It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STIMULUS FAILURE: 48 out of 50 States Have Lost Jobs Since Democrats’ Trillion-Dollar 2009 Stimulu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As official reports continue to try and convince US consumers that things are improving, analysis of data shows otherwise.

republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov...

www.consumerindexes.com...

So many people I talk to just do NOT want to hear or see the truth but I know it will be appreciated here.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately, for some ignorance is bliss!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Jobs created/lost link lists DC as a state, and it is listed as gaining 18,900 jobs. Of course California -592,300 had the most jobs lost but it is a huge state. If percentages of jobs lost or gained had been listed I think the data would be better. Considering the obvious failure of the stimulus and bank bailouts, and now the "fraudclosure" gate issue, I think it is time for the American people to demand justice. Simply put, Hank Paulson, told our government to bail out the TBTF banks or there would be marshal law declared. So we bailed out the banks, passed stimulus bills, passed new legislation to "stop this from happening again" and now here we are right back where we were in 2008 right before an election and all sorts of economic peril being predicted.
The American people do not trust these jerks anymore or their "voodoo economics" and I look at people buying gold and silver as proof of their distrust. Now the congress is threatening to nationalize our 401K and IRA accounts, raise taxes, increase regulations on all kinds of businesses with Cap and Tax. More threats from the same people, time to call their bluff this time. The states have a chance, right now through their attorney generals, to start the process by looking closely and the mortgage and lending fraud cases and start prosecutions. Goldman, Citi, BofA, and the other TBTF will finally collapse as they should have in 2008.
It is time to demand that dishonest lenders, politicians, bankers, federal reserve chairmen, treasury secretaries, and banks/investment schemes be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Then give the taxpayers back their money that has been stolen from them by these people and restore faith in the American financial and political system. If we can do this, we will see all aspects of our economy and life improve.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icenine

I do agree with you, but one error, yes Hank Paulson made all these accusations, but you can't point the finger at just him. Obama spent 3 times as much in less than a year which far surpasses Hank Paulsons expenditure. Obama needs to stand trial for treason! As do all the other politicians.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And for others they wouldn't know the truth if itr ran up their butt-holes wearing track spikes.

When for the love of God will people --- most especially people on THIS site of all sites --- realize politics when they see it? I live in a state with a Dem governor. His Republican opponent's ads are hinged on the fact that our state lost jobs and taxes weren't lowered. No, really? The frigging world economy collapsed you clown. If you had been governor somehow you would have created jobs despite this? My ass. And lower taxes? Sure, why not? We've already had to layoff firemen, policemen, teachers and other services who'd miss a few more?

Wake up koolaide drinkers. Yes, things still suck. What did you expect? Did you honestlyt think Obama or anyone for that matter could come into office, wave a magic wand and things would go back to the warm-and-fuzzy Clinton years? Meanwhile, the Republicans are convincing people that if only they can get back in control everything will be skittles and sunshine. Seriously? Do you people actually believe that?

You want a REAL indication of how the general economy is doing? Look at the reports of the ports and railroads. That's a non-government measure of goods being manufactured, transported and exported. They're all up 20-30% YOY. Does that mean Joey Crankshaft will get a job next Tuesday? No. But it does mean things are thawing and barring the unforseen or the untoward things are slowly getting better. Slower than I'd like, slower than you'd like but a crap-load faster than the Republicans would like.

Di the stimulus save the world? No. But what would have happened if they had NOT done the stimulus? Would thiungs have been better or worse? The fact is, mostr economists agree that that was the correct thing to do given what we learned from the Great Depression. Many feel the problem was that they were not big enough or they could have done more.

Things are crappy. Things are going to remain crappy for awhile longer. But the job market is improving. I know that for a solid incontrovertable fact and that improvement started last Spring. talk to any professional recruiter. They tell you the same thing. The problem is jobs come online slowly and not evenly across all industries or levels. That's the way it always happens.

The Republicans are desperate to paint the Dems as having accomplished nothing. The very last thing they want is any sign of improvement whatsoever. They'd rather see the country tank than get better and hurt their chances of saddling-up to the feed trough again. That's politics. And it's going to continue this way until someone has the stones to roll-out the guillotines and do something about it. But this Rep-v-Dem BS is a useless distraction. If you havn't figured that out by now you probably never will.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Though I agree with you on the majority of your post, one area of question in your statement is in error, and I quote, " The Republicans are desperate to paint the Dems as having accomplished nothing."
The liberal Democrats of our society claim they are for the " little guy" , and they assert their policies on a number of issues, but when the positions of the left are analyzed and compared with their policies and actions, it becomes clear there's an enormous disconnect between the two.
Far from representing the oppressed and " average working class ", the Democratic Party's core constituency has increasingly consisted of corporate media moguls, and Hollywood movie actors, millionaire trial lawyers , and billionaire financiers.
By using their dominance in the mainstream media, entertainment industries, and academic institutions , the liberal left has won the public relations campaign. And its to be applauded, the Democratic Party has been successful in demonizing conservatives as intolerant religious fanatics, rich elites, and gun-toting war mongers.
But as we pass through these trivial times, one can see that the Democrats are just as corrupt.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The jury is still out on the stimulus failure. You can't judge something so quickly that is slated to be expensed out over the next 4 years. Last I looked on about 1/3 of the stimulus money had been spent and much of it isn't suppose to be released until next year and the year after. Consequently, anyone with fiscal sense knows you can't make judgment so early in the game. Had 100% of the money been spent to date.....then you could judge. However, that isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

