It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IceCube Neutrino Observatory. Possible alternative motive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im putting this thread up here to share what ive read and what seems to be a massive connection to other areas, whether the later be true or simply due to me spending too much time on here.
All i ask of you all is fully read everything and only reply once you have done so. Many Thanks.
(prior warning, long read)

A "telescope" buried deep under Antarctic ice has detected the first signals that scientists hope will allow them to identify the source of mysterious particles that bombard Earth from outer space.
For the past ten years scientists have been planning and building an ambitious experiment to explain the mystery of what produces the cosmic rays and elusive particles known as neutrinos, which constantly pepper our planet.
They have buried thousands of sensors more than a mile below the surface of Antarctica's ice cap to record fleeting flashes of blue light that are given off when these high energy particles and rays collide with atoms in the ice.
By recording the pattern of light from the collisions, the sensors can plot the trajectory of the particles and rays, allowing scientists to pinpoint where in the galaxy they came from.
Remember this as i will get back to it soon.
www.telegraph.co.uk... (read more)

Here are a couple of interesting parts to the above link other than that highlighted.
Cosmic rays - high energy particles thrown out into space at close to the speed of light - may trigger thunderstorms, by creating the electrical charge in the air that causes lightning.

It has revealed a hot spot of galactic cosmic rays coming from an area close to the constellation of Vela, which appears in the shape of a ship's sail in the skies of the southern hemisphere. It is known to be an area of space that emits large amounts of radiation throughout the galaxy. I will go a bit further regarding this at the end.

IceCube Neutrino Observatory

IceCube: Extreme Science
The IceCube Neutrino Detector is a neutrino telescope currently under construction at the South Pole. Like its predecessor, the Antarctic Muon And Neutrino Detector Array (AMANDA), IceCube is being constructed in deep Antarctic ice by deploying thousands of spherical optical sensors (photomultiplier tubes, or PMTs) at depths between 1,450 and 2,450 meters. The sensors are deployed on "strings" of sixty modules each, into holes in the ice melted using a hot water drill.
www.icecube.wisc.edu... (for more)

IceCube Explained
IceCube, a telescope under construction at the South Pole, will search for neutrinos from the most violent astrophysical sources: events like exploding stars, gamma ray bursts, and cataclysmic phenomena involving black holes and neutron stars. The IceCube telescope is a powerful tool to search for dark matter, and could reveal the new physical processes associated with the enigmatic origin of the highest energy particles in nature. IceCube will encompass a cubic kilometer of ice and uses a novel astronomical messenger called a neutrino to probe the universe.
www.icecube.wisc.edu... (for more)

IceCube In Scale
www.icecube.wisc.edu...

How It Works
www.icecube.wisc.edu...
www.icecube.wisc.edu...
Dom string looks a little familiar?

In regards to,It has revealed a hot spot of galactic cosmic rays coming from an area close to the constellation of Vela, which appears in the shape of a ship's sail in the skies of the southern hemisphere. It is known to be an area of space that emits large amounts of radiation throughout the galaxy.
I thought i would do a bit research as i aint a clue about this as it is.

Vela
Vela is a constellation in the southern sky. Its name is Latin for the sails of a ship, and it was originally part of a larger constellation, the ship Argo Navis, which was later divided into three parts, the others being Carina and Puppis.
en.wikipedia.org...:Vela_constellation_map.svg
Notice anything familiar? Pyramid or would you even go as far as saying the same shape that all of these ufo sightings depict?

Stars
The brightest star in the constellation, γ Velorum, is a bright 1.75m supergiant star. The star is actually quintuple, the primary component is famous for being the brightest Wolf–Rayet star in the sky. This star is also sometimes called Regor, which is Roger backwards.
κ Velorum is also called Markeb.
Gamma Velorum (γ Vel, γ Velorum) is a star system in the constellation Vela. At magnitude +1.7, it is one of the brightest stars in the nighttime sky. It has the traditional names Suhail and Suhail al Muhlif, which confusingly also apply to Lambda Velorum. It also has a more modern popular name Regor, which was invented as a practical joke by the Apollo 1 astronaut Gus Grissom for his fellow astronaut Roger Chaffee.[1] Due to the exotic nature of its spectrum (bright emission lines in lieu of dark absorption lines) it is also dubbed the Spectral Gem of Southern Skies.The Gamma Velorum system is composed of at least six stars.[citation needed] The brightest member, γ² Velorum or γ Velorum A, is actually a spectroscopic binary composed of a blue supergiant of spectral class O9 (30 M☉), and a massive Wolf-Rayet star, the heaviest known (10 M☉, originally approx. 40 M☉). The binary has an orbital period of 78.5 days and separation of 1 AU. Its nearest companion, the bright (apparent magnitude +4.2) γ¹ Velorum or γ Velorum B, is a blue-white B-type subgiant. It is separated from the Wolf-Rayet binary by 41.2", and the separation can easily be resolved with binoculars.

