ronald Reagan assassination, other news, 9/11..a little extra news, Chilean Miner Rescue...........THE WORLD STOPS!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Haha, well I also hate Kim Kardashian, and all of VH-1, so maybe it's just the spotlight constantly being cast on terrible accidents that I can't stand.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Come on man don't make me a paranoid nut bag!

Ill start developing false memories and returning to ATS with nutty stories.
Yeah something does seem repressed though, Alien I dont know about that but something isn't right.
More like "down in the darkness, there is evil, and deceit, and a mask??" See thats the kind of crap that enters my mind, those kind of random thoughts.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I suspect that what is bothering you is the idea of being trapped, and knowing you’re going to die long before it actually happens. In most cases, especially in the military, although death is violent, it comes quickly with no time for the person to realize its coming. Sometimes the idea of being trapped with no hope of escape, and having time to contemplate your coming death, is worse then dying itself.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying,
It was too too much! It was nothing more than 24 hour pacification and distraction to everything else that was going on around us. It was pushed into being the only news, the news of all news, my gawd they even stayed on site for days AFTER to really really drive it home.
Was this, the best humanitarian leading story ever ever?
Oh hell no, I'm thinking your mind, just got sick of it sir, and obviously it was pushed into your mind pretty deep, because youre still affected by it,
I prescribe a neutralizing dose of I Love Lucy reruns for the next 6 days, you should be better by then.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Entombed. Yeah that's quite possible, but I followed many other stories before of miners trapped without the "Uhhg factor." of this one.

I mean I know this had a lot more coverage but I don't watch the news so I didn't even know that they were still trapped until I saw that they were being rescued here on ATS. I was like... "Oh did more miners get trapped?",...and as it turned out it was the same ones. So I was not following the coverage and the hype at all.

But your notion is extremely possible but doesn't fit 100%. Thanks though it probably has a place with me at any rate.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It was the photos of them while they were down there that made me feel weird.
I can't explain it more than that - weird.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Yes exactly, that's what did it for me. I only saw that and heard a passing story of trapped miners and went about living my life not giving it another thought (Selfish I know), never watched the news or followed the story at all, then saw it again here n ATS and the feelings were still there.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I didn't really watch the whole thing as it unfolded.

The coverage reminded me of "balloon" boy, remember him?

I think what upset me was that they went "all out" rescuing the miners, but we have miners getting trapped here in the states, and they do nothing.

I agree, something was weird with the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
It was the photos of them while they were down there that made me feel weird.
I can't explain it more than that - weird.

There is something creepy about this photo and those like it... something that reminds me of a creepy dead Japanese woman ala "The Grudge".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32e287464ea2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10/25/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: added photo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join