It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cartel Has Booked The Entire Taj Mahal Hotel, Over 750 rooms, all banquets, restaurants.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
is it so hard for obama to just give some money to create jobs or fix a broken road or to help the needy? just 1000 dollars i beg,just 1000 dollars. but he dosnt do anything...

Yes actually it is hard for any president to 'give' money away. First, the monies raised for such things are done so through the Congress, as all revenue bills originate from there. Second, that money, no matter what he or any other president thinks, is not theirs to 'give' away. Although there has been a long trend of Washington thinking it is their money first, the Peoples second, tis not true.

People really need to stop giving a perceived power to the Executive, as this has gotten us in one large mess.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Youre Delusional if you think ANY of this is justified.

The Irony is all this going on with the elections and all the campaigning hes done for all his Democrap cronies, and touting how were climbing out of this hole and need to watch our money, All the while they havent passed a budget, and THEN the hypocrite takes off to India and rents the WHOLE Taj Mahal? Are you friggin serious?

This is just testament to this guys egomania and absolute disregard for anyone other than himself and his immediate need for self satisfaction, and self importance..

Stop trying to give him a free pass.......

Even if this trip WAS needed, he sure as HELL didnt need to rent out the whole friggin place....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
no i dont want his dirty money,i want him to do something very little atleast to help the situcation america is in,a little as issuing a fixing of some road holes even! even city majors can do this! dont tell me obama as a president cant do something little to help atleast
WHERE IS THE CHANGE?! broken promises....the retarded illuminati puppet

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
HEY, another FIRST for the Obama "cartel", "regime" or should we say, "royalty".

Totus to make appearance in India for the FIRST TIME ever!

Royalty?

I don't think he has anything to do with the Rothschilds or the Illuminati agenda I mean like the Queen, and so this actually goes a ways to explain the extreme and desperate measures taken up by FOX Noise and the TEA Party groups to discredit him and undo his works.
Actually it is only a temporary set back, I am afraid the GOP, party of the corporate giant will be back in charge and our true destiny as hard working Americans will be fulfilled.

We will finally achieve the pinnacle of our worth and become "the cogs in the machine" we are destined to be.
This is your future with the GOP
....Of course you may be fortunate enough to be an Executive, a Power broker or a CEO but the majority of American citizens will be forced into a life of subservience as poorly educated, unhealthy, low wage, unskilled workers...without time off or vacations.

I just heard Mark Rubio speaking on CNN. He has lots of charisma, style and hits all the frayed nerve endings with his talking points. I have an awful premonition, a sick gut feeling, he will win here in Florida and become the next big thing in the GOP playbook. If so independence and freedom are in jeopardy. But then, I guess they always are.
edit on 24-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well, I am sick of either the Communist agenda of Global governance, or the Banker's Fascist Global governance initiatives.

Time to kick the yolk of tyranny at the Federal level and the yolk of Global Governance attempting to be placed.

One tyrant is just as bad as the other.

Time to go back to the vision of the smallest government, the individual. Individual Rights of Life, Liberty, Property and Responsibility.

Just my observation.

Oh, and when is Obama going to quit campaigning. I swear that is all he does. Campaigns for more government control in the US and now in the world. Such a blatant spokeperson for more government.

How nice. /s

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A few years ago where I lived in Celebration (Orlando/Kissimmee/Davenport/Haines City), right outside a lodge and pyramid disguised as an outside Disney studio (but it was blatently obvious what it really was, from the latin and specific numbers, the 3 building and the pyramid in between, etc), they built a private hotel called the Mona Lisa. It's shaped somewhat like a question mark, which is really weird, and while it was still in construction over 95% of the rooms were already taken.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
this isnt a 'personal trip'.

presidents have taken trips to other countries for reasons of state for decades.

perhaps if you educated yourself, you wouldnt be so shocked by normal activities.

/holy crap the sun rose int he east today!/

Maybe if you educated yourself you'd have actually understood what I was asking/saying.

The point is he is making these trips personal because he's including luxuries that are not needed - as I mentioned the personal chefs. So, when the word 'personal' is used, I am led to believe that it's personal... hard to follow isn't it?

