It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Mars .. on a one-way trip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Originally posted by earthdude
A cosmonaut and I were the first to offer ourselves to go on a one way mission. We were ignored. She might be dead by now, she was pretty old.
edit on 22-10-2010 by earthdude because: grammar

Wow, that is interesting, details please. Who was the Cosmonaut, I assume she was from Russia.

Why did you volenteer and what qualifications do you have that might have them consider you?

Thanks for posting.

Me, I'm a survivor. My specialties are vast. I have no family, no ties to Earth. I'll try and find an article about the cosmonaut who said she wanted to go there and die there.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Great Russian Women
Valentina Tereshkova, first woman Cosmonaut

Valentina Tereshkova was born on March 6, 1937. Her father was a tractor driver. Valentina's mother worked in a textile plant.

Valentina started school in 1945 when she was eight years old. She left school to begin working in a textile plant in 1953. She was able to continue her education through correspondence courses.

Valentina became interested in parachute jumping when she was young. Her parachute jumping was one of the reasons she was picked for the cosmonaut program.

On June 16,1963 Valentina Tereshkova was launched into space aboard Vostok 6. She became the first woman to travel in space. Valentina Tereshkova made 48 orbits of Earth. She spent almost three days in space.

In November of 1963, Valentina Tereshkova married Andrian Nikolayev. He was also a cosmonaut. Their daughter, Elena, was born in 1964. Elena was the first child born to a mother and a father who had both traveled in space.

Valentina Tereshkova never made a second trip into space. She became an important member of the Communist Party and a representative of the Soviet government.

Valentina Tereshkova was honored with the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.

great.russian-women.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c56da5bfe679.jpg[/atsimg]

I met Valentina Tereshkova in 1991, she spoke at UFO Conference in Berkeley, Ca., not only that she stayed at the home of a friend of my mine who was a Professor of Engineering at U.C. Berkeley and now deceased. She did not speak English and traveled with a translator, she was very nice and friendly.

I can tell you that she was not only a believer in Alien craft visiting earth, she had her very own sightings while in space, I heard her say it in person at the conference and also at dinner as I was lucky enough to be invited to my friends home.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just a note to anyone who finds space exploration and the possibility of colonizing mars exciting, you have to read Kim Stanley Robinson's "Mars Trilogy". The first book in the series is Red Mars. It is probably the most scientifically accurate measure of the technology and effort needed to really get a foothold on the red planet.

I personally think we are much likely to see a private enterprise successfully land on mars before the government. With new business ventures such as Space X, Bigelow Aerospace and Virgin Galactic it is only a matter of time before we have bases on the Moon and Mars. Private industry will find much quicker more efficient ways to make it happen than you could ever get from NASA.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Thanks for the reminder, I know of the Mars Trilogy and don't own them, just might order them.

You may be right about going to the Mars privately, the way NASA works things take forever and the cost is prohibitive.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

okey...to all martian lovers, heres some breathtaking views of the red planet...and please be reminded, we wont be the pioneers...
lovely lake views, which remind me why nasa/esa/ua are still feeding us info's about exploring possibilities of water when it is in abundance???
view my photo albums ,komarov, moon, strange images and mars. ive just finished compiling my mars' lake views and some beautiful faces and sinister shadowy figures a few minutes ago.
you can check the coordinates courtesy of google moon/nasa/esa/ua...and all for public viewing...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=129964

lakeview

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Thanks so much, just looked at your amazing pictures of Mars, methinks you may be right in that we won't be the first to get there, that is if we ever get there or are allowed, seems that I heard somewhere that probes are being disabled and or lost that are sent there to snoop.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by alphaMegas

Thanks so much, just looked at your amazing pictures of Mars, methinks you may be right in that we won't be the first to get there, that is if we ever get there or are allowed, seems that I heard somewhere that probes are being disabled and or lost that are sent there to snoop.

most probably...they dont want to be disturbed and just having the times of their life frolicking in their pristine lakes...yup, why spoil their fun...for us...well....maybe icke is right after all...we may never be allowed...
you can google these images yourself and am sure you will have the surprise of your life bout whats up in mars...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I personally think we are much likely to see a private enterprise successfully land on mars before the government.

Most probably it would be a mix of private and public elements. Combining efficiency of private companies with the ability of governments to provide huge amounts of money is the best strategy to achieve such a feat. NASAs COTS program is based on this idea.

