It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randy Quaid, wife seek refugee status in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For those who think conspiracy abounds hollywood, you may find this story interesting. For those who do not, you may find Randy and his wife to be loopy.

What ever the case is............ this is quite a little story

Here is just a snippet.........

Evi Quaid begged a Canadian immigration adjudicator not to force them to return, saying on Friday that friends, such as actors David Carradine and Heath Ledger, have been "murdered" under mysterious circumstances and she worried something would happen to her husband next.

"We feel our lives are in danger," she said. "Randy has known eight close friends murdered in odd, strange manners ... We feel that we're next."

Read the rest here.............

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Methinks that the Quaids might just be a bit, ummmm, opportunistic or even off - maybe even seeking a bit of the old free publicity?

The Quaids are wanted in Santa Barbara, where they missed a court hearing Monday on felony vandalism charges.

Santa Barbara County Senior Deputy District Attorney Lee Carter said Friday that Quaid and his wife Evi's bail increased to $500,000 apiece.

From the OP source

Connecting the dots between an auto erotic asphyxiation death and a drug overdose seems tenuous to me. So maybe Randy is just not wanting (or able) to throw up a million bucks in bail and is trying his best to create an excuse to not have to?

Hollywood sure does breed some bizarre folks though, huh?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wonder what they actually did that is a huge bond for vandalism, I would think we would hear about something like this on TMZ or something when it happened.?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

A U.S. judge issued arrest warrants Monday for the couple after they failed to show up at a California court hearing stemming from their arrests last month on suspicion of illegally squatting at a home.

Quaid and his wife face felony vandalism charges after more than $5,000 in damage was found in a guest house of a Montecito, California home they had previously owned.

again from the OP source

Looks like they got caught in the housing bubble thing.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

The bond was originally around $9,000, but then they blew off their court appearance...Judges hate that, thus the new $500,000 grand bond...I think it is a bit of a stretch for Quaid to think his life is in danger...sounds like they are trying to hide out and avoid being prosecuted for vandalizing their old house that they were squatting in...what a couple of kooks..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's all interesting how this stuff occured. A sort of has been actor from the beginning. Kicked off the stage. What does he have left? Just a sort of Hollywood name, a once been, never a star. On his own, I suppose. No news of any of his family trying to help him. So let us just watch him explode!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Looks like they got caught in the housing bubble thing.

...i dont know about that... according to the report, this isnt the first time they've been dragged into court because of being destructive while staying on property that belongs to someone else... their allegation that they fear becoming the next victims of "star whackers" sounds like something you'd hear in the loonie bin...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just saw this on the local news here in Canada. Looks like the original charge was for refusing to leave a house they no longer owned. Even that sounds sort of strange.

They went to a bank in Canada to get a mortgage to buy a house in BC. The broker, googled them for some reason while they were still there and found out on the search that they had warrants against them. Then they called the police.

I always liked Randy Quaid, he was good for laugh in the movies I've seen him in anyway. National Lampoons Vacation.......... Independence Day. Maybe he is closer to those characters in real life then we could have imagined.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I think this is the Americans getting back at us for Celine, Nickleback & Beiber...

Some sick foreign ex-strange programme....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's a bizarre story, evidently the Quaids were living in the guest house of a home they hadn't owned in about a decade, without any knowledge of them being there by the current owners.

It's alleged the Quaids might have been squatting there for months and when a suspicious neighbor became alarmed that there was activity on the property knowing the owners are not in residence, called local police, when they arrived the Quaids actually insisted that they still owned the property and had never sold it.

So they were booked with trespassing and vandalism, based on damage done to the Guest House presumed to have occured while they were squatting there.

It smacks of a coc aine habit gone bad to me.

I would assume they have no money to pay the damages done to the guest house and are afraid they might be sentenced to jail.

Or worse even still REHAB!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They will now qualify for the $2400 per month and instant free health care if they claim refugee status. If Randy wants to work instead of having to spend any of his millions, he can claim to be a Muslim, change his name to Mahatma Kote and get a job as a doorman at some luxury hotel.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
From what I heard during the filming of Independence Day, the crew could not figure out if he was method acting and staying in character even when he was not being filmed,or if he was just a wacko.

