It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This hearing aid was called the "French Electric Camera"

It was to conceal a hearing device/aid.

Invented around 1930...

Taken from this page >>>>> LINK HERE

The "Hearing Aid Museum"...showcasing hearing aids throughout the 1920s-1930s

LINK HERE
edit on 21-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

That looks right except for the concealment piece...

This aid, manufactured by the French Electric Co., around 1930, is housed in an interesting camera-style case. This is an unusual example of an electrical concealed hearing device.

The one in the video was anything but concealed...
edit on 21-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Time Traveler = Old lady with a hearing aid and saying something to herself while on busy Hollywood Blvd.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
hand held radio

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

That looks right except for the concealment piece...

This aid, manufactured by the French Electric Co., around 1930, is housed in an interesting camera-style case. This is an unusual example of an electrical concealed hearing device.

The one in the video was anything but concealed...
edit on 21-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

Why talk to a hearing aid?

And what about those enormous feet?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

People with hearing aids do not talk to themselves.. i have a deaf friend sitting behind me and i asked him...

what's the point of a deaf person talking to themselves?

right..they can't hear like we do....

deaf people do not talk to themselves..get a grip people....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jmzcavjr

The first transistor radio appears to be made in 1947

WIKI

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

People with hearing aids do not talk to themselves.. i have a deaf friend sitting behind me and i asked him...

what's the point of a deaf person talking to themselves?

right..they can't hear like we do....

deaf people do not talk to themselves..get a grip people....

Who said "deaf". Hearing aids are used for HEARING impaired people. Or is that not obvious enough?
edit on 22-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

reply to post by harrytuttle

What we have here is a case of cultural projection. We don't actually "see" anything in the person's hands, but because we are conditioned to conclude that someone with their hand to their head must be talking on a cell phone, some people think they see just that.

Definitely looks like an object to me.

In reply to Ziggy, I've never even heard of a "hearing horn" before tbh, so I'm not sure if that's what it could be from looking at the image above but it sounds plausible. ..Well, more so than a mobile.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

To my eyes, it appears that what you see as an object, is actually his hair behind his ear. Woah, that might have been mentioned before, I though page 4 was the last page, after I replied I see I am on page 22. wow lol.
edit on 22-10-2010 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Why talk to a hearing aid?

And what about those enormous feet?

This is becoming silly now and very strange.

You mean to tell me that her talking to herself while carrying a hearing aid is out of bounds? I've talked to myself doing crap all the time, without being caught on camera.

And she has huge feet. This is evidence for something else? Are you being serious or pulling my chain?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

it makes sense she would of needed the hearing aid so she could hear what she was saying to herself

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

it makes sense she would of needed the hearing aid so she could hear what she was saying to herself

Yeah, well deaf people don't use hearing aids....but I thought that would be obvious to the previous poster who spoke of his 'deaf friend' behind him. Errrrmmmmm

And in all likelihood she was testing it and walking in public.

ORrrrrrrrrrr she was a time traveler speaking into her UBER cell phone in 1928.

Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You know what they say about governments having technology we don't know about. Maybe it was someone who worked for the government who had some sort of communication device. A direct phone to phone radio connection? Who knows.

Anyway once again people. Look carefully at the guy in front of her! look at his face. What do you see!?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Who said "deaf". Hearing aids are using for HEARING people. Or is that not obvious enough?

well hearing aides are for people with hearing impairments..not for people who HEAR normally..

do you use a hearing aide? no.. i don't either..why?

because we can hear just fine..

and like i said..deaf people do not talk to themselves..

I live with a deaf man....hard to get him to say anything unless you are talking right to him..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Very rad thread, thanks mucho!
Way, way, way better than that guy in a tee with the cam and shades.

There are many times where my high tech digital phone has dropped the signal and I've yammered on quite a while before realizing it.

My reason for saying that is because there are many cases in the Fortean literature wherein people are walking along minding their own business when they suddenly realize that their surroundings have radically changed... to what is obviously a long, long time in the past, which, after a suitable period... just long enough to engender a seriously uncomfortable feeling... things return to normal.

These are known usually as time slips, and they have always deeply fascinated me.

Such could be the case here, (he said wishfully), he/she could well have experienced that phenomenon, without any requirement for invoking some Titorian character or actually talking to anyone. At that moment, of course.

These things do occasionally happen. Having it caught on film would be 100% unprecedented.

Hopefully no one's posted similar, as I've been very, very naughty and have only made it to the top of page 8.

Peace,
Pixel
edit on 10/22/2010 by PixelDuster because: not tellin.' nope.

edit on 10/22/2010 by PixelDuster because: classified

edit on 10/22/2010 by PixelDuster because: even more classified

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Cool
. Hmm well first off I would like to point out, though i may be wrong, but to those saying that no person such as that will wander on the set, the footage being shot is not part of the movie, but just random extra behind scene footage. The camera was probably just rolling for test purposes and the people walking are just civilians walking by.

Now what I found weird is, the first man who walked by is oblivious to the Camera, why you ask? Simply because the camera was a new technology that was not part of everyday life, so it was not embedded as common knowledge and thus he does not perceive it, because probably his brain filters that information out and discards it or something like that

But hey look now this lady strolls by (probably a man in a full disguise lol) talking on what seems to be a phone? Why not a little phone though right, thats like those big motorola ones from 1997 lol, but seriously its even a bit bigger. What can it be that doesn't need a tower ? It could be a satellite phone or wakie takie though. (yea yea no sattelites existed, I know).

Now the striking part is the lady perceives the Camera instantly rofl! but seriously wth? Just look at the expression on his/her face, he knows...lol.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
]Originally posted by baddmove

well hearing aides are for people with hearing impairments..not for people who HEAR normally..

Uhhhhh....yep. You injected your deaf friend into the convo. So we agree, "hearing impaired" people used hearing AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

do you use a hearing aide? no.. i don't either..why?

because we can hear just fine..

uhhhhh, yep, that's correct.

and like i said..deaf people do not talk to themselves..

Is this like saying Boxers never bark...or Turtles never wink?

I live with a deaf man....hard to get him to say anything unless you are talking right to him..

Your deaf roommate is not the litmus test here.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

well i don't believe personally she is a time traveler, but if you do thats fine i am not one to force my opinion on somebody else.

i was just thinking about how the scene went, she thinks "i am going to talk to myself in a minute" better stick in my hearing aid or i will not hear what i am saying"

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I see that no matter how much plausible evidence one can give on this thread for a logical explanation...it is going to keep going back to something fantastic.

I've learned my lesson in futility for the day.

I'm out.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of those original star trek's where kirk and Co dress up in the period cloths, beam down to the planet and talk back to the enterprise using their communicators. this is not a time traveller but an alien
well could happen

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join