It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts and Spirits/ Other dimensions. Anyone share my theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok let me give you some history. Since I was born and as early as I could remember I can hear the unseen talking, feel the unseen touching me and observe the "unseen" moving objects. I have been this way since birth. Family history is such that almost all my "cousins", sister, mother and nieces have some form of what I am describing. It comes from a long line through DNA of my grandfather from my Great Nanny who people said was a Seer. My mother also has every single experience I have and was actually "attacked" by something in her own bedroom when I was a little girl. My mother and all of her sisters have had over the top paranormal encounters.

Now flash to present. I've been indoctrinated in many religions, baptized in over 5, primarily raised Christian. I am now an atheist...............LOL I was always in search of answers and didn't really have an open mind to figure this out until I threw all religion out the window. I simply DO NOT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS! I don't believe in HEAVEN or HELL.

Now on the to good part. I regularly hear them say words, speak into my ear, grab me, poke me, throw things about the house. BEFORE you call me crazy, I am not mentally ill. Most people in my life who know me, live with me can back me up on what I'm saying because they have been witnesses and these thing tend to happen to them also when they are in my presence. Some have classified me as "clairAudio" (being able to hear the other side) Every single residence I've lived in, I and most people I know will have experiences. Some have actually been touched, like my husband. AGAIN before you say I need to get my head examined, I don't take or need any drugs. I have other family members that are "clairAudio" also and they are not crazy either.

I will now list things that I've had happen to me personally

I've been poked.
Had words spoken to me in my ear and from another room
Had my hair pulled (resulted in my falling on the kitchen floor)
I've had relatives appear to me directly after their death to tell me something
I have seen what people refer to as "shadow people" and have been rendered unable to speak or move (paralyzed) Others in the room witnessed them also!

My husband gets poked and normally it happens to us both in the same time period

My son who is only five can describe "ghost" choking him and reaching through the walls.

We've had experiences where we came home to find the house torn apart like a burglar was in there but everything was locked. We could hear object being thrown around upstairs and come up to find silverware drawer pulled out and the silverware EVERYWHERE. Pillows everywhere, placemats everywhere. All the interior doors completely shut. Whatever it was stole ALL of my small sized fork during the course of one night and when we moved we still never found them. We just bought a condo last year and went event free for months. Then more stuff started happening here, again. My dog can hear it! I can hear it walking about from our sons room to our room almost nightly.

Before you say I need to have a priest bless my house, I don't believe in that stuff AND it's happened everywhere I've lived! I don't ever feel like its the same "being" either.

Now on to my theory. I don't believe that when we die we go to a place called heaven or hell. I do believe however that there is a possibility that our energy transfers to another dimension, the next step so to speak. I think that there are places in our world where the dimension "rub" against each other or are thin and may cross over at time. I think that there ARE people who are capable of seeing and hearing both dimensions at once. I think that it's inherited in our DNA, the ability to see and hear the other dimension. In this dimension could be anything, any animal or bad presence. They KNOW who can see them and who can't. Which is why no matter where I move, they find me and the people in my life. They know I can see and hear them. Are they reaching out to me? Are they not sure if they are dead? Are they trying to communicate a message? I have no flipping idea but I wish they would just stop. I don't want to "hone" my skills. I just want it to stop and I want them to leave my boy alone.

Does anyone share my thoughts that ghosts are actually being from another dimension, able to break through?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I dont think you can throw a towel over all ghosts and conveniently categorise them I myself have seen in hospital the ghost of an old lady in a nightgown full blue white ectoplasm,however was this really the spirit of some old lady or a mischevious spirit taking on an old ladies form?,other ghosts seem to be electrical 'photographs' of powerful events that under the right conditions materialise such as people who've experienced re-enactments of Dunkirk or seen a Roman Legion on the march,I pretty much think its a more diverse group of phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I happen to be in a thread that might explain it. Its about djinns, its a different dimension species that live among us. Ghost is another thing, djinn is another thing.
A case that pop up recently
Vanishing girl
Djinn link

To move away these stuff, you need a religious person to move it away. Depends on ones faith and method, it might and might not work, but as far as I'm concerned, it exists, no doubt for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
From what you're telling us there are a lot of things it could be.

The phenomena of objects moving is very rare but its entirely possible that you may have poltergeist activity where spirits for some reason or other are following you.

Personally by not honing your skills I think you are being irresponsible. You have been born into this world with extra sensory abilities and as a result could be a lighthouse for paranormal events to seek you out.