Blue supergiant en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:1e9m_comparison.png
en.wikipedia.org...
The best known example is Rigel, the brightest star in the constellation of Orion. Its mass is about 20 times that of the Sun, and its luminosity is more than 60,000 times greater. Despite their rarity and their short lives they are heavily represented among the stars visible to the naked eye; their inherent brightness trumps their scarcity.

Blue supergiants represent a slower burning phase in the death of a massive star. Due to core nuclear reactions being slightly slower, the star contracts and since very similar energy is coming from a much smaller area (photosphere) then the star's surface becomes much hotter. Red supergiants can become blue supergiants if their nuclear reactions slow for whatever reason and the reverse can also occur imploding into Pulsars.

While the stellar wind from a red supergiant is dense and slow, the wind from a blue supergiant is fast but sparse. When a red supergiant becomes a blue supergiant, by contracting, the faster wind it produces impacts the already emitted slow wind and causes the outflowing material to condense into a thin shell. Almost all blue supergiants observable have this shell of material surrounding them, suggesting that they all once were red supergiants.

As the star evolves, it may swing back and forth between red supergiant (slow, dense wind) and blue supergiant (fast, sparse wind) several times and give concentric faint shells around itself. In between the transition, the star can be yellow or white in color, such as the star Polaris, the North Star. Eventually the star is likely fated to go supernova although a very small number of stars in the 8-12 solar mass range will form supergiants but will proceed to become a very rare oxygen-neon white dwarf. It is not well understood how or why these special white dwarf stars form from a star which should, by right, end up a small supernova. It is theorised, though not quantitatively, that significant mass-loss occurs during the star's supergiant phase and places it below the threshold for supernova. Either a blue supergiant or a red supergiant can go supernova as the process of a supernova is not related to the state of the star's envelope.

You may all be wondering where im going with this but where does Egypt, Prophecies etc all fit in here?also the recent sightings of ufo's all triangular displays? Signs? who knows?
I believe theres a connection.
Last but not least
www.google.co.uk... 2UX0jcWOuMBfrnRbuA
check it out yourselves and alter the microwave and infrared sliders????
What about you?
Argo Navis
Argo Navis (or simply Argo) was a large constellation in the southern sky that has since been divided into three separate constellations. It represented the Argo, the ship used by Jason and the Argonauts in Greek mythology. The abbreviation was "Arg" and the genitive was "Argūs Navis".

Argo Navis is the only one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy that is no longer officially recognised as a constellation. It was unwieldy due to its enormous size: were it still considered a single constellation, it would be the largest of all. In 1752, the French astronomer Nicolas Louis de Lacaille subdivided it into Carina (the keel, or the hull, of the ship), Puppis (the poop deck), and Vela (the sails). When Argo Navis was split, its Bayer designations were also split. Carina has the α, β and ε, Vela has γ and δ, Puppis has ζ, and so on.

The constellation Pyxis (the mariner's compass) occupies an area which in antiquity was considered part of Argo's mast (called Malus). However, Pyxis is not now considered part of Argo Navis, and its Bayer designations are separate from those of Carina, Puppis and Vela.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Forgot all about this sorry.
On googlesky what is the triangular shaped cloud at 1h0m49.0s, -72 44' 16.8?
and also
The mass at 5h20m58s, -69 4' 6.8? both seen in Infrared?
www.google.com/sky/

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I guess its just me seeing the connections here.
Heres a clue Triangles and the connection to the number 33

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sir, wow. Good work. I have to say-Very Informative.

I see it is one of those threads that got missed/waded over. Too bad.

This thread-along with this thread I started (my bad-soon to be alerted to and closed-but hopefully linked to here).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damm nice work.

I seriously think there is something else here. Come on-digging 8000 feet into ice just for this?

I was really hoping to find someone here at ATS that might have first hand knowledge but... no luck.

Take care.

Hey, I did have cool pics though...
)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Don't bother deleting its a thread along with this one that needs more focus. The more the better. Something is seriously going on and I'm not just talking about IceCube either.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's a sweet project. Interesting how they figure this stuff out. Project "Ice Cube" (IC) sounds a little dumb, though, I wonder if "IC" stands for "Intelligent Communication"?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Forgot all about this sorry.
On googlesky what is the triangular shaped cloud at 1h0m49.0s, -72 44' 16.8?

A cloud of warm interstellar dust:
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
It seems to be listed as IRAS 00574-7309

and also
The mass at 5h20m58s, -69 4' 6.8? both seen in Infrared?
www.google.com/sky/

Another cloud of interstellar dust seen by IRAS:
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...
This one seems to have the designation IRAS 05204-6904
edit on 6-12-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very nice information you have posted here! Thanks for giving me the heads up on this!
I'll definitely research this more when I have time. Thanks!
S&F

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In my opinion i believe that this is also connected to Lake Vostok in some way and/or an off planet focus

top topics

join