It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Price of Equality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is a video about the year 2081. It is a short film written by Author Kurt Vonnegut. The film is only 26 minutes long, but worth the watch. We as people want and in certain circumstances demand equality. With that in mind, what if all of those wishes came true, and we were all... equal?

Here is some info about the film. Please enjoy.
Based on the short story "Harrison Bergeron" by celebrated author Kurt Vonnegut, "2081" depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th Amendment to the Constitution and the unceasing vigilance of the United States Handicapper General, everyone is "finally equal...." The strong wear weights, the beautiful wear masks and the intelligent wear earpieces that fire off loud noises to keep them from taking unfair advantage of their brains. It is a poetic tale of triumph and tragedy about a broken family, a brutal government, and an act of defiance that changes everything.

Here is a clip, for viewing, in case this is your type of movie or not, I would hate to waste someone's time.

And here is the link for the full length movie.
www.onlinewatchmovies.net...

I would love to hear others views on this subject, as at one time or another we as a species have felt either that we deserved more equality, or some have to much.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 25-10-2010 by NoRegretsEver because: spell check

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think your link has the movie for free,
But requies you filling out some garbo.
Here is a link from Project Free Tv.
PFT seems to be the most reliable video source hosting website

EDIT:
Sorry my link isn't working.
Here it is as shown:
www.free-tv-video-online.info...
edit on 25-10-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Actually all you have to do is go to "watch video" and it begins in a separate window, there is nothing to fill out. Also I tried your link and am unable to open it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Maybe it's cause i'm using an unusal operating system and unsual browser? [Ubunutu LInux, with Opera browser?
]
Oh well i trust you

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Maybe it's cause i'm using an unusal operating system and unsual browser? [Ubunutu LInux, with Opera browser?
]
Oh well i trust you

Wow I thought I had the craziest setup. Ubuntu/Kubuntu Linux, Firefox Browser, and my motorola droid rooted and connected to it wireless with 3g internet. Video loads absolutely fine. I'm even useing 64bit with a oddball flash addon called box or square. "shakes his head."

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
On topic, i just watched this whole movie.
All i can say is that it's beautiful.
And when i finished the video clip before i started the movie, all i could think was that it was majestic

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am so pleased that you enjoyed it. It makes it real, and kind of scary when you think that the government so called gave the people what they wanted.

This reminds me of the term, be careful what you wish for.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That is one trippy trailer.
Thank you for sharing NoRegretsEver. It really makes you think.
Off topic just a bit. Your name use to be a slogan I once touted when I was younger. Time seems to have a funny way of making (me) eat those words. Life is unpredictable no matter how much you think your in control.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Forgot to add.. I'm going to download the movie and share it at work.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It seems like a tragic solution to an unsolvable problem?

To forfeit one's power in order to be governed.

Some say men/women are only happy if they trade their free-will, which is a heavy burden, in exchange for a master, a greater rogue than oneself. Because apparently those who exist closest to the unforgiving laws of nature or the normalcy blasting force of truth, are made to suffer for it. So happiness exists in greatest quantity in a world that corrects the workings of nature. A manufactured existence could ease suffering and usurp freedom by the same measure. People would be equal, but in a dull, monochrome, depressed sort of way. Where all the caprice, variableness, and uncertainty are replaced by a rigid mathematical formula that tames the beast, and replaces it with an image of sterilized perfection.

That is until the soul of man eventually breaks free of its bonds to start destroying and creating, exercising it's command of good and evil to remake the world, a spiritual revaluation. They say man is a stupid brute but he is a rebel at heart, always waiting until the time is right to destroy perfection, to feel a sense of the Godlike, the fatalistic, his own freedom.

So the story goes..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

*slaps himself* Sorry I wasn't paying enough attention. I thought you where having trouble with the trailer rather than the actual movie itself.
edit on 10/25/2010 by madmangunradio because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeasarKhanTheGreat

It seems like a tragic solution to an unsolvable problem?

To forfeit one's power in order to be governed.

Some say men/women are only happy if they trade their free-will, which is a heavy burden, in exchange for a master, a greater rogue than oneself. Because apparently those who exist closest to the unforgiving laws of nature or the normalcy blasting force of truth, are made to suffer for it. So happiness exists in greatest quantity in a world that corrects the workings of nature. A manufactured existence could ease suffering and usurp freedom by the same measure. People would be equal, but in a dull, monochrome, depressed sort of way. Where all the caprice, variableness, and uncertainty are replaced by a rigid mathematical formula that tames the beast, and replaces it with an image of sterilized perfection.

That is until the soul of man eventually breaks free of its bonds to start destroying and creating, exercising it's command of good and evil to remake the world, a spiritual revaluation. They say man is a stupid brute but he is a rebel at heart, always waiting until the time is right to destroy perfection, to feel a sense of the Godlike, the fatalistic, his own freedom.

So the story goes..

I wish I could give an infinite amount of stars for that post.
I don't see how humanity would ever justify loosing that much freedom/free-will. Your second paragraph sums it up perfectly.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
IMO, when we ask for something such as equality, though we may feel that we ask this from each other, we are actually asking TPTB for it. When they see a window to change, or divide us, they take what we initially asked for and completely change it, which more times then not, makes it worse.

Something such as equality is something that we can do without the governments involvement, or politicians speaking on others behalf. Equality is the way that "you" treat someone. Of course we are diverse, and sometimes things we dont understand we fear, but all in all, if we start taking responsibility for ourselves, then something like this will be irrelevant.

To go off track a bit, this reminds me of a movie that I saw years ago called Wishmaster. Its about a genie, that grants your wish, and whatever you wish for gets turned around against you, for example, a women wanted to be as young and beautiful as she was at the moment forever.

So he turned her into a mannequin. Though it wasn't what she was thinking of, she left the window open for another interpretation, and in all honesty she couldn't be upset, as her wish was granted.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thought Id give this a bump as its a good time for people to take the time to actually see the movie or at least watch the clip.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
thanks for posting NRE, it looks very mentally stimulating and always up for some provocation to more indepth type of thinking and from just seeing the trailer along with a few posts, I immediately think of the "change of the law (legal zealots-see Hebrews)" or from Old to New, even Lots wife turning to salt and that "change" being the real cause behind the transformation that is still maturing or progressing, all due to a love for the world from God because of our weaknesses in the flesh

edit on 26-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I thought I might give this another go around, as it is a very important message.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
goodness, mentally stimulated did I ever get when attempted to "full view" through one of the the links posted and was directed to various pages and somewhere along the way I got a trojan, all is ok now but you know how those things can be, as in a curse word or ten may have slipped out "may"(lol!), anyway would like to view and would be nice if you or someone could post the direct full film, thanks!

also feel the need to post a few scriptures to qualify me first post, hope it's not a bother seeing how the thread is not a directly spiritual subject and also sincerely hope you and your two sons are doing ok,

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.-Colossians2

If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people)... For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.-Hebrews7

their accuser is Moses on whom they set their hopes-John5.45

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?-Isaiah58.6

edit on 28-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

join