Now we know.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I personally welcome Randy and his wife to Canada. Of all the refugees that keep invading the country it would be nice to have someone that has made us laugh in the past. If your reading this. I have some space on the island

..Ex

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I thought this was hillarious the quaids hiding in canada did they really think the canadians won't give them up? I bet what really will happen is someone ratting them out for money. Im not for sure but I still don't get how they went off the head so quick.
edit on 23-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

- In 2009, the Quaids were accused of running out on a $10,000 California hotel bill and, after repeatedly skipping court dates, were finally tracked down in Texas and extradited.

Definitely something going on there. Too bad, "Parents" was one of the finest movies about canibalism ever made. I really hate to be that person but given that this is ATS, I am reminded of the threads I read about Dave Chapelle discussing all the weird break downs in Hollywood. Then again, there are bound to be nuts and criminals in every field, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Just saw this on the local news here in Canada. Looks like the original charge was for refusing to leave a house they no longer owned. Even that sounds sort of strange.

They went to a bank in Canada to get a mortgage to buy a house in BC. The broker, googled them for some reason while they were still there and found out on the search that they had warrants against them. Then they called the police.

I always liked Randy Quaid, he was good for laugh in the movies I've seen him in anyway. National Lampoons Vacation.......... Independence Day. Maybe he is closer to those characters in real life then we could have imagined.

I wonder how they ever thought they would get a mortgage? The bank has to check and make sure they are working, check out the wages coming into their household, and all other debts owed. Up here because the economy is in the crapper world wide, 20% minimum is also needed to put down on a house. Our loan and mortgage rules up here are strict, so that less people end up bankrupt or foreclosed on. Our banks check out everything.

Silly folks :shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
randy also did a fine bit of serious acting protraying LBJ..
i hope whatever is wrong with his life gets fixed.
these are dire straits for so many..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just read this on the Daily Maul.

'We are requesting asylum from Hollywood star whackers,'

Bizarre!

Is he a total loony or might there be some truths in his ramblings? David Carradine's death was strange according to some of his mates, and Heath Ledgers was sudden and unexpected. I wonder who else was "murdered" according to Quaid?
edit on 23-10-2010 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

It's all interesting how this stuff occured. A sort of has been actor from the beginning. Kicked off the stage. What does he have left? Just a sort of Hollywood name, a once been, never a star. On his own, I suppose. No news of any of his family trying to help him. So let us just watch him explode!

I didn't realize that he'd been kicked off the stage. Are you saying that he's been blacklisted??? I know he's been having troubles for quite along time... but I wasn't quite sure what the root cause of those problems was. But there's definitely one thing I do recognize, though... and that's their need to RUN... which suggests to me that someone very powerful is harassing them in an anonymous fashion.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Acorn

He was banned from the Actor's Equity Union for life due to some unseemly antics during his run with Lone Star Love.

Quaid hit an actor on the back of the head four times during performances. When the stage manager told him to stop, he smacked the actor again.
Another actor was warned that if he made direct eye contact with Quaid onstage, he'd be fired.
Quaid made "sexually inappropriate" comments onstage, repeatedly referring to an actress' musical instruments as her "gynecological instruments."
The couple tried to rewrite the script, to eliminate characters.
Randy "felt free" to change blocking, lyrics and lines during performances, and repeatedly failed to show up for note sessions and rehearsals.

It seems to get a little weirder.

Quaid says the actors are part of a “pinko-commie organization” trying to destroy him. And it gets even better: Sources tell TMZ that Quaid’s wife Evi turned up at the Equity hearing for Quaid and “berated several Equity staff members, including a 76-year-old receptionist whom she allegedly kicked in the shins, drawing blood.” Evi says Equity staffers broke her finger while trying to bar her from the meeting; others say she was a screaming lunatic raving about a “Nazi plot” against her husband. (Are they commies or Nazis? Try to stay on message, Quaids.)
source

This just might make a very interesting if twisted little story when it is all finished. I really feel for whatever happens to drive people to be so irrational.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join