Please, if you're going to try to insult me and at the same time justify the president wasting tax dollars on things that are not needed on a trip, regardless it be personal or diplomatic related, try a bit harder next time. Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Source please?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How offensive!

The money spent on security, travel, chefs and the whole thing reeks of excess.

I am so sure in this economy there are many very elegant US hotels that would have loved to have this booking.

PHONY, FAKE, ELITE

I wonder if George Soros recommended that place. LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about, this is typical security for POTUS when traveling to a foreign country where the probability of an attack is high, especially since he's staying over in a hotel that was attacked by terrorists not so long ago. This has nothing to do with looking extravagant or any of that crap as some posters are suggesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have no problem with Global leaders meeting via Skype to discuss important issues.
What a statement that would make (at least to me, personally). Any president or prime minister who did everything in his power to save us money and take only the most important trips,... that would be something. That's when I'd believe they were in office with the purpose of doing their best to govern this country,... in the interest of the people, not themselves and their buddies. The technology is here, it's available, and should be utilized. I'm sure the White House has advanced ways of communicating from offsite locations securely, and I'm sure it would cost a lot less than taking the entire White House staff with him to India. It would also be better on the "greenhouse gases" they love to talk about so much. I'm sure all those jets flying across the world and the entourage of cars driving around can't be considered beneficial to the environment.

That being said, a president deserves to have a vacation every now and then. The job is not an easy one and I'm sure it takes a lot out of an individual. I'd say that for a president, two to three times a year should be acceptable due to the stress level of his/her job. The evidence is on their faces when they leave office. They seem to age about 20 years in a span of 8. As long as the vacation isn't extremely extravagant, it should be O.K. If they want to go extravagant, they can do so with their own money. As far as cost of security goes, well, it's part of being a president.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by TrueAmerican

only dictators and kings need security guards.

When 43 traveled he had a detail of 5,000 people protecting him because no one liked him.

All elected leaders require security guards as those who think they don't really have no clue about how things really are.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Services like Skype or any other internet style real time chat program is unreliable and are prone to intrusion and virus'.

BTW, The White House did not spend $1 Billion plus on this as if you book an establishment like that you can book 100 rooms but only pay for like 60. They call it a corporate executive discount and does even apply to POTUS. Let us not also forget that the entire Indian Government hierarchy is staying there as well so the taxpayers in India are footing half this cost so to try and spin it to say that the American taxpayer is footing this entire bill is wrong and y'all seriously need to have your heads examined.

BTW, anywhere POTUS travels good luck trying to book a room or a table at any resturant within a 1/4 mile of the place. Hotel employees are subjcted to security sweeps as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Services like Skype or any other internet style real time chat program is unreliable and are prone to intrusion and virus'.

I was kidding about Skype.
However, there are ways of communicating through more reliable, paid video conferencing services. I'm not saying all physical meetings should be avoided, but they should be kept to a minimum in a time of economic crisis. With all the technological advances we have today, is it not possible to set something up for our world leaders so that we wouldn't have to foot the bill for every conference or political rally? Is it impossible for them to discuss some issues from the comfort of their palaces? Obama just got back from a political rally in L.A. Seems like every time I turn around he's on his way to someplace. According to this CBS News story from November 11th, 2009,Obama Heads to Asia

Even before President Obama sets foot on Air Force One tomorrow to begin a 9-day trip to Asia, he has traveled to more countries in his first year in office than any of his predecessors. Since taking office, he has made 7 foreign trips and visited 16 countries, 3 of them twice. The Asia trip – which takes him to Japan, Singapore, China and South Korea – will bring his total to 8 foreign trips and 20 countries.

Just saying.

I'll see if I can find a comparison chart of U.S. Presidential travel. If this article is from 2009, he must have done a lot more traveling since.

EDIT:

I found this list on Wikipedia:
List of International Trips Made by Barack Obama

President Obama was joined by First Lady Michelle Obama in April 2009 when they met with Queen Elizabeth. Every president from Harry Truman (except Lyndon Johnson) has met and dined with The Queen.

