It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be a possibilty...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We all know that many people over the world report seeing UFO,s or odd space craft.
I wondered if it could be, that they are actually from Earth. they may be thousands or millions
of years ahead, yet the have found a simple way to travel back in time...yes i know it sounds silly.
but, if you think about it, it is possible, don,t forget over thousands or millions of years, the Earth would have
changed in so many ways...so Grey beings is by no way impossible..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Union jack.....

have found a simple way to travel back in time

What makes you think it would be "simple" "to travel back in time"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
To us now,,,its not possible, or is it...but to people in thousands or millions of years...it might be the norm
to travel through time...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Its not such a strange theory. A few people on the forum have brought up this subject on the odd occasion and i for one believe you may have a point. The way i see it is that if we do build a time travel machine of some sort we would not be able to tell anybody at the time we travelled to because they too would want it for change and it would change the course of history which could be detremental to the human race.

Its not as outrageous an explanation of UFO's as i have heard, some people believe a serpentine race live underground and rule the world from there so you're one of the sane ones

I am quite interested in this subject as i am the Nazi UFO theory. I will watch this thread with great interest.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Hi mate.

I created a thread about this a while back. Have a look and read some of the responses. Thanks.VvV link to his thread.

VvV

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
To us now,,,its not possible, or is it...but to people in thousands or millions of years...it might be the norm
to travel through time...

Union jack.....

Some suggest time travel will be possible in just a few years.

Some claim to have already done it.

John Titor Timetravel - The ATS John Titor Project

Reference For John Titor Threads

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I.d not looked...but thanks for the reply, it was just a notion that occured to me...and i really think it could be possible...in only 100 years, we,ve got planes, tv, illness cures, computers...the list is endless..so what will
be inventions in a million years..people will be doing digs, and finding an ancient apple I-phone..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It's easy to time travel backwards... Just rewind your watch.

Might not work for everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Jack,
I think it could be a possibility, yes.
and to be honest.. It wouldn't really surprise me too much. lol

Ive thought it about it from time to time,
and I think it could very well be the case for some of the human like ET's.
[or would they be Future.Terrestrials.'s?] lol

Nope, Im not even crazy. lol
(or am i?)

edit on 22-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While i think its just as plausible as the Extraterrestrial hypothesis, personally i don't think its probably due to the Grandfather Paradox.

That said many quantum physicist adhere to the Many World theory which makes the Grandfather Paradox void.

I suppose it depends on your understanding of quantum mechanics which i'll leave to much more well read people to explain.

In the mean time heres the wikipedia page if your interested.

Many Worlds Theory

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KineticFaction
While i think its just as plausible as the Extraterrestrial hypothesis, personally i don't think its probably due to the Grandfather Paradox.

The Grandfather Paradox is only a problem is you look at reality from the outside, as a mathematical or logical abstraction. That is, if you don't really exist in it already, which is absurd. If I go back in time and kill my Grandfather, I'm still going to be alive because the universe and reality requires me to observe and experience it for it to exist in the first place. So reality and existence and myself aren't going anywhere. I'll continue to live and experience it from my individual perspective (just like always).

There's no such thing as objective reality.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
If I go back in time and kill my Grandfather, I'm still going to be alive because the universe and reality requires me to observe and experience it for it to exist in the first place.

Thats exactly the point of the Grandfather Paradox, which explicitly states that time travel is impossible for said reasons.

I'm not saying its the correct theory on the matter, just one of them. I personally doubt the possibility of time travel is something we are able to conclusively prove or disprove either way at least for the foreseeable future.

In regards to UFO's and other unexplainable events. I think that given the fact that we don't even know if time travel is possible. I'd say its much more likely that they are alien space craft and not time travelers from the future.

As we all know from the many films about the subject matter, going back in time is a very scary prospect, changing anything could have monumental effects on the future. For example just by seeing a UFO may make you leave for work 5 minutes later and be involved in a car crash that killed the ancestor of the inventor of warp drive.

If we were sufficiently advanced enough to create a time machine i think the consequences of using such a device would scare the people that created it enough not to use it.

While it is possible that it would get used a few times, i doubt that would be enough times to account for all the UFO sightings, and finally why would time travelers want to see some dusty town in New Mexico, USA in the late 1940's and not for example the fall of the Berlin Wall.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There are some who think that these are super advanced technology creations that the US

black ops has kept hidden from humanity.

That they have orchestrated this whole UFO thing, right from the very beginning, to get people

believing in ETs so that when they stage their planned fake alien invasion, as their final terror

tactic that they believe will unite humanity in accepting the New World Order as the only way to

fight off the invasion.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Maiden PEI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Anything is possible, really. Is it likely is a different story. I can time travel. Often. I do it every night when I dream. I believe time travel is only possible through mental abilities. could future tech aid in that? well i believe the eventual evolution of Science is to reach "godhood" and so, my suspicions are that a god could time travel. fly the cosmos immortally? walla, instant time travel

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Time travel is not possible, you simply cant go through time, time is not matter, it is a imaginary force, it is not like matter, it cant be handled or used.

This can never be changed, not even in 10 million years, time will never be matter that can be molded.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPlanet791
Time travel is not possible, you simply cant go through time, time is not matter, it is a imaginary force, it is not like matter, it cant be handled or used.

Actually according to physics time and matter are the same thing, spacetime.

top topics

join