It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

My understanding of Christianity can be summed up with the height of the law and the prophets - Love God above all and neighbor as self. This to me is also very Buddhist, since the same type of compassion towards all and other arises from the conclusion that all is one, and that separateness, is an illusion.

So to run around trying CONVERT people over to one's own belief, well, paradoxically, that could very easily undermine the very essense of it, which is a model of love and compassion.

As a Christian I must bracket my need to share and convert, and first ask, what is the most loving thing to do, what would Jesus do WWJD?

In the case of these tribes, refusing to try to convert them to Christianity could be the most Christian thing to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Apparently they are 3 - God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost.

Who or what is the Holy Ghost?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Christians claim the Holy Ghost is his spirit. Jews and Muslim believe God is one and that the presence of God is his Holy spirit. God can't be broken down in Judaism and Islam. While in Christianity God is either Jesus or the father of Jesus and he also sends his spirit as a dove.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Hi, Rom,

You know - I am really fed up about the holy ghost thing - because I believe we were put on earth to work out a logic puzzle.

But in logic puzzles you have something to work with - with the holy ghost, there is nothing.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Give it time and all the pieces will come together.Think like an archeologist who finds small and large pieces of the past.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

But I have looked and looked and looked.

And why is it OK for God to have a ghost where there are no ghosts? All souls are supposed to go to judgement.

It is a game.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I don't see God as having a Ghost. I see God like how Jews and Muslims do. As eternal. I respect Christians views on God. Meditate and think it over. Ask questions!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am thinking after reading that set of passages in the OP that the Son of Man is some kind of ship that will be returning at the end of the age. That passage never made me think that until just now.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kensho

Brother, I'am not assuming that I have truth, i'am asking the fellow brother, what is truth to him since he doesn't believe in bible wisdom

I would like to field this question: The truth is that 2+2=4 and the sun rises in the east. Everything else is up for grabs.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

We would be frolicking in the forests, hunting and fishing and gathering for our needs. Civilization is a direct result of religion and superstition. They call it "progress".

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I tend to agree... although I believe in salvation through Christ I do not believe in random testimony. You are saved by faith, not works. Posting scripture is most likely not going to save anyone. This post reminds me of how JW operate. I've been approached by one before who stopped his bike, handed me a (literally) "Do you know where you're going when you die?" card, and rode off. He never offered his testimony... let's assume because he didn't have one.

God will BRING YOU the WORK HE WANTS you to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
remember this....God is a spirit...remember that when the et's say they created humans way back with a little genetic improvisation. remember He is a spirit when you hear about the power of the Holy Spirit.
this is the spark that refutes darwins evolution (which he said had major problems, it couldn't explain the eye's developement) and it refutes this 3-dimension reality as being the total of what exists. so why is the Holy Spirit confusing to some?...it's because that adversary is lying to us. it all hinges on spirit...not 3 dimensional token reality, which is just a play stage where we new souls can run around learning about ourselves. God is a spirit and wants to be worshipped in spirit.....hey, who told us that truism? what was the writing where that can be found? there's a book written about this stuff.....let's see .....ah!! there it is

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So should you Catwhoknows. I don't know what profession you occupy but it is of utmost important to serve a God, let the reader understand; Almighty#.. start imagining.

He can give you wathever you want. Ever seen bananas pop up, let the reader.., out of nothing #nothing is where all is created out of. He can turn your hand into lepracy and to say it in a technical term CREATOR convert it back to an unlepric hand, to your normal hand again, again. Belief must run through your body. Your head must lose all sense of all then you are at His hand. Nothings can not, I correct, persons cannot make such acts, all miracles are His! He sets you as a 'pion'. Just because Mozes did what he was told by the Lord, the Lord made water pour out of between the rocks.

TO BE ABLE OF ALL ACTS

Close yourself and be the told.

Is it to stand for nothing, to lose everything and to fall in the hands of the Lord????????? Dying to find life. As the see..

The seed dies and brings forth fruits different than the seed? This is very important. The product is different of what is found lost.

Continiüm! Eternal.

Now I don't know it anymore.

Get the principle Almighty right, meditate on that, to be able of ALL ACTS

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just because Mozes did what he was told by the Lord, the Lord made water pour out of between the rocks.

It is not!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deuteronomy 23:13

Brother, I'am not assuming that I have truth, i'am asking the fellow brother, what is truth to him since he doesn't believe in bible wisdom

Etherical waterwave: This is wisdom!

I would like to field this question: The truth is that 2+2=4 and the sun rises in the east. Everything else is up for grabs.

The truth is 2 + 3 = 5..

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Etherical waterwave: This is wisdom!

The truth is 2 + 3 = 5..

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by etherical waterwave ~from Belgium~

so your saying that this verse means that another 'cross' in the sky becomes visible,
just like a 'cross' appeared to Charlemagne..

No actually you will see the Resurrected Christ coming and it will be very obvious and no one will doubt that it is indeed the second coming of Jesus Christ. Moreover this 2nd coming will be visible to all at the same time all over the globe.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Listen, the bible actually speaks on this exact topic of non- believers and why they dont believe in the spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 "The man without the Spirt does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually dicerned."

So we can argue as much as we want, but it says that people that don't believe see it as total BS but they only see it that way because they haven't accepted the Spirit. To us that have accepted, we see the spiritual truths and try to explain them, but usually to no avail. That sounds defeatist but this always keeps us going:

Luke 15:7 "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent"

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by spokaneman1983

We would be frolicking in the forests, hunting and fishing and gathering for our needs. Civilization is a direct result of religion and superstition. They call it "progress".

I see it as a problem, where the hunter is gone, no need for hunting anymore, the notion of harmonics.
Why hunt when you are provided with nature or do you want it artificial ?
Sure tec is fine as long as it's does not blow off and go boom.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

You know none of this was written down until a hundred or so years after these people were all long dead, right? How do you know this passage is semantically accurate?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join