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt private-only enterprise could do it. Mission to Mars would not be profitable, but a big money sink. In fact, when you think about it, current pinnacle of private-only space exploration are commercial satellites, because thats where the profitability ends.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Ahh you underestimate the power of the human need for exploration. The owners of the companies I mentioned in my post have all said they aren't really doing it for the money. Elon Musk said his ultimate goal was to go to Mars and since no one else seemed to be doing anything about it, he decided to start his own rocket company. Things like the Lunar X-prize and visionaries like Elon Musk are going to take us to the stars before NASA ever even gets out of LEO again.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
reply to post by Maslo

Ahh you underestimate the power of the human need for exploration. The owners of the companies I mentioned in my post have all said they aren't really doing it for the money. Elon Musk said his ultimate goal was to go to Mars and since no one else seemed to be doing anything about it, he decided to start his own rocket company. Things like the Lunar X-prize and visionaries like Elon Musk are going to take us to the stars before NASA ever even gets out of LEO again.

Bob Bigalow of Bigelow Aerospace has more money then he needs, his philosophy is to share the wealth, he has donated millions to research and researchers over the years in the UFO and Paranormal fields, he wants to get at the truth like the rest of us and fortunately he is in a position to do so.

www.bigelowaerospace.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

SpaceXs Falcon rocket is a great piece of engineering, and with 50 million for launch it is very cheap. The same applies to Dragon capsule. But these efforts are ultimately payed for by NASA COTS, and would not be here without public money.

Bigelow modules are also wonderful. Check out their proposed 2100 m3 inflatable, to be launched on new NASA heavy lifter. Thats twice the room of ISS in one launch! The trouble is, Mr Bigelow has already burned almost 200 million dollars on their development, and said that he would continue up to 500 million. Thats certainly very little even for space station in LEO. Another source of income would be needed, and compared to private enterprises, NASA has plenty of money to spare.

SpaceDevs DreamChaser shuttle also looks very promising.

As for Virgin galactic, their SpaceShip is just a glorified plane on a rocket. Real spaceships fly much faster.

I believe you are seriously underestimating the amount of money needed for manned space exploration. Private companies will be vital for spaceflight in the future, but the bulk of money to pay them will come from public sources for a long time.

edit on 27/10/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/10/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I tried to post my Pics from Mars Bases/spheres from Google Mars! recent with mars Long.Lat. an Zoom.but it wont let me?only a newb? and not enough posts or something??
You will see these on youtube soon,for all to see!.yes I am an amateur astrom.and google Mars,enthusiast.
Soon also on Ice In Space website.for the southern hemisphere..
Original datas sent to Nat.Geo for follow up? before it disappears

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
quick reply to [email protected] an u will get a quick Photo attachment from Google Mars,showing a field off spheres on base camp.Mars.2010
Dont ask juvenile questions on this?check yourself,the long.lat.for Google Mars is in the pic.?
Cheers! enjoy your life!as you know it??
Rov

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rickove

Live comms,via Mars,still back Woomera S.Australia,an NWest Cape, Back room.W.A.follow it up if you Can?
Ha!These not just Sub. comms and Jap.scientific?
Cheers!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickove
I tried to post my Pics from Mars Bases/spheres from Google Mars! recent with mars Long.Lat. an Zoom.but it wont let me?only a newb? and not enough posts or something??
You will see these on youtube soon,for all to see!.yes I am an amateur astrom.and google Mars,enthusiast.
Soon also on Ice In Space website.for the southern hemisphere..
Original datas sent to Nat.Geo for follow up? before it disappears

These are the pictures rickove wanted posted and he asked me to do it for him.

Mars North Polar Unusual Spheres and Connections

More Sphere Colony Mars

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

You posted this off topic after I posted...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I, for one, think this is really exciting news to hear. In a time when there are talks of closing down NASA and abandoning the space program, we are starting to think about placing a civilization on anther planet!

If you think about it, it would be a hard thing to do for those who are first chosen. They are leaving everything behind. For ever. Family, friends, everything on this earth that you love, you will never see again.

Those who are interested in going, will have to seriously think about all that they are leaving behind. Or perhaps they want to leave everything behind. Who knows.

It will be interesting to see the psychological effects on leaving everything behind on earth and living the rest of their days on mars.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Those who are interested in going, will have to seriously think about all that they are leaving behind. Or perhaps they want to leave everything behind. Who knows.

That is hard to imagine and a difficult decision to make, not for me.

It will be interesting to see the psychological effects on leaving everything behind on earth and living the rest of their days on mars.

Think it depend on how many go, if they send at least four, two men and two women it may be tolerable at least for a time, by the time they realize it may have a mistake it would be to late.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the Kind assistance to post these Pics.
It is significant,but un-acknowledge these images exist.from Google Mars.they remain unexplained!
The silence is deafening on reply!
Lets go there tomorrow? Ha!
Book your tickets Now!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rickove

Your welcome, they are curious, but not ready to buy tickets to Mars just yet, or should say I will never be ready, do you have and idea of what those pictures represent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join