It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Haven't some people realized yet that if the MSM don't like something they simply ignore it?

The networks don't really give free time to their adversaries... I would have a lot more faith in Julian if the MSM was just ignoring him.

As it is, what better than to build up faith, then deluge the faithful with thousands of documents of unknown and unverifiable reliability, generating division and confusion?

I suppose It would also help my faith in Julian if he told me something I wasn't already aware of...I mean it's really not breaking news that Iraqi civilians are being killed by the US military, or that corporations are using offshore tax havens to avoid paying taxes....

Please Julian...tell me something I don't already know...(hint: 9/11?)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So Assange was not charged with rape, yet people keep asking him about it when it doesn't even matter anymore. What matters now is the information he released. The reporter should of dropped the questioning about that case when he said he wouldn't comment. it was in the past, and cannot be proven. If there was proof, he wouldn't be in that interview. think about it...

He has every right to walk out of that interview. When she tried to twist, and pry something from Assange, he shut her down. When she kept on pushing, he left. What do you expect? If someone was asking you something you didn't want to answer, wouldn't you walk away? Or how about this, your invited to be interviewed about a release of a program you wrote, but are asked about your college antics instead... wouldn't you find that rude or out of the ordinary? When you refused to answer the questions and want to focus on your program and get ignored... what would you do?
edit on 10/25/2010 by ugie1028 because: I dont know!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have been reading through lots of the reports now...and it is very interesting in the least as there are many many legitimate responses to incidents and many many not so what would seem legitimate responses and some of which should be open to investigation....
These documents if others have been reading them are not one sided...and wikileaks has done an awesome job of presenting them and giving a great means of exploring them.
Now to just go and try to assinate someones character seems to be the norm for TPTB...and frankly people are just not falling victim to such ploys as we once might have in the past.
People are also realising how the media sways public opinion and since the internet and the way we can communicate through mediums such as social networking and twitter and such...like when the clamp down in Iran took place....people are finding true methods of getting to the bottom of these Media fiascos....so this is a time where power to the people can be used to our advantage...the lies are getting harder and harder to hide.
The palace walls are starting to be breached by the public and that is a good thing.
Lets not never forget that war is hell and war for all the wrong reasons is wrong....the videos of the helecopter pilots laughing while watching humans being killed is disgusting...no matter who is being shot at...this is not a joyride....anyone who gets joy from commiting murder has something wrong upstairs.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My 2 cents...

She performed admirably!!!

She was told, (ordered, pressured, etc.) to derail that interview towards Assange at all costs... and she did... Promotion granted.

Why? Simple... tell the masses: "Look, a birdie up there!" and they'll forget about the wolf... The individual is intelligent, the masses are idiots, and this is yet more proof...

They'll be talking more about this than about the REAL story for a few days... Talk about putting out the fire...

Nice job CNN...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There needs to be a large scale protest outside CNN. This was not about information, it was about destroying reputations. Mass Protest

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
There needs to be a large scale protest outside CNN. This was not about information, it was about destroying reputations. Mass Protest

has that ever worked? x(

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If Assange wouldn't of walked out of this CNN interview we would be here talking about his interview.
Look at what we are discussing. Why he walked out of the interview. There is no discussion of how good this interview was
because the interview was non-existent.

Assange knows damn well what he did to them women. If the women were paid off to say it was true then to say it wasn't then shame on them we don't know for sure.

We don't think ANY crimes were commited in IRAQ THERES NO PROOF! Were not sure if Assange commited ANY crimes NO PROOF RIGHT?

Guesse who's left in the dark again, WE ARE. Assange knows that by walking out he left his people
even more in the dark. Because he couldn't answer one objective question. He wants to ask all the questions
but no one can ask him questions, well Mr. Assange you can't have it both ways.

Assange would of been more of a man if he sat there and took one for his wikileaks team. You know what he did, he walked out of the interview

Showing the world he doesn't give one flip about getting the truth out if it damages him at all!
He wants to gain power but not by working himself but by working his minions giving him all the so called secret documents. Defending him to no end while he gives you nothing.
If Assange can't have the gull and stand for what he believes, just stick out the interview, Assange is not a man to give credit to. Assange needs to take his little breifcase and Resign he's hurting wikileaks image now.

edit on 25-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry if i stoped reading after 5 pages, this might have been a dream, but didint the rape charges, get droped the day after he got accused, im up in canada here, and it was on the main stream news, they interviewed a lawayer lady and she said that the 2 girls , just changed there minds, i might have dream of it, i dont think so.

So 2 questions...

1) Why are people still taking about the alleged rape.

2) Why did he walk out if he has done nothing wrong
just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Because assange might of hurt innocent HUMANS, by raping them! It is alleged all these war crimes you speak of theres no real proof. No real proof on assange accept the women themself the ones he could of raped came out and said he Assange raped them. Then said maybe not, but they have the actual women and i think they are pretty young... Assange IMO you need to resign!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

[SNIP]

Please refer to my post about the presumption of innocence.Click

Weren't the rape charges dropped? He is 'only' charged with molestation.