Good point, but how do you explain the 450 million given to B of A, that they claim has been repaid? Especially when I know from experience, that home foreclosures at there highest? The banks aren't gonna lose money in the deal. That 450 million bail out was to allow B of A to reclaim funds that were lost when people went delinquent are the homes. Short selling a home that is owned by the bank for 1/3 or more less its marketable value is not a common practice banks like to support. Even foreclosing on a home, the banks are losing money, and that they certainly can't afford. ( well they can just don't want too)
Regardless if the money has been spent or not, don't you think as a Republic we should have a say on where the funds should be spent? Last I checked this was still a Democracy?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

NO where did I say they weren't. My point, specifically, was that NEITHER party is worth crap. THAT'S what people have to wrap their heads around.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah, they are all corrupt, but what bothers me, is how some won't par take in the voting process, but then have the audacity to b#$ch and moan about the outcome?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Please Don't try to blame this on the other party. This was so obviously a two pronged assault on theg american people .

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"Please Don't try to blame this on the other party. This was so obviously a two pronged assault on theg american people ."

Thank you for this great statement. I have grown tired of all of the games and dialectics by politicians who think they have all the answers.

Europe is pushing austerity on their people and you can see that this has provoked riots. At least we are printing money in order to provide food for people via food stanps. I think this is the only reason we have not seen the bread lines seen in the depression of the 1930s.

I have been a long time fan of Meredith Whitney and she has recently put out a report on the financial condition of the states. Here are a few points she makes about this topic:
"Crippling debts and deficits are about to make individual states the next casualty of the credit crisis"
"Texas, Virginia and Nebraska were among states that have done a good job of controlling their finances over the years and aren't threatened as much."
"California and Michigan, will burden the entire country should the federal government decide to step in with a bailout."

This is huge, and no one is really talking about what it means to our society. It is our state and local government that protects us with police and fire departments, provides education, and clean water and sewer services. People do not realize the $$$$ given to bail out the TBTF banks came out of their local coffers in an indirect way. NO ONE IS GOING TO BAIL OUT THE LOCALS. This is when everyone will have the epiphany how much has been taken from us by the Federal Reserve Con Men and our elected officials who have failed us in every way.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Maybe once the Republicans get back power they can finish the job and privitise social security. They can put it in the stock market were it belongs. That would be some much needed stimulus.

I don't care anymore let the rich do what they want. If there is ever a colapse watch out I'm going head hunting. I'll make Binladen look like a saint. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to join my linch mob.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Employment numbers are a 'lagging' economic indicator. It will take time, probably 5-10 years, for employment numbers to catch up with other indicators, such as the stock market.

Which has been going up.

The US economy is a colossal ship, it doesn't turn on a dime, regardless of what party is in power, or who the president is.

The Stimulus SAVED our economy, and the policies put forth WILL create jobs.

Just not before election.

But to create MILLIONS of jobs lost due to negligent market controls and failed past policies, in one year?

What you ask for is not man, but GOD. Go to church, or start your own. Pray, and see if God ( or any deity) can create millions of jobs in one year, during a recession.

You ask for too much, what are you willing to do?
edit on 25-10-2010 by ErEhWoN because: added a word i missed

edit on 25-10-2010 by ErEhWoN because: i changed is to you

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That is because the stimulus was never mean to help the people, the truth is that it was a lie, the biggest lie played against the tax payer, the stimulus went to save the dirty pockets of the wealthiest in America including the government and foreign nations wealthiest also.

Most Americans were opposed to the bailouts but as always we the people hold no power against our corrupted government.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Re your title,

If I am not mistaken, I think the stimulus package was a Republican idea no?
Not that it really matters.. they're all the same anyway.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I never really intended this post to be partisan, the GOP chart was just terribly informative. I happen to agree that both parties are totally bought and paid for by the plutocracy in place. Few politcians remember that they are supposed to work for us, the little people too.

I disagree that the stimulus has been beneficial. I believe it has been but a temporary panacea allowing the banks and government to kick the can down the road. I am sorry but no one can convince me that the solution to too much debt is more debt.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scalded Frog
As official reports continue to try and convince US consumers that things are improving, analysis of data shows otherwise.

republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov...

www.consumerindexes.com...

So many people I talk to just do NOT want to hear or see the truth but I know it will be appreciated here.

When the Democrat Ostrich pulls his head out the hole, he may see his whole world has gone bye-bye.

top topics

join