It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Visited by the Templars not Columbus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In doing research for another thread I came across some information that I felt deserved its own thread. Hopefully some of you have more info on this as I have never heard of this. I will continue my research and post what I find in this thread.

...this is so at odds with the dictates of modern science, history and archaeology that one would expect it to be rejected out of hand, as indeed it has been. This is not so easily done though with a landmark tower in Newport, Rhode Island. Curiously the tower is built in the style of a medieval look out and has been dated back to the fourteenth century. As if to emphasize its antiquity Italian navigator Giovanni de Verrazano recorded the tower whilst mapping the coastline in 1524, marking its location as an existing “Norman Villa”. Similar evidence can be found in Westford, Massachusetts, where a rock engraving can be found depicting a figure dressed like fourteenth century knight. Intriguingly the figure carries a shield portraying the emblem of a ship following a single star.

Of course this may simply be dismissed as a modern day hoax but this can’t be so easily done with Scotland’s Rosslyn Chapel; where clear depictions of ears of corn or maize and aloe cactus, both unknown in medieval Scotland, can be found on some of the archways and ceilings. These stone carvings are an integral part of the Chapel, which was only completed in 1486; that’s a full six years before Columbus is said to have embarked on his voyage of discovery. The standard line is that both maize and aloe cactus were only found after Columbus had sailed West. Thus, according to authors Knight and Lamar Rosslyn Chapel amounts to clear . . . “evidence that the men who instructed the masons of Rosslyn Chapel must have visited America at least a quarter of a century before Columbus.”

All of which prompts one to ask: if the actual discovery of the America’s could have been concealed for so long what more could be hidden? The answer to that, as you shall see, is a whole lot more.

The Templar ships were not anchored for long in Scotland though; a large part of the fleet, consisting of 12 ships and over 300 men, sailed on across the Atlantic to take refuge in America.

America? You may ask, how did they know about America?

Well according to Knight and Lomas, the Masonic authors of The Hiram Key, the original Knights Templar may well have acquired key manuscripts whilst resident in Solomen’s Temple in Jerusalem.
Amongst them manuscripts from the Mandaean sect which believed that John the Baptist was the true Messiah and that the souls of the good went to a land far across the sea, a wonderful land, a promised land marked by a star called ... “Merica.” Which calls to mind the rock engraving of a medieval knight in Westford, Massachusetts; the engraved knight carries a shield portraying the emblem of a ship following a single shining star.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Rumor has it before the Templars the vikings were here too.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
they found chinese writing on sculptures in mexico. they found the remains of a greek warship, i think, in brazil. the 'history' they 'taught' us in school was all a scam.

because the powers that be have been in power for millennia, we will never know what really happened.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

But why? why push the Columbus hoax and not tell the truth? what is to gain?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

because ppl cant handle the truth, they loose control if they tell the truth, do you think tptb just bacame tptb? no this was a planned takeover.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Just like the fraudulent bankers using fake paper to take away peoples homes,and before that tptb using fake paper to take away the Natives lands .I think it is called law and justice ...one lies and the other one swares to it ....S&F good find peace

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes it is true the Knights of the templars visited America. Theres a lot more evidence like the famous money pit, masonic markings found all over America etc. The Head knight you want to check out is called Henry I Sinclair, Earl of Orkney. HE mysteriously sailed with a group of men and headed west never to be seen again....
edit on 23/10/2010 by loner007 because: sorry wrong guy it was henry not william

edit on 23/10/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Hiram Key was a pretty good read. I read it over a decade ago, but thats part of what got me into the whole freemason/templar thing.

I think the Templars did come to america before Columbus and that they may have had something to do with building the pit on Oak Island (another favorite thing of mine to read about)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Hiya, you weren't to know, but the linked article is full of inaccuracies and even uses known hoaxes as evidence to make the claim of Templars in the Americas.

Rosslyn Chapel has been central to many bold claims and stories over the years. Particularly, the 'forbidden archaeology' crowd enjoy using it to link any number of bizarre mysteries. Some idiots even associate it with the pyramid builders! Tall tales indeed. In this version, they repeat the familiar claim that the Chapel has New World vegetables and maize when it doesn't. The carved boxes are fascinating, but there's no New World carvings to be found.

From there, the writer moves into alleged evidence from America of the knights. The Burrow's Caves artefacts are hoaxes. The men involved in the hoax included Hatcher-Childress. If you look at the one in the article, it's clearly not of any antiquity and bears no patina at all.

I wonder why the writers side-steps the proven facts that Norsemen had briefly established a colony back in the 11th Century at L'Anse aux Meadows?

Is it possibly due to the clearly Christian agenda of the article?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, according to this guy, native Americans spoke Arabic....seriously, so...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm still on the fence with the burrows cave artifacts. I think some disinformation is mixed in with some truth in order to debunk this story. Same M.O. they use to debunk some UFO cases.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

goto photo 3 and say thats not a n american vegetable
rosslyn chapel carving photos

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I find the bits about Chee-zoos to be incredibly fascinating. Thanks. I've found a new area of study for the day whilst I sit at work. I'm surprised the stone slabs that were found in Minnesota with Viking script on it wasn't mentioned.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hivethink
I find the bits about Chee-zoos to be incredibly fascinating. Thanks. I've found a new area of study for the day whilst I sit at work. I'm surprised the stone slabs that were found in Minnesota with Viking script on it wasn't mentioned.

It is interesting regard the Viking script found in Minnesota, Glenn Kimball who passed away this past year was working on this find, I think his son may have taken over. Everyone wants to lay claim to here came here first, some also believe it was the Asians who traveled North and walked over the bridge via Alaska from Russia.

losttreasuresfromhistory.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That shining star that led the Knights Templars to the Americas had to have been Hesperus. That star is known as the Evening star. In ancient times people thought the Morning star and the Evening star were two different bodies. In fact they are both the result of Venus' orbital period. By the way the Morning star's name is Lucifer.

If one follows Venus, with it evening appearance, you will wind up in North America if travelling from Africa or Europe. Do you remember about the fabled Islands of the Hesperides in the West?

The Garden of the Hesperides contained the tree that bore the immortality-giving golden apples that Hercules obtained in one of his Labours. Golden apples sounds like oranges to me. The orange groves of Spain or Florida could have inspired this Greek legend. I am voting for Florida. I believe ancient Spain, or Tartessos, was trading with the Caribbean in ancient times. I believe the oranges were native to Florida before Tartessos. The healing properties of Vitamin C encased in the golden fruit called the orange.

I find it interesting that the earth-mother Gaia gave the golden apples to Zeus and Hera as a wedding gift. The Aztec earth goddess is a very important character in the life and death cycle to the Aztecs. Her name is Tlaltecuhtli. Could it have been an ancient matriarchal Mesoamerican woman who gave some oranges as a gift to some ancient ruling foreigners who visited the Americas in times past?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Sorry, but it all comes down to proof. There is proof that the Vikings came to Newfoundland ca AD1000, Baffin Island as well, and there are hints they went further afield.

But no proof. The Kensington Runestone and the Newport Tower are tantalizing, but not yet proven as authentic. Why would there be so many forgeries and fakes out there? The 19th Century climaxed an era of land grabbing from the First Nations. Any argument that help to legally or morally disenfranchise them was eagerly lapped up. Further, there are no 'Indians' in the Bible. Gotta work up some kinds of stories to make it all fit, so you get Egyptians, lost tribes and so forth. Also take their Gods and turn them into white folk, like the Glooscap legends.

Bottom line? Plenty of reasons to lie, and if history is to be rewritten, then it needs to be done based upon irrefutable truths...like L'ans aux Meadows.

top topics

join