The list of entities from the Otherworld is infinite. Who knows whats playing in your livingroom at night.

I would recommend proclaiming your authority and if violence against you ensues I would seek professional assistance and perhaps learn some basic form the the craft to protect your home.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

So from my understanding, you dont believe in ghosts, but you know there are people that you can hear in different dimensions and you see your dead relatives? Sounds like your beliefs are the same as others who believe in ghosts. Maybe you are experiencing some kind of time slips or energy fields?? I can understand where your coming from in regards to being atheist, though i am not. I do believe there is some higher force out there, but I think religions have had too much of a hand in the pot and its become more about money than helping the fellow man/woman.

Could you explain to me what you think the purpose of life is? Where do you think we go when we die? Do you think your deceased relatives you see are actually them or something evil mocking them? Very interesting post OP!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe you. And, I'm sorry to hear the stress this is causing you & your family. But, my question about these ethereal intelligences, is why are a large number of encounters across the "veil" so to speak negative & often violent?

In view of the state of the World, juxtaposed to Biblical prophecy, and in addition the description, identification, and control of these same entities in the Bible--it seems to me these things are demons.

Some waaaay smoother & more sophisticated than others, but I think the points above almost make both the Sherlockian & Occam's Razor hypotheses that demons are the most logical postulation.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think your living in a land called DENIAL and you need to grasp the concept quickly that if your son is being choked by entities that you need to take control of the situation NOW. Ghosts exist whether you believe in them or not. Ghosts and Demons can kill your child, whether you believe in it or not. It sounds to me as if you are dealing with a negative spirit haunting which is possibly demonic. You should contact a local paranormal team to help you get rid of this spirit before unreperable harm is done to your child.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I believe our body dies but our energy cannot. I think it may carry on somewhere else. I also think that what some refer to as "heaven" is another dimension. A place where our energy goes to when we die. I don't believe one can just call on the name of Jesus or God to make it all go away. First of all I don't believe in the Jesus myth and I don't believe in an all seeing all knowing god. I believe only in a "creator" When I was a christian I used to always call upon the name of Jesus and God for help, nothing ever helped.

My son reported to me that in his "dream" the ghost was choking him. He didn't have any marks on him. He woke up and came to our room to tell us the ghost was trying to choke him. This was right after I had started hearing something walk from his room to ours a few nights before. I could hear the footsteps on the wood floor and the sound a body makes as it breaks through dead air. It stops when it gets to our bedroom door and I sit straight up in bed every time to see if I can see it.

At our old house we had stairs on the outside of our house that went to the second floor. Everyone who had been there could hear someone walking up the stairs but when you would look, nothing was there. You could hear it walk up the stairs and then walk around upstairs because the floor would creek. Our son told us when he was about 3 that the lady in the green dress that walks up the stairs had put her hands through the wall in his room! This is where we had the MOST events happen. I was cooking in the kitchen with my niece and something came to my ear and growled, then pushed in the back of my knee as if to bring my down, like one would do if they were joking around. She heard the growl AND saw me go down on the ground. It was that night that all my small forks disappeared.

My sister pursues her "gifts" and has interest in them, I do not. I feel that the more I pay attention to it the worse it gets. The more I ignore it that fewer and farther in between the events. I'm not in denial, I have conditioned myself to not show fear. I feel that if I show fear or interest that "they" will keep trying. I do not want to show interest. I want it to see that I have NO interest and do not want to play it's game.
edit on 21-10-2010 by favouriteslave because: info added

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Just remember your not the only opinion in the room if your son is being strangled.

Are you sure that you are not in denial of the gravity of this situation?

It may not be the trivial game of Spook that most people experience.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What you are describing appears to be "Spiritualism". Spiritualists believe that when one dies, one simply crosses over into a different realm, or dimension, where consciousness continues. They have homes, friends, and sometimes even jobs. These are the spirits psychic mediums discern.

Surely you must know this.

I am of course, fascinated with your story. I love it, and I wish you would tell us more.

Additionally, I don't see much difference in what you are describing, and what others sometimes refer to as "ghosts". I personally have never preferred the word "ghost", it's demeaning somehow, or a slur. But anyway, everybody uses it, so no biggie, I guess.

But it seems to me you are mostly picking over a word, or have I misunderstood? What is the difference between what you discern, and what others call ghosts?
edit on 10/22/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Re Favouriteslave

My farm has for years been the center of experiences like you describe. Various kinds of paranormal phenomena manifested, experienced by several people collectively or separately.

