It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Anybody else going to see this?

I enjoyed the first one, except the cheesy CGI at the end. While it was a bit slow, it did build tension.
I don't think it was as good as it was hyped up to be, but from the previews, the sequel actually looks more promising, and lets face it, kids are just creepier in horror flicks anyhow....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
IMHO Paranormal Activity number one was terrible, and this one will be to. Not bashing your opinion or anything, I just think that the "scariest movie of the year" should be a little more than loud noises, nobody jumped because they were scared, they jumped because they were startled, big difference.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to the second one. Thought the first one was okey, could've been better though.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I really liked the first one actually... thought it was clever and was pretty tense too.
Didn't need lots of gore or some kind of deranged serial killer hacking up stoned teenagers, and that was a good thing.

This is actually getting good reviews and they're saying it expands on the original without trying to add more rubbish to it.... well the good reviews are anyway.

www.rottentomatoes.com...

I think I may go see it, not sure yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I also thought the first one was great. I am a huge fan of horror and this movie really got to me. To me, the zombie/monster type horror is just funny. But when you have a movie that portrays what could actually happen without all the special effects and bloods and guts, then you have a gem. And with "reality" shows being the main genre of entertainment at the moment, reality type horror films fit right in!

I have a daughter that is two years old and a dog as well (fitting the make up of the family in part II) so this is really going to mess me up. I can see it now, my daughter wakes up in the wee hours of the morning and big brave dad is too scared to go check up on her!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm gonna watch it eventually, but I'm probably not going to the theaters to see it. The first one was good enough to warrant giving the second one a chance.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Paranormal Activity 2 was amazing. Much better then the first film. Scary scenes. They even go outside more often!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Overall I liked the first one, and I do intend to see the second one though I don't know anyone personally who has seen it yet. Hopefully I can get around to watching it sometime this week and it isn't a disappointment, but I don't hold a lot of hope for sequels. As for the ending of the first one, I saw the version that wasn't touched by the bigger movie companies and it just came to my attention within the last few months that they had different endings. I still haven't seen the ending that was in theaters, and truthfully, I don't want to as I think it was much better without getting changed.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This is actually getting good reviews and they're saying it expands on the original without trying to add more rubbish to it.... well the good reviews are anyway.

I saw it last night, and if you liked the first one, you'll like this one. Personally, I think it's a little better, because you have the added element of a mother trying to keep her baby safe. Like the first, it's slow in the beginning, but of course that's just to set you up.

I'd have to disagree that being "startled" was what made audiences jump. At least in this one, there is also the idea of what is behind those thumps that add to it. The scene with the cabinets in this one (not a spoiler, since you won't see it coming) is priceless (and the only one that made me jump...I go more for my wife to get scared, hehe...). That scene actually gave me goose bumps too (did for her also)...(and that would have been when I would have left the house, hehe...)

Oddly enough, there are about 3 quick scenes in the trailer, that aren't in the film....kind of weird, as I expected them, but really a minor thing.

This is definitely a "theater" movie though...the collective fear of the audience really adds to the film. There's no cheesy CGI in this one either, so that's cool. As with the first though, the ending is rather abrupt, so mainstream moviegoers may be looking for more closure, but if you liked the first one, you'll likely like this one even more.

SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW......

Note: time line wise, it isn't really a sequel, and this one explains a little more about why everything happens to the other couple (Micah and Katie) in the first film.
edit on 30-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I saw it tonight. I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the first. There were definitely more "scary" (or "startling", whichever you prefer to call it) scenes in this one. The child made it more spooky as well.

As has been said, this isn't exactly a "sequel". The story from the first one and the story from this one are connected, though. I strongly recommend watching the first one before watching this one if you have not already done so. It will make a lot more sense.

As with the first one, I thought the development of the story was a bit slow. But once it got going, it was good. The abrupt and dramatic ending - as with the first one - was good as well.

I believe they set it up for a Paranormal Activity 3. Personally, I don't think they should do it. But based on what I saw, I think they are going to try it. Unfortunately, though, I think it will fail.

Overall, on a 5 star basis, I'd give it about 4 stars.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This movie was amazing. It has been a long time since i was remotely scared of a movie (not including Children Of The Corn) and it was well worth the money. If they do make a 3rd, though it would be a bad idea to make, i would watch it. Personally, the dog thing mad me cry.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have to agree, the cabinet scene freaked me out! That's the main scene haunting my mind when I'm home alone. The end of part 2 confused me at first, because I forgot which ending was the "real" ending of part 1... confused between the alternate endings. Overall, I enjoyed part 1 and 2 equally.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

The "real" ending of part 1 was the cheesy CGI fanged mouth scene at the camera....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ah... I see. I thought the "real" ending was when she came back to the bedroom doorway after killing Micah, sat there all day 'till the cops came and killed her. That was my favorite ending also.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No, in my opinion, the first one was a HUGE let down... Nothing happened... Just 2 hours of an obnoxious lady CONSTANTLY screeching at her husband.... Then at the end, he is thrown into the camera... That is the big horrible scary part...

It was advertised as the most scary movie of all time, and quite frankly, I have seen scarier episodes of Sesame Street.

Though to it's credit, the marketing (scam) was pure genius... So, assuming the second one is anything like the original, I am not wasting my money.

Of course that is just my humble opinion.

top topics

join