President Obama was joined by his wife and their two daughters in June 2009, for some non-business time in Paris.
[1] President Barack Obama made his fourth trip to Europe in October to support a failed bid for the 2016 Olympics in Chicago, he is the first President in history to go to Europe four times in his first nine months in office, and planned two more trips before the end of his 11th month.

He has shown a pattern of combining a trip to Europe with another destination in the Middle East or Africa.

The White House has confirmed that the president will fly to Oslo for his fifth trip to Europe to accept the Nobel Peace Prize.

The previous four POTUS visits since 1998 to sub-Saharan Africa were always dedicated trips conducted at huge expense involving the mobilization of massive military resources. President Obama has suggested that he won't go for the traditional model of devoting a trip to Africa alone. Instead, African nations might be wrapped into his multinational travels more often.

President Obama's 10 trips to 24 cities in his first calendar year are more than double President G.W. Bush's 5 trips to 11 nations.

Well, at least he's showing some kind of concern for finances by visiting several different countries in one trip.

edit on 24-10-2010 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You know what?

Call me an idealist, but the President of the United States ought to be able to go anywhere with a minimum security detail. But only if he was truly the leader of a government that was acting as the constitution intended.

The idea was to be humble, sensitive, not get overtly dependent on any other country, spend wisely, reject greed, be attentive to the people, and most importantly:

TO STAY OUT OF THE AFFAIRS OF OTHER COUNTRIES

Instead we invade them on manufactured evidence, and create mass mayhem all over the planet. Nice.

Yeah, he needs an army (and navy) to protect him. And so will the next one, and the one after that.

Not if Ron Paul were in office though. Betcha! His conscience alone would never forgive him for not maintaining a balanced federal budget- much less multi-trillion dollar deficits and million dollar escapades like this in India. No chance.

But you guys go ahead...

Put another stinkin Dem or Rep in the Oval. Just what we need.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Who cares? He's the President. God forbid the guy actually live it up once in a while.

You bougie little sycophant!

second line.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Don't blame him, he knows this is likely a one term presidency, they have no problem spending money they don't have (your money) bailing out the rich... So why not this?

What have they got to lose now?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Time to go back to the vision of the smallest government, the individual. Individual Rights of Life, Liberty, Property and Responsibility.

Great but if you add to this unchecked free market capitalism you are going to see many people swindled into buying products and property essentially useless, possibly dangerous.

Caveat emptor only takes you so far.
We need some third party intervention, regulation and planning or you will end up like many farms homes and towns, wondering where you are going to get your water from because development has out distanced infrastructure.

Or the mine will collapse
the food supply will be threatened
some oil well is going to burst...
or the reactor is going to melt down...

In any of these possible scenarios the people die.
edit on 24-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
By the way, the fact that the Obama administration have nothing to lose (obvious by their reckless recent actions) should scare the hell out of any American.

Having nothing to lose with that much power and with the time left can make nearly anything possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
To me.....

....this thread and many others are prime examples as to the downfall of America. Many people talk about TPTB / NWo distractions.....guess what, YOU are the distraction. This inane bickering over a POTUS visit to an Asian ally that is both economically / strategically important to the US's future is ridiculous. Every POTUS before has done the same thing, spending the same $$$. Argue over REAL issues...his policies, etc.

Considering there could be some hostiles in the area ( proximity to Pakistan / last terrorist attack), then yes, a full entourage is proper. Even the personal chef. I can you tell from personal experience, when I worked at a large and luxurious hotel, that the US isn't paying more then half regular rates. We had the Prince and Princess of Wales stay with us for a week. We gave them 3 floors for peanuts. The fact we could use their stay for advertising purposes, paid for any discount. If you book an entire floor or better yet, the whole hotel for an extended period of time, you get a HUGE discount.

This debate should be about job outsourcing to India, which everyone knows is hurting the economy. Is Obama going there to try and get jobs back or is he selling more away. THAT should be the debate. This bickering over hotel bills is so juvenile, that it is amusing ....YOU are the distraction!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join