It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you still want to eat chicken nuggets after seeing this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Link: www.businessinsider.com...

Yum Yum...this is what mechanically separated chicken looks like. It is used to create those chicken nuggets and chicken patties that so many people are very partial to.

And apparently when its this goopy sh*t it's crawling with bacteria, so they literally soak it in ammonia, then re-flavor it artificially, and then to top it off because it's strangely pink, they dye it with artificial coloring to make it look more like chicken.

I hope every time you eat a chicken nugget or patty you think of this picture...because this is what you are eating, it's just been colored and re-flavored to seem like chicken, but this definitely doesn't seem like chicken to me lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Yes i will Still eat it, don't really care otherwise as it taste good and has not kill anyone yet so...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I eat bugs. For money. If I am able to eat a dead June Bug picked up off of the floor for 5 dollars, then I am more than willing to spend 5 dollars on a 20 piece. Need honey though, mmmm

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OMG I haven't had a fast food burger since the 1970's - whenever I would get stuck at a fast food place with a friend I order the nuggets or chicken sandwich thinking that's alright. Why is it pink - ick and I use to like the color pink

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
YUM! Strawberry! oh...wait....

Come on people. So it doesn't look like fresh little nugget sized chickens covered in bread crumbs. I grew up helping to butcher our beef, and let me tell you a cow carcass doesn't look much like the little plastic covered Styrofoam trays you buy at the supermarket either! Who cares? The question is what does it taste like?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

at least you were getting paid to eat the bug...this type of thing is why i generally steer clear of fast food joints...but I sure do love the hell outta the curly fries when they're fresh thoe

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

but do they soak the beef in ammonia? Do they dye it a different color just so you can eat it? the answer is no lol...I'd rather stick to white tail myself...but hey whatever floats your boat...at least you know what you're eating now lol

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bologana is made pretty much the same way.

Didn't bother me when I found out 20 years ago and doesn't bother me now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
what i get a kick outta is the 'i dont eat fast food' people... anyways, anyone else hate that mcdonalds went to the all white meat for the nugget... their so dry now, and i dont get those little grissly pieces in the nuggets anymore.. but to be honest, i will probably think of that pic next time im mack'n on sum nuggets..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Like a giant pile of oozing cancer.

It's soaked in ammonia...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe 'cause uncooked chicken meat is pink?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Chicken McNuggets are the worst. I'd prefer a Big Mac over them any day, except that a certain amount of earth worms are allowed in the hamburger meat for it to maintain a grade A ranking by the FDA.
Yum.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
all you chicken nugget eaters , you may as well be sucking on an amonia bottle. Good luck with the cancer in the future.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is a good point.....

Animals try to eat every part of another animal they can right ? So how is grinding up a whole animal and putting it into a sausage or nugget any different.

An argument could be made that it is closer to nature than our sanitized, pick the choicest cuts, then throw the rest away, mentality. I would even go so far as to say it might be more ethical.

In fact the only reason they have to bleach it, is to make it look more like chicken breast correct. So if it wasn't for our unrealistic, wasteful expectation of what it should look like. It may not need much processing at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
it does not look nice, but then we never know what we are buying, i am certain i would eat nothing if i saw how it was made. its not just nuggets, i saw a documentary once in the u.k. about bleeching and cleaning chickens that were starting to decompose, and then selling them on to food chains to sell to customers. the chain recieving the chickens was buying them because they were cheap, cheap = profit.

the people involved got prosecuted, but they were doing it for months maybe years before that, so who knows how many were sold and eaten unknown to the person eating it?

some people seem to think its just fast food, its processed food also, the stuff you buy in a supermarket, its just best if your bothered about this stuff to buy meat fresh from a butcher and make your own things with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

In fact the only reason they have to bleach it, is to make it look more like chicken breast correct. So if it wasn't for our unrealistic, wasteful expectation of what it should look like. It may not need much processing at all.

if you read the article you'll notice that they don't bleach it...but soak it in ammonia because there is so much bacteria that even cooking it wouldn't get rid of it. They dye it to the sand putty white color after they give it the ammonia bath. yum yum...it's not the dye that bothers me so much as it is the ammonia...can't be good for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8528e6e282f.jpg[/atsimg]

Ooooh, the McChicken Snake!

Bread it, fry it, and yes people will eat it.

Look, maybe eating 100% pure chicken meat McNuggets is ideal, I am sure it is, but people just find this sort of thing suitable based mostly on convenience, cost, and taste.

Raw meat isn't even pretty.

People aren't eating any of the Chicken they do eat, because it looks good before you fry it. It wouldn't be hard for me to buy a chicken, cut away pieces of the meat and make my own McNuggets, but is this what you are suggesting we do, or is it about eating the Chicken itself?

Even if companies are allowed to give you the LEAST amount of actual chicken possible, and they are allowed to do this, if it tastes like chicken, it is chicken in the minds of the consumer no matter how ugly it looks.

Just like those veggie burgers that taste like beef.
It all comes down to how it "tastes".

If you can prove eating such things is extremely harmful to your health, that is another story, but I don't think you will win on the "it's ugly paste" argument.

- Lee
edit on 23-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

regardless of the fact that...ya it's ugly paste...it also goes through a rather questionable process just to make it edible all the same

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I haven't eaten chicken in a long time. I don't really like meat products to begin with. I only settle for some wild sock-eye or halibut. At least it isn't mass produced and disgusting.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I wonder if it is soft enough to serve at Dairy Queen, I could get a spoon and slurp it up, yum it looks good!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join