It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dilema....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I applied for a job and was successful, problem is... I can't have my dog.
The job is live in position (Resort) so can't have my Albert there...

Even worse, the poor little bugger has a birth defect and will need an operation to fix his legs. I couldn't even find him a home because the operations are going to be around the 4 thousand dollar mark and people won't take on a pet that has issues. But oh I DO!!

'Oh get him put to sleep because he has a birth defect... NO way!!

We don't put down humans just cos they are born with a disability!!

Gee I am jinxed with pets! Well, stuff the money. I will get a different job where I can keep my puppy !

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

What do you think about posting on craigslist asking people to take care of your dog?
Good idea?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

do we have a craigslist in Australia?

I would pay for the operations, I just don't want him to be put to sleep just cos he needs some medical attention that is expensive.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Adopt a PWD

I am sure they could help point you in the right direction.

Edit: I don't know about AU but you might be able to get in touch with someone on that site that can help. Groups like that are usually close knit and people know people everywhere.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sometimes, somethings are more important than a job...

Pets are dependent upon owners and they give unconditional love to you...that's rare in this world...

all the best to you..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

True! Look online and check out to see what you can do. Maybe a neighbor can take care of your dog?
Anyone else have ideas?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

Adopt a PWD

OMG that is a fantastic website. It is no good to me though cos it is USA but I will look around.

How fantastic that there are some people out there that look after the pets even though they have disabilities!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
Sometimes, somethings are more important than a job...

and that is what is bugging me cos I know that the job is only money... and so... pfft well, stuff it. I will get a different job where I can keep my Dog.

and then too some people in my life are like... your going to spend 4 grand on the Dog?

yes I am...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would absolutely look for animal rescue agencies. We were in a similar situation with a cat that we had. We were simply unable to give him the medical attention he needed. He was such a beloved member of our family, but we could not stand to let him suffer with us.

So we found a rescue agency that would keep him alive and comfortable..kind of like a human hospice. I am certain there are folks like that in Oz.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I have spoken to an Animal Welfare Agency and they will put him down....so stuff that.

Bloody sad.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

A lot of the legit groups that are "no-kill" will network.. you might contact www.aussierescue.org... and ask who they might recommend.

For what it is worth, I feel your pain and I hope for a positive outcome.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I will get a different job where I can keep my puppy !

There's no way I'd choose a job over my dog.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
and then too some people in my life are like... your going to spend 4 grand on the Dog?

yes I am...

and that makes you very special in my book for what it's worth....well done

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thx so much for the link.

I was so shocked to find out that the so called biggie organisation would put him down when I enquired about the options. So much for prevention of cruelty to animals!!

Either way, I have made my decision. I am not taking the job. Plenty of other jobs out there but there is only one Albert.

I am not telling some people in my family cos I don't want to hear their 'your an idiot' comments.

I will post pics up when the little bugga has his first op done

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Good on you for sticking to your principles...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I understand completely. I've had my dog since I was 8 ( I'm 23 now) and he has helped me through some tough times. I would do anything for that dog.

Good for you for sticking to your guns.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was upset when I first heard that they put animals to sleep in the shelters.

You are a very nice person, good for you, all the best.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
well little Albert is now four & half months old now and the vet I took him to reckons he will grow into his feet and may not need an operation so there ya go!

I don't regret my decision at all and thk God for the gut feeling, I just knew in my gut that he was ok and whatever was wrong would be no big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I don't regret my decision at all and thk God for the gut feeling, I just knew in my gut that he was ok and whatever was wrong would be no big deal.

I'm gald you followed your 'gut' - HEART. Good for you! There's great reasons why that pup is with you and you'll discover more and more as time goes on - as you already know!

When I was offered a puppy right after looking a dog that mean more to me than anything I can remember - I said NO! My first reaction was NO! Until the vet gave me a shaming (you don't know where this puppy will end up - it will probably be put down talk). Then, after sharing here on ATS a handful of friends were so supportive. I was and am very lucky to have them. I ended up keeping the puppy and have never regretted it since!

Hugs to you and your tail wagging friend!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Good for you hun, the love you have for your puppy is worth much more then the money you'll make.

Plus you'll have to deal with the loss of a loved one...

Jobs come and go, if you found this job... you can find another one.

But animals with issues do not have that same luxury with owners

I love to see people fighting for the ones who can't fight back

top topics

<<   2 >>

join