Personally I have had extended encounters with visual, auditive and tactile elements.

To the already existing comments I can add some more:

I'm quite convinced (based on my own experiences), that non-human entities come from several different 'species' or types if you like. It's a big universe, with many levels of existence and/or dimensions.

In my case, and as far as my conclusions are relatively correct, there are such things as interdimensional portals. For a couple of days my place looked like a transithall, beings coming and going constantly, through ONE specific place; a shed I have in my garden.

That such portals possibly are movable (at least to a certain extent) was demonstrated by later 'visits' by 'the others', where a small forest a few hundred yards away were the center of coming and going.

While the earlier encounters mostly were of a non-hostile type and rather infrequent (years between), a recent marriage with a rather alcoholized and aggressive woman (alas, I found out to late) intensified and amplified the encounters, and this time it was some really nasty types turning up, overstaying their welcome and eventually scaring me out of my mind.

When my marriage finally was terminated, and my ex-wife went away, peace slowly returned to the place. My conclusion is, that certain humans can attract 'the others' (I'm ofcourse not implying, that such attraction only appears in combination with alcoholism etc). 'The others' clearly break through, manifest and want something often based on some qualities in specific humans.

So maybe some humans also can function as a portal.

I've spent some years gathering information; books, direct contact with other encountees. On general information, abstract knowledge and not least protection. And personally I don't give one iota for the 'religious' protection-methods per se. They have absolutely no intrinsic value. But as a means to building up a certain mental state, religion can be effective. Not being a christian myself I, in a rather confrontational situation with 'the others', went into deep meditation. This is not an 'armour' as such, but as I lost my immediate fear, 'the others' gradually lost interest in me for the time being.

As I see it, their main interest lies in our negative emotions, and eventually a suggestions I heard somewhere: "If you don't see them, they don't see you" turned out to be almost correct. 'They' probably still see you, but they are not very interested, if you don't become scared from seeing them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I also have the "gift", if that's what it's supposed to be. I feel them physically and emotionally. I hear them physically and inside my head mostly through song. They also visit my dreams. I see areas of thick swirly air or shadows or sparkles. My dog helps me too by confirming their presance.
They are sometimes very adamant about messages they want delivered, although I tell them that I don't want that kind of responsiblity. Some are worried about their living loved ones and just want them to know they are ok and are watching over them. When I feel a negative presance I express to them firmly that I want them to stop and I pray for peace. It works for me and has since I was little. I think if they feel ignored they will try harder to get attention. Some don't know they are dead and some do and they can seem and feel very evil and can express themselves through bad thoughts, even suicidal thoughts. I believe when someone dies only the body dies. We remain who we are mentally unless we make a decision to change and move on. We can choose to stick around and wait for our soulmates and lovedones to cross over. I believe we are living in a very important time of discovery for this type of phenomena. Posts like yours help me to further understand my own personal expierences. I came to this forum after discovering that the spirit contacting and touching me is my roomates mother who died of cancer. Yesterday was his mothers birthday and I didn't know. She keeps asking me to tell him the lyrics to this song, " you were my strenght when I was weak, you were my voice when I couldn't speak, you were my eyes when I couldn't see, you saw the best there was in me, lifted me up when I couldn't reach, you gave me faith cause you believed, I'm everything I am because you loved me." I haven't heard that song in years. Why would it just pop in my head all of a sudden. Turns out, she sang that song to him to help him before she died. It was her favorite song. I was humming it while I was cooking dinner and he told me that whenever he
hears it he thinks of her. I spent the whole day from the time I woke up with that verse stuck in my head and an inner voice telling me to tell him the message was from his mom who knows he is still grieving after all these years. I am not the ghost whisperer, I don't have the courage or the confidence to tell someone that their dead lovedone wants me to tell them something so personal. She still wants me to tell him it's from her but I just decided to let it be. That is what free will is for right. I have other gifts I choose not to reveal as well and I'm am just fine with that. People won't think I'm nuts if I reveal that I can sing. They didn't think I was nuts when I revealed I could communicate with animals. I actually made pretty good money for about 10 years training horses to do unusual things. People now value my opinion of their pets. I dont think the world is ready to here what the dead have to say. It's too disturbing of a subject so I only share if I feel someone has the same belief. Maybe someday I'll come out of the closet when the time is right. Till then I'm just fine being a closet psychic.

new topics

top topics

join