Please check the story around and of the rape charges. [SNIP]

[SNIP]

Hasen't Assange answered the reporter when she asked about the rape stuff?
"I'ts disgusting", Assange said. For me that's enough for an answer on that topic and it adds up with what i researched about the charges.

edit on 25-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 26 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: I am removing personal remarks, per www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your kidding right, the charges where droped the next day, was all over the normal news lol, all over the world, maybe you live on mars, but there was no charges laid lol, NO CHARGES. cough cough

stop drinking that funny water

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Was there ANY talk of the documents wikileaks released previous to where the clip picks up, or did she go straight into the character assassination routine?
edit on 25-10-2010 by Shivering Coward because: sp

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Apparently the rape issue is long time done no punishment nothing, he leaked som tasty info haters drop the hate and move !%@4 forward and think about the life who got lost.
edit on Mon Oct 25 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: I replaced the quote with the "REPLY TO" code

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shivering Coward

Yes there was. Unless am mistaken.
Now does it soften the mistake anyway ?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
400,000 reports leaked.
100,000 + Iraqis Slaughtered.
7 Children in Pakistan Slaughtered.

And CNN asks about his personal life.

Journalism is dead.

Journalism has BEEN DEAD for a long time are you just now getting around to realize that because it is YOUR Assange being discredited???

So Assange being a rapist is his personal life?? Get real!

Assange cries RAPE as he rapes women himself!

Flash some money around get people to say anything rape charges true or not. Walking out of an interview TOTALLY discredits Assange even further. Guilty people can't stand to hear the truth!
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

I completely disagree with this. I think when interviewers goes full retard like this, guests SHOULD just up and leave. This sends a clear message that guests (such as Assange in this case) will not allow the media to pervert the trajectory of the interview away from the real issues at hand. The real issues being an excessive number of dead human beings in a needless ****ing war. Assange's private life IS AT THE BOTTOM OF MY TOTEM POLE OF THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT, and has as much relevance right now as Lindsy Lohan's.

When someone's sawing off your legs, stopping to point out your hangnail makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esger
This looks staged to me. Can't say why exactly... Sound, video, questions...

Who released that video and why?

I have come to notice a trend with MSM interviews that I think future potential interviewees should be aware of. MSM always seems to send out some no-name "jounalist/reporter/commentator" to interview someone when they know it is meant to be a hit piece. The patsy comes pre-loaded, i mean its quite obvious. i bet you wouldn't have somone like Barbara Walters asking Assange such questions...

Its up to the people who want to be seen on MSM, to atleast attempt to control their environment as much as possible. i would not agree to be interviewed by someone who did not have a reputation to uphold. this would be the only way to assure some sort of level-headed approach to one's real agenda.

the most important section of the video, however, is where Assange clearly describes his "position" at wikileaks. He is "the lightning rod." This simple statement provides enough insight and perspective to CLEARLY see through all the bs. follow a similar observation by Cryptome's own JY. cryptome.org...

imho, the interview was a great success

peace,
mbzastava

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It's not part of your private life if you have harmed other HUMAN BEINGS in a RAPE CRIME! If she would of sayed "hey Assange how is your sex life" then that would be asking about his private life. When you bring INNOCENT GIRLS in the picture that is not your personal life if you choose to rape them. Assange is the one who wanted everyone to know that when you think wikileaks you think Assange. He is the one who correlated his name to wikileaks so he needs to be a man and handle his business! If he has nothing to hide then he should of said that. Somethings up with Assange and I think I know what member on him that is! Even his ugly scrawny ass could hold down little girls against their will. Just because he is smart doesn't mean he doesn't have a thing for innocent girls. IMO

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Are you just ignoring me (and some others here) or why haven't you replied to any of my posts?

Do you actually read the posts by the other ATS members or are you just flying over them to pick out the words/phrases you like to react to.

Would you please stop making false accusations. Why are u so sure he rapped 2 girls?

And please answer to my previous 2 posts. Not only this one.

I'm still waiting for you explanations.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader

Are you just ignoring me (and some others here) or why haven't you replied to any of my posts?

Do you actually read the posts by the other ATS members or are you just flying over them to pick out the words/phrases you like to react to.

Would you please stop making false accusations. Why are u so sure he rapped 2 girls?

And please answer to my previous 2 posts. Not only this one.

I'm still waiting for you explanations.

You know, before i actually registered to post, I 've been reading ATS forums for a while now and have spotted several obvious trolls that are constant repeated offenders.
It hasn't bothered me too much until I had the courage to finally jump in and start my "own" thread and try to have the discussion going on and while not agreeing to everyone at least make sure everyone could hand in their theories and NOW this repeated trolling is bothering me A LOT and at this point, after a few days of alerting the ATS moderators am getting in the position where am thinking the responsability of the thread derailment is now *THEIRS* and the whole ATS forum is a just joke and is loosing any credibility it could have had...

Pun intended but am ready to walk out of here if nothing is done about this polution...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's obvious some people can't handle the truth on how Assange walking out of an interview totally discredits anything wikileaks has thought they had done.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join