It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Introduction Thread Ever!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Howdy all! I've been what you would call a "lurker" for some time now. I have seen people come and go on here, people who have gotten in trouble and got a "time out" because they couldn't play nice with others. I have been very entertained with some of the posts that I have read along the way.Thanks for the laughs guys!

I came here, like so many others, in search of some answers. I have learned along the way that I know nothing. I had an NDE about 4 years ago that changed everything for me. I have also had several "paranormal" experiences that I am sure that some on here would "debunk" cause they think they know something.

I am not one to argue. I like to observe and learn from others. I am steadfast in my beliefs. What I have experienced and learned is real. I don't need someone trying to rain on my picnic, cause I'll just grab an umbrella and wait for it to stop.

I feel sorry for those who have not experienced something "real" on here and like to pick those of us who have, apart. Knowledge is power, but experience is the best teacher. We all have our own path to walk and it is great to have a place where we can walk together and learn from one another.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hi, welcome, hope you enjoy.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

welcome, hope you enjoy moving from a lurker to a poster

look forward to seeing your in the forums

Regards TFJ

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Sorry to be the aforementioned rain (only a tiny cloud) but I've yet to post my introduction thread and that will the best greatest introduction thread ever!!!!

But until such times as I do - you can have the mantle for now.

So, what happened with your near death experience?

Oh, welcome and read the T&Cs and all the jazz.

I gave you a flag for being you.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Glad to have you as part of the community.

I too have had a NDE... very intense and life changing for me as well...

Really helped bring everything full circle for me. Phew, even thinking about it brings back those feelings I had during the experience... It was very mind blowing and opening.

Again, welcome.

-SES

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

A flag...just for being me...aww shucks, you shouldn't have. Thanks m0r1. They won't let me put up my avatar yet. That department is closed right now, but I am sure I will have the best avatar ever...

BTW what are T&C's and all that jazz?
edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: had a blonde moment

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Not sure if I am suppose to say, cool, wow, no way or really? I have had a difficult time telling people about my experience. Not only does it bring back memories, it was a little on the strange side. All my life, I was conditioned to believe one way. And when what happened to me happened, it didn't line up with all that I had been taught. So, I spent a lot of time "unlearning". That is why I say, I know nothing. I guess this would be the place to share cause no one can see me...or can they????

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Thank You! I'm sure that being on ATS is the best way to spend my time.

But why do I have to write this second line?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

...All my life, I was conditioned to believe one way. And when what happened to me happened, it didn't line up with all that I had been taught. So, I spent a lot of time "unlearning"...

That is very interesting. Could you elaborate a bit more on the NDE that you experienced? Also, if you would, what were your previous beliefs, and what are your current beliefs that resulted due to your NDE experience? Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Welcome!

Listening to other people with an open mind is indeed an underestimated trait I find...

In my case I use to tell people slanderring what I focus on in life(I cultivate in Falun Dafa): Did you ever try the exercises, did you ever read the book?... Well, no...

So why botherring slanderring things you know nothing about? It might be exactly those things you need to try...

NDE is indeed interesting, it shows us we have a soul and the soul is built by microscopic material. If you gpt a chance to experience that you know where you should look by now...

Learn how to cultivate your body and soul and you will be able to fly before you die...

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

God is great, beer is good, but people are crazy. I couldn't resist. Your name is awesome.

To start with, I had parents who went from one extreme to the other. For the first 8 years, they were living their lives as Hippies. Stringing their 5 children along on their journey. So, yes, I am very open-minded. Then for the next 5 or 6 years, my parents found religion. We went to an Apostolic church where we weren't "allowed" to do so many things. Women don't cut their hair, they always wear dresses or skirts, and if you weren't Apostolic, you were not saved.All the other sects of religion had it wrong according to them. We were conditioned to believe that there was a heaven and a hell. A God and devil, angels and demons. All the stuff that goes with Christianity. Then when I was about 13 or so, they quit church and decided to embrace pieces of the Hippie scene again. But religion was what stuck with me. I then in turn took my children to an Apostolic church, But that is when it all started to change for me.

I got sick and had to have surgery. I suffer from ARD's and ended up having multiple surgeries in a very short time. I have had 13 in all and the last one was the most profound. I went in for a double bowel resection and got some kind of infection that they were never able to type. Not staff, MRSA or anything like that. Had the CDC guys stumped. Anyways, I was sent home with this infection and in 2 days time, it entered my bloodstream, filled my lungs and caused my liver to rupture. Upon returning to the ER(none of which I remember), I had to have an emergency surgery. I died on the table for 7 minutes and then was in a coma for a little over a month.
What I seen and experienced made me rethink my whole belief system. Christians don't have it all right and neither does anyone else for that matter. But we are ALL connected. I realized that I knew absolutely nothing. Yes, I believe in God. No-one will ever be able to change my thinking on that. I believe that what are commonly referred to angels are what most today would consider to be aliens. And in my childhood days, I was taught that aliens did not exist, that they were just a tool of the devil.

But my NDE showed me differently. I have a hard time talking about the details of it because I have yet to run across someone who has had a similar experience. And the world is full of critics. ATS is full of skeptics(trolls) that would just love to tear it apart. I did see the whole tunnel and white light like so many others, but my journey back was a little different. Not sure if I was suppose to remember it. Or maybe I was. And that's the part that went against everything I was programmed to believe.

I now believe that the ancient stories and myths are true. Not just some fables made up for our entertainment. I seriously doubt that people thousands of years ago took the time to carve stuff out on stones or write them on parchments just so that we would have some fascinating stories to read. Maybe if enough people ask nicely, I might get up the nerve to tell you all. I now watch the sky constantly(hence the name) and KNOW that we are not alone in this universe. We were all silly for being so vain to think that we are the only kids in the neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You went through quite a lot. =(

I don't know what would qualify as asking nicely, but i'm very interested in hearing what you have to say; in fact, as a fellow watcher of clouds, i feel like i'm rather drawn to what you might have to say. Should you decide you're up to telling about the experience, i would be grateful to hear as i'm sure several others here would be.

Please do not worry about the naysayers and those who pick apart the experiences of others. I think they pick things apart because they are in the unenviable position of never having had anything extraordinary happen to them. So, instead, they gain a certain degree of feeling special when they attract a little following of others who've had nothing happen to them.

You cannot say that my experiences are either true or untrue and, by the same token, i cannot say whether or not yours are true or untrue. They are what they are and all we can do is listen with respect.

So, welcome to ATS.
I'm newish, too, and never have posted an introduction.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

VERY interesting, thank you for sharing.

I would be very interested in hearing the additional details to which you mentioned that you would disclose if asked nicely. Please feel free to discuss those details as I am sure it will be of great interest to many of us here Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Welcome and thanks for the introduction. I for one would never debunk your NDE!! My Mother spoke to me in depth of her experience and I believed all she said. Have also read others experiences. I do hope you are well now and enjoy all that ATS has to offer.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Unfortunately I find that most people who have had something "real" happen to them is because nothing else in their lives make them feel important. So they come to ATS with a story that can make them special. I would guess there might even be a few who want to believe some of this BS so badly they convince themselves that something REALLY did happent to them.

I've come close to death, I've actually seen a documented UFO (not saying a alien ship). However I believe most of this stuff posted on this site is for entertainment purposes only. I've seen a half dozen predictions in the last month that never came true. I've seen pictures posted that ANYONE could make up with today's technology. I've read some stories that made me appreciate certain people's fiction writing skills.

I still hope to actually see/read something here that will be ahead of the curve and proven to be true. Until that happens I will believe that most of the stuff posted here is by kids having fun, people who have no life and trying to feel specail by coming up with stuff here that will get a reaction and some true crazy people.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Howdy and welcome.
I have a question:
Since you've had a NDE, have you noticed if any of your senses gotten any keener?

Curious to know if you are now more aware of certain things, things that you may have normally taken for granted in the past.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Alxandro, to answer your question, "Since you've had a NDE, have you noticed if any of your senses gotten any keener?" that would be a big resounding yes. I have become astutely aware of many changes inside of me and around me. I have an unquenchable thirst for new knowledge. I became extremely interested in all things paranormal. I wanted to know as much as I could about history, ancient history to be more precise.Mankind's history. It also triggered a lot of memories from my childhood that I had previously been having a hard time recalling. It was like my brain itself had rejuvenated.I realized that we have the potential to be so much more than what we are. I "SEE" the bigger picture now and understand it.

I have always had a 6th sense, if u will, which is something I believe that all mankind once posessed. But it became more like a "knowing" afterwards. I guess I had quit second guessing myself. I also think that there are yet some things left for me to unlock as well. No, I am not talking about having crazy psychic powers to see into the future and save all mankind from destroying themselves with. More like I now know that everything is connected and If you are connected to something, like say your leg is connected to your body, if that leg starts hurting, goes all numb and tingly, or gets broke, you "know" because it is connected to the rest of your body. Well it's kinda like that. At least that's the best way for me to describe it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Getting out my umbrella. I hear and understand what you are saying. What I am hearing though is that you are not allowing any room what-so-ever for the "what if's" on here. I see you have hope, but that is something different altogether. When you drive to work, do you allow yourself a few extra minutes just in case? I mean, what if there were an accident on the way? What if you have a flat tire? No matter what, you are prepared for these scenarios. It may be that there are 10 different answers to these what if's, but they have answers nonetheless. It may be that you would just answer them with a " well, I guess I'd be late" kinda answer. You get my point. Hoping, on the other hand...I can hope all I want that tomorrow I will wake up healthy and not be disabled anymore.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Funny how we grow up knowing that we know nothing.

Then some of us reach a point where we can see everything.

To see the forest through the trees, so to speak.

It's less of a burden to fly over the forest than to try to cut your way through.

There are too many things you might see along the way in the woods that one might want to collect, and in turn could weigh us down on our travels.

You do have the best avatar ever.

edit on 27-5-2011 by timewalker because: duh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hi cloudwatcher, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshman Